GRID Grid 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Clevohead, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Is there decent force feed back?
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    It's not to bad, left it at default setting which is 100%
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for the update Darko. Only just having lunch now, won't be out of here till around 7... Might not get to it tonight. 3 gig eh, hope my old fatty has enough room?!?!?
  4. LeStig

LeStig New Recruit

its good....
    Graphics are good
    Force feed back with Fanatec is good
    Gameplay is more arcade than sim .... like dirt 3 ..
    its good fun !

Mmmmmmm after a few hours and trying it in both sims with the different wheels .....
    Don't like it at all....
    It's arcade handling at its worst.... Probably works ok with a controller .... There's a bug with the T500 ...
    Graphics are fine
    Sounds are good
    Cars are floaty and feedback through the wheel is vague....

My advice ?

Rent it first or get it from a store that gives you the option of returning it - EB games will be getting this copy back tomorrow .....
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I have had a bit of a blurt, it is different (online lobby's etc...), and I have noticed a distinct difference in handling between online, and offline.

But in saying that it may have been because my first run was online (trying to get used to it) then went into offline mode and probably had a better handle on it.

There are a multitude of steering setup options that I have yet to play with, I am not giving up yet.

And be sure to press start with wheel when entering the game otherwise you can't use the wheel in game, unless I am missing a way to activate it :/
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Haven't had a run yet, wife picked up my copy, and promptly hid it until my birthday on Saturday.
  7. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I had a bit of a fiddle with the advanced wheel settings for a few minutes and found that linearity on 0 feels good, as it takes most of the sharp turn in away - 0 is actually the middle setting, it ranges from -10 to 10. Also turn MultiTurn on, that allows the game to use the full range of the wheel, rather than just one turn lock to lock.

EDIT: Well, it felt alright in a tier 1 300ZX, but the tier 3 NSX is still horrid to drive with these settings.
  8. LeStig

LeStig New Recruit

I'm on -2 linearity ..... Tried all the ranges for wheel weight, feedback etc ...... With t500 .. It's woeful .. On 70% of race starts the car doesn't move .... Changes gear, revs out but just sits there.... No feedback from the wheels on transition to oversteer or under steer .... Force feedback seems to only kick in when you are crashing .....

With fanatec - game reads this as g25 - you have to reconfigure controls to get everything to work and that's not a problem. Ive not adjusted the advanced settings much, just reduced the dead zones and left the rest ....The feel is much better and it plays and feels very dirt 3ish.... Why the t500 is so bad is a mystery... I have latest drivers and firmware ..

There's no issues with the starts using the fanatec .... Only the T500....
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hope that's not the only present you get....

I know what you guys mean. It seems to be very hard to find the sweet spot for the wheel. I had a very quick fiddle again this arvo and I've given up on 900 degrees. Wound it back to 360 and found that a bit better. Linearity seems to mess with my feedback?? Need to spend a good chunk of time with it to get my head around it.
  10. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    try going into pre sets and see if any of them work better, when i changed mine to G25 it seemed to improve the snap oversteer a bit
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    you shouldn't be using the full 900 anyway when you play racing games, around 260 is the most you need.
  12. LeStig

LeStig New Recruit

Happy birthday ...
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cheers LeStig.

Well, spent some time with the game, (sorry I missed your invite to online Anon, was taking the missus to work).
    I jumped in with just default settings on the G27 and seems to work fine.
    Very arcadey, but was never released as a SIM I guess. Fun, but (as mentioned), very much like Dirt, which I don't mind, has lots of fun on that. Not sure how the online aspect will go, haven't looked at that yet.

I'd better chuck GT5 back in and get ready for tomorrow's race now... lol
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is the steering any better than the original grid? I got the old one out last night for a few races and I had forgotten how arcadey it was, tried different settings on the wheel but it was just horrible......compared to GT5

So in the end I did a bit of livery painting instead, then swapped and did a few laps on gt just to see the difference.
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Tried hard to like grid 2 but I think it will just be a dust collector :( after a few days and a few adjustments in the advanced options I got a good feel for the game and the physics do have some depth once you learn to get past the oversteer and TBH the physics have grown on me quite a bit ! The major problem with the game is the interface, people who complain about GT5's load time and 'cumbersome' layout have basically been spoilt compared to grid 2
  16. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Does that count for GT5?
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    IMO if the wheel has 900* the game should be set to that. just because you have 900* available doesn't mean you have to use it all ;) eg your car will most likely have more that 900* of steering but you don't drive down the road swinging off the steering wheel just to use what you have got available lol. I think what mustafur meant was that you should only be using 260 odd degrees of rotation and leave the other 640* for parking lol
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

When they made a patch for F12012 which did something to the steering, it made 900 standard I think and it was horrible, so you needed to set the linearity all the way up to about 60%, which got full lock at the proper angle.
    Main time I notice GT5s degrees of available steering is at Monaco with the F1, at the hairpin. You need to turn the wheel heaps, more than 180 from memory which isn't really ideal for the F1 there lol.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Well yeah u dont need the full degrees because at speed the turning required is very low, thats why about 260 is good, when u get more then that you will be working the wheel too much to turn.
  20. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Patch Notes | Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

• Fixed an Issue in Season 1 where viewing sponsorship objectives cause the game to hang.[/*]

• During season 3 in the Haruna Kyojin drift event at Okutama the AI would become overly aggressive and ram into the back of a player.[/*]

• Fixed a graphics issue where the logo of lightweight cars does not appear with the other Tier 3 car classes.[/*]

• If the player selects the Technology sponsor objective - [/*]

• Fixed an issue where upon completing the game and selecting New Driver from the options menu, the game went to a dead state on a loading screen upon completing season 1 (after playing a video at the wrong place).[/*]

• Fixed a splitscreen issue which was caused when the player uses an instant flashback then pauses the game and restarts the race. They will notice that the AI will take control of their vehicle once the races starts.[/*]

• Fixed an audio bug that would cause sound to become badly distorted during any race where music plays.[/*]

• Fixed an issue where the background cars in the 2nd and 3rd garages would have drivers just sat in them.[/*]

• Fixed an issue that resulted in RaceNet global challenges not updating accurately.[/*]

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from signing up to RaceNet in game.[/*]

• Fixed a graphical error that was present when removing upgrades and reverting to the default livery.[/*]

• Fixed an issue where in Touge if a player drove through a ghosted player that has just flashbacked they will be unfairly disqualified.[/*]

• Fixed an audio issue that caused short burst of engine audio to be present when quitting out at the start of the Divizero time attack race.[/*]

• Fixed numerous corner cutting errors on Indianapolis.[/*]

• Miscellaneous: many various tracks / car geometry, stability, string and difficulty balancing fixes.[/*]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.