GT6 GT Academy - Live events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Stumbles, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Just ask for a 24hr test drive and high tail it to the nearest open race track
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've done the GT-R...mate of mine works for Nissan and he let me loose in one for about 10 minutes.
    It truly is something else, just on another level.
    warrior2167 likes this.
  3. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I did Barbagallo last year. Great fun.
    The handbrake Smith mentioned is only if you are in trouble...I pushed reasonably hard but my instructor didn't even go near it, even at the bottom of the hill before the pit straight.

Just don't mess around and you'll enjoy it. Really listen to the instructor, regardless of how well you think you know the car and/or track.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Yer nah mine never grabbed the hand brake, did slightly :):):):) him self when it kicked sideways in the middle of turn one ( bumps got me) they were just very strict at first about braking at the cones, but after 2 laps he let me have a fair go, to the point of braking halfway between the brake markers and the turn in cones.
  5. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Dude I had was just ice cold in terms of nerves...I got it on 2 wheels on the kerbs and he didn't even react...was pretty funny actually, cool mofo
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Thats what the guy with the WRX drive was like with me, we came around a hairpin flat throttle second gear, 300m straight to go and im full throttle and the car is slowly drifting sideways into what looked like a corn fields, I had to lift to gain traction but he said should have kept the foot in it. But when I had an off he just said about time someone pushed this car past its limits
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Having driven an M5 and a CLS 63 in a test drive just like you mentioned, theres a limited amount of.knowledge you will get apart from learning its acceleration. They don't really let you test the limits handling wise unfortuntely.

For that i would look into renting one(the 370z should be easy to obtain, the GT-R will likely require you to be over 25).

Best way to get adjusted i think is drive cars much faster then what you will drive therefore its a comfortable adaption.
  8. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Barbagallo is one of my favorite tracks, drifting there was the only place better than Oran Park!
    And Mus if your looking at doing a track day, do yourself a favour and book in with trackschool trackdays. the head instructor and owner is one John Boston. He has been a go to guy for alot of the time attack guys as a hired gun, and has a fleet of school cars to try out. He is also a driver in the Dmax driving team! Defiantly knows his :):):):). Best Value and tutoring you can get.
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    To succeed you've got to give yourself every single possible advantage, and any seat time would be appreciated just to familiarise with the car even if its at at road speed for 10 minutes.

I didn't think of hiring one, so thanks for that. Being 24 I know I will have to pay a little extra.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I should probably shut up then lmao.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

They are definitely going to be at the Aus GP and online qualy starts April
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey, I'm going to be at the GP. Hmmm, will mean I'll have to stay sober?? Alright, for one day. Anyone else going?
    garyw61 likes this.
  13. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Only stay sober enough to do your qually time ;)
    garyw61 likes this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The first stage is quite easy though, im sure you could pass it even if you were Aussieman drunk.

The final is on sunday(according to warrior)
  15. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    The way it worked at the Clipsal 500, you do a qually to get into the qualification round. The qualification round was at 2:00pm on the Sunday I went... Could do your entry race at Bathurst any time before that. Just see the Sony rep and let him know you want to do a qually run and he'll check your time and give you at GT Academy lanyard that you take back at the set time. They did that on both Saturday and Sunday here.
    garyw61 likes this.
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    if anyone wants the ghost lap of me doing a 1:03.5 i need your email so i can send it.
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Suprised they didn't have to do more in the beep test considering some of them did a six minute plank (if beep test is same around the world?).
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    pretty sure they make them do a beep test straight after the other tests.