Hacking!??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WAC, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    PS4 Waiting thread over at Whirlpool lee, just dose not want to see someone else point of view.
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep, it's fun giving it to him though...lol
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    There was one time I beat him on Trial Mountain in the Weider and he actually got out and checked the replay to see if I was hacking, even though there was a BHP and Weight limit (odd for a Chev room), he simply couldn't hack it that he was beaten fair and square lol
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I hate going into chev's room in general but when he is in there it's worse, can't stand his accent
  5. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I don't have much or anything to add, other than the fact that I find it VERY interesting as a newcomer to see the GT community in Australia is pretty niche. I've been friends with Redeemer on PSN for months and months, and now I find out that he's well known. I didn't even have many GT friends before GT6 came out.

As for Chev... is this the guy with the funny lobby names? I never join, but I tell ya, it brings a smile on my face seeing a room called: 'Chev's Friday Night Fken BBQ', so much so that I screenshot it and almost uploaded it to Facebook. =)

Finally, aren't there just so many 'wannabee' oldies on GT or any racing game that just sit back and would rather watch and host the races and critique the cleanness of all the drivers? I used to know a guy that would go crazy if you so much as touch two wheels beyond the white line (sometimes when the wheels were completely on top of the ripple strip he would claim corner cuts and extensions). Listening to 40 year olds discuss the V8 qualifying for 20 minutes and then crash after two laps in the race is all too common...
    KoAStR and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    When forty years old you reach look as good you will not, hmmmmm, don't start assuming all people past 40 are all like that, assumptions are the mother of all :):):):) ups, and some of us old blokes still seem to get around the track ok.

Cheers
    Crunch, smokinscotty, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im older than 40....... :( :p ;)

I dont think being a knob is age specific, but there certainly a lot of guys who do the GT thing and aren't anywhere as good as they make out !

EDIT: i should add that we dont seem to have any of them here !!!!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Don't assume that because this is a a playstation game the majority of drivers are teenagers, most the people i race on lobbys are over 35.

According to some website that did a onlune survey of a few thoasand people the average gamer is 32, and when you consider GT is a racing game that would probably go to 42 considering most teeny boppers would rather watch miley cirus twerking on stage lol.
  9. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am 63 and loving it
    SuiCid3, WAC, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I could say the same about some assumptions some make about teens lol, such as the whole 'this generation sucks' crap. I hate even more when people whinge they 'were born in the wrong generation'.
    He didnt say all +40s. And yeah average age for GT would likely be higher, don't know a single other kid in my school that plays GT
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I am relatively new to the 40's myself (Oct last year) but I do agree that a lot of gamers, and not just in racers, are 30+

We are the generation that modern examples of consoles came about in (NES, Sega, Sony). Then you have the older ones, such as the Atari 2600 which a number of our era also played :)

Now it is about mobile gaming (DS, Vita, tablet, etc). And most of my friends are over 30 and play games on consoles or PC mainly.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    And by Atari 2600, he means one of these - still got the box and instructions. Played the crap out of this thing!!

[​IMG]

Imagine, only 1 button!!! And the option to choose between colour and black and white TV's!!! What? They made TV's that only had black and white???!!!

Sorry, thread hijack! And back to hacking...
    SuiCid3, stucar17, Crunch and 2 others like this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hanimex anybody...?
  14. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Oh, is that the one you played "Pong" on?? Weird joysticks??
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I had one of them until my parents bought me a playstion. Had it for all of six months back in 95, I was only 4 so it kept me entertained
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm 33 and play more games now than when I was a teenager! Helps that I've got more money now haha :)
    Gaming for me has changed though. It used to be about winning and finishing, now it's all about the experience and immersing myself in the game.
    stucar17, Crunch and smokinscotty like this.
  17. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I had a 2600 for my first console too, made me feel real old trying to explain to my 8 year old how I used to play Alex Kidd with 2 buttons on the Master System 2, he kept saying what did you use for R2 and L2?
    Crunch, KoAStR, Ad2mny and 1 other person like this.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I hope none of those reply comments were spiteful. =)
    I should re-iterate and say that I mean there's so many actual car enthusiasts playing GT as opposed to car 'gamers', as I would consider myself. That's just the nature of GT. And quite frankly, it's an amazing dynamic to have in a gaming community especially: people who enjoy cars more than racing them. That's why, and I quote 'knobs' (who enforce track boundaries) are not going to be found in the younger ages. That's why, only mature and, by correlation, older gamers are the ones that talk for half an hour sounding like they've 'had a few' tonight, before starting the race. Teenagers want to game to race.

