GT6 Division 2 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    tonights street room had some sight issues but I made a new room and we have no issues all night (some guys dsc as they normally do in any room) but on rejoin we could still see them etc.. touch wood it is good for sunday
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Had an issue tonight in warriors practice room where I dsc...then the online menu was taking a longer time to refresh (noticed speeds like this on sunday) and when trying to join his room I got the 'request timed out' error again but net speed was just fine... 5 mins later and menu speeds are back to normal... any advice? kinda scared that if this keeps happening more regularly that I won't be able to race anymore :(
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    check your ping rate.
    See if your modem will allow you to swap which pair.
    Check your SNR (Signal-to-noise ratio ) in modem and adjust for stability by changing rate.(modem will reboot each time you make change. trial and error.
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

On Sunday I was able to see everyone else consistently, also in practice rooms before and since then I've had no disconnections or problems seeing people.

But on Sunday, I had trouble seeing Hatfield and also I could not even see his practice room after the postponement.

I was able to join other practice rooms that night though.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    probably because we only became psn-friends that night. Should be ok now that PSN has had a week lol I might try to have a practice room up Saturday night
  6. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Are the rooms setup as 'Fixed Room Ownership' ?
    According to details I have read, when the room ownership is fixed, all racers only need to be able to communicate with the room owner. When 'Fixed Room Ownership' is disabled, the network becomes a 'mesh' like setup where each players need to be able to connect to all other players in order for it to work correctly.

Based on this I would presume the best option is to have someone with a fast (fibre/cable) connection to be the fixed owner. This way most of the players only have to receive one UDP packet stream from a single host (hence reducing the load on their router).
    incey likes this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will setup a friends only room this sunday and if we have issues and I need to make another room I can try the fixed ownership :)

better yet, if I get on saturday night I will try a fixed room
  8. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    From the GT6 manual:
    Fixed Room Ownership (star type network model)
    If room ownership is fixed, the race will be suspended if the current owner suffers connection problems or leaves the race. However, the fixed room ownership model means that a race can take place as long as there is a connection between each player and the room owner. Races are therefore less likely to be disrupted by individual players' network environments or network equipment. (Compatibility problems with network equipment such as routers will only occur between each player and the room owner.)

This is known as a star type network model. In this model, the player who created the room is the owner, and they host up to 15 other players. If your network's NAT type has been determined as 3, please play in rooms with fixed ownership.

In the star type network model, the room owner is required to have high network bandwidth. This means that not all players can become room owners. In the event of a player with low bandwidth becoming a room owner, cars may display signs of unnatural movement during online races.

I think this setup will suit hosts with NBN, like @stucar17.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yeah my rooms always have like no bars...but sometimes have no issues
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So I tried to create a fixed room...as soon as I change the option, it recommends low race quality...I moved it back up to the normal recommended high and the room failed to be created lol so that option won't work for me...I have a practice friends only room up now however
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I tried it after reading these posts. Recommended low as well but changed it to standard. The room was stable for over two hours with people coming in and out ( not all friended). at around three hours it started to break down with me(host) not seeing people. i think there was less lag than normal up until failure. I have a relatively low speed connection 700kbs upload and i think it works better for me as host selecting fixed owner

won't really matter for this div though eh!
  12. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I'll see what I can do to 'hot rod' my connection this arvo so I can maybe offer another option if we encounter same conditions as last week...
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, I think we try @Adronaught room first to see if any issues. I worry when I can't see any bars on room entry especially when I have a solid connection as I do now.

Hopefully will be ok to race, did my back again yesterday so could be a bit of a struggle :(
  14. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I'm hearin ya @stucar17....I quadruple stinted at Ballaschleiffen Festival of Speed 24hr and pulled up super special in lower back. Currently in traction with heat/cold packs in situ, washing painkillers down with purely medicinal Scotch, and have local witch doctor sprinkling chicken blood and giblets in door ways (to help with Internet connectivity)......LOL!!!
    Hope you can make it broo :thumbsup:
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well maybe you guys could try fixed host rooms...
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Am I right in assuming @Carbonfibre is joining us tonight? (still haven't accepted my friend request [as of last night])
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    He is supposed to be
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    nevermind...just got word he cannot make it
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 2 Provisional Results
    Pole position: Bryan_F
    [​IMG]
    13 @Adronaught (disconnected)
    Fastest laps
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Russell and AOCleaner74 like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well first things first... @stucar17 how about that for a good room? 1 driver had sight issues which were fixed on his rejoin, and only 1 dsc... pretty good for 0 bars lol

Congrats @Bryan_F on the win!

I qualified 6th with a 25 flat and got a good start off the line but couldn't make a pass of it. Early on I got by 1 car but @NAACS caught me napping to put it up the inside somewhere and I couldn't find a way back past...until later. Had a great battle with him and we actually went 2 wide through the first chicane!
    Pitted on lap 11 with a clear lane and then bryan and a few others pitted next lap...but it wasn't enough as I came out just behind him...however he got held up by some of the guys still on hards and I closed in...unfortunately I hit the apex on the final hairpin and had to reverse off it...and this meant that after his stop, stu came out in front and I knew that was now 2 positions I wasn't getting back...
    But extremely happy with third place!!
    Russell, NAACS, Easyprey007 and 2 others like this.