Hello Fellow Racers

Discussion in 'New Members' started by warrior2167, Aug 17, 2012.

1. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I was invited to raceonoz by blueyonder and cyberstig. Some of you may remember me from the 2010 GT Academy TT, were i finished 3rd in Australia (http://gtdb.net/?tt/73).

I currently have GT5 only, but in the near future I am also looking to get Iracing as well.

See you guys out on the track.
  2. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Good to see you joined up mate, you'll be div 1 for sure after racing with you the other night. Season 9 is just around the corner and there is a thread in the gt5 forum thread where you can vote on next seasons format, (season 9 ideas). See ya on the track.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi Warrior and welcome... thanks for the link there's a couple more ROOZ boys on that list:

#42 Jezza_1
    #46 KoAStR (that's me... I'd just got my G25 back then only had it mounted on a dodgey unstable arrangement of chairs, blocks, and a plank... :lol:)
    #64 GTP_Paulie
    #216 NOS_Bonus_888

Sorry if I missed any one else!
    Unfortunately Bonus is the only one on that list still competing in Sunday GT5 racing... but also iRacing.
    I only got into GT when Prologue came out and I'm on iRacing now (when I can), Paulie seems to have moved on to FM4, and not sure what Jezza is up to.

#6 Mad94d also pokes his head in at Rooz here and there but hasn't raced any Rooz organised events that I'm aware of.

I'm sure you'll do very well around here ;)
    P.S. Awesome result BTW well done!
  4. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Is it to late to join season 8, i notice there is a position available for number 14, i have sent my qualifying time as a 2.23.017

edit: woops i just realised i forgot too look at the date for season 8
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    There's 3 rounds (of 7) to go in Season 8, have a word to Stu and Aussieman to see how they feel about you slotting in as there's a couple of regular non-starters whose positions you could fill... but some might be concerned about you taking valuable championhip points away from them at this late stage!

Also check out the Gran Turismo 5 thread... the stickied topics are current (or soon to be) events you can probably get in on in the mean time.

Under the Leagues > GT5 League > Season 9 thread there's discussion and preliminary details for next season to have a look at and voice your ideas.
  6. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Ok thanks, will do
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Gday warrior. Welcome to rooz.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hi Worrior, wow 3rd in GT Academy, Good work, I tried to stay in the top 50 then kept getting pushed out then tried to stay in top 100 then gave up when I'd spend all night to only gain in the 1000's of a second range, i was 116th then (lost a few more spot in the last few weeks then).
    You came to the right place, got some of GT5's finest here that will hopefully give you a bit of a challenge and if you get into Iracing eventually we would love to have you in our camp.
    Good bunch of guys here, I'm on Iracing most of the time now but do a Tuesday night race on GT5 to keep in contact with the guys and have a bit of a laugh. The guys will undoubtedly send you a friends request, there is usually a room or 2 going each night for the league practice and other stuff, so feel free to join in they will welcome you with open arms, carful though, aussie-mans arms may slip down a bit, sorry Aussie had to warn him lol.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Lol bonus.

Hey warrior, great to have you on board. Always looking for new racers to join us so hopefully we can get you a gig somewhere.

Aussie, and tek are the best to talk to about joinning season 8. Personally with only 3 rounds to go I think it would be best to start next season as you might take points off people that directly affect the championship. They might have other ideas.

There are some mid week series that you would be more than welcome to start too, Monday night Mazda and there is a cart series starting in a few weeks. Also Chev has a great looking series in the pipeline you would be more than welcome to join.

Will send you a FR on psn tonight and maybe see you online tonight with cyber.

Anything you want to know just fire it at us and someone will know the answer !!

Cheers
    Stu.
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Hi warrior and welcome to ROOZ :) I will flick you a FR when I get in to GT5.

If you are interested, there is a one-off enduro at Spa coming up, link is in my signature :)
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Welcome aboard man, we get some good clean racing goin on around here, hopefully see you on track at some point.
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Hey Warrior,

Welcome to ROOZ..

WOW 3rd in Australia in GT Academy TT 2010 Thats pretty fast mate, so i guess we will be seeing you up the top of some DIV 1 races in the near furture... ;)

i would have to agree with Stu as there is only 3 races to go, i say we will see you in Season 9..

Reasons being there is a good battle going on in Div 1 and some drivers are on the climb in the championship...
    With only 3 races to go it won't be long and Season 9 will be starting, but in saying Add me on PSN my ID is the same as my ROOZ ID.. aussie_man21

I'm just about every afternoon or even from 4-5pm SA time and have always got a bunch of fellas dirtying my lounge in GT5 :lol:

So jump on in if i'm on and get to know so of the fellas that you will be up against in Season 9....

Anyways mate welcome once again and will see on track somewhere and sometime.. :cool:
  13. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    No problem aussieman. I will be looking forward to season 9
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea, me! #44121 Disturboed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea I got your message warrior, as other have said tis abit late to jump in this season. It wouldnt bother me but its not fair on the guys who are battling for the championship. Im sure you could probably slot right into div1 next season if your keen, im probably be dropping back to div 2 myself.
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Bah! You found bonus at #216, but missed me at #129.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :/ sorry Barra! nice work 'most honorable pad driver' :D

Couple of other familar names on there.

#4 JRUGGIER8, Justin Ruggier from iRacing V8SC
    #25 GTP AussieNicko I think did one or two races Season 4
    #27 Nasanu...
    #29 Joshmuggo must be Joshua Muggleton from TTR
    #61 TORC_vrrmm ? same vrrmmm from Season 2?
    #157 GTP_PAPAOSA, another TTR boy
  18. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Wow there's a name I haven't seen in a while! Good to see you still around mate!

Yeah, wow. That GT Academy list has a lot of familiar names on it. Didn't realise but Justin Ruggier from the V8 Supercars Online Series on iRacing was 4th.