My father is now 62 years old, and he doesn't believe me when I say that the average GT gamer now is around 40 years old. When he and I discovered Gran Turismo 2, he used to play it more than I did; so much so that we finished all the races, and I'd find out that while I was at school, he'd have run the 'Red Rock Valley Speedway' in the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak another 5 times and sold all those Tuscun prize cars to get more Credits. That happened for a good few weeks before he just outright stopped. I had 'completed' the game and was hence indifferent to continued playing, but he enjoyed collecting cars and driving them. During the first playthrough, we'd buy a new car and take it to the 1000m test track and see whether we'd beat the record from our current best car. I remember that that was how I learnt about cars having an 'overdrive' or top gear for efficiency rather than power. Not to mention we had tested moments when I accidentally clicked 'Quit' during an endurance race (because back in those days there was only 'Continue' and 'Quit', and 'Quit' didn't need confirmation) when we were doing a driver swap over.

I ask about those days now, and he just replies that it was a new toy, just like video games were in the early days. He says that my 'addiction' to video games is quite different from the enjoyment of a new phenomenon, and that's why he's never played GT5 or GT6, or even watched me play it at all to this day on a very expensive wheel, screen, audio, console and rig setup. The increased simulation aspect what with the physics, graphics and wheel force feedback (we played GT2 on pad) isn't enough to entice him. It made me sad - very sad in fact. That's why at this stage I've turned gaming and sim racing into my own hobby / thing, completely separate from my father's interests in motorsport. Just like many other males with this interest, he watches the V8s, MotoGP and F1 almost religiously, whereas I only watch the F1 (for reasons that frankly deserve to be in another thread in its own right). I've never even sat in the Formula Ford that's being housed in the backyard shed to this day.

-
    In synopsis, GT is what you want to make of it. Just like the MANY, MANY lobbies that are 'arcade' based with SRF and boost and what -have-you, there'll always be a gamer who plays GT in their own way and enjoys it as such. That's why I ultimately have great respect for PD and Yamauchi for retaining GT how it is; the premise of a driving simulator on a console for the mass, 'un-informed' or 'uneducated' market in the sense of motorsport or driving simulations is a huge achievement. The assists and aids like SRF do a lot more than just cater for casual or inexperienced gamers (ensuring that Sony and PD reach a 'bottom-line' of sales as required in a huge console release) but also help different types of gamers play on their own accord. Everything from the number of cars, tracks, options and assists ensure that there's a multitude of different settings and scenarios for everyone, including 40 year olds that can't race fast even with aids but because they love their cars. =)
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    KoAStR, Ad2mny, JonoStan96 and 2 others like this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well said crunch.

My old man used to play the old atari, i can remember him sitting up like i do now, till the weeeee hours of the morning just to beat the a game i cant even remember the name of !. Asteroids or star wars or something........

I remember when i got my wheel and stand, both my parents were amazed at what i / we do on them now. I even got my mum to have a go, in a mini cooper like the one she used to own. She got a tank slapper up and crashed, but they both laughed so hard they were crying. Funny times.

OT, if i knew how to hack, i could put her in a 1000hp mini and see how she goes.....o_O
    Ad2mny and Crunch like this.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No spite Crunch, a bit of jealousy maybe. Oh to be 10 years younger, or 15 for that matter. I think the boys have just been taking the p!$$ tbh. Love the write up, and I hope you're enjoying the racing. There are plenty of car enthusiasts here, but ultimately we all love to race - and the one thing we do well here at ROOZ, is race!!
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.