Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Thank you, much appreciated.
  3. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    You had very quick pace last night mate, well done. I was happy to make it to third, and although I was gaining on the back half on the softs, it was a case of too little, too late.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That was a strange night, qually saw a pb of a second better than practice times and quick enough for pole, just. starting on the outside is difficult with the vr and i didn't realise kieran was inside me til it was too late to accommodate. minimised contact by adjusting the line through the tight bit and we both emerged fairly undamaged to fight another day. it seemed like he was following to conserve fuel and sure enough had a big advantage at the stop. i got a rude shock when he emerged from within me on the back straight and never really regained composure. the bloody headset reset cockeyed out of the pits and it took a couple of pause/continues to get it facing forwards. i had no answer for keiren on the medium rubber other than to try and stay close to the rear but the gap got wider and wider as the race wore on and a flaccid second was all i could manage. was happ with my effort esp the fl being close to the qually time.
    on to next week, the tsuck is a fun track but the changeable dampness is going to throw up a challenge for sure, we are all rowing the same boat so hopefully everyone has a good time for the climax of this season
    Matthyus, Kieran_B33 and Dybo like this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    from the round regs..are intermediate tyres a wet compound?
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Yes
    incey likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    GT7 requires an update
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    and now its broken
  9. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    It will take some getting used to, but I don't think it's bad. FFB is certainly a lot better IMO, though I will have to get used to the change in the TCS.
  10. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    At any rate, it will make for an interesting race in the wet on Sunday night.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Mine Gt7 won't connect to servers, well wouldn't last nice anyway
  12. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    They did the update last night, servers usually down while update is being done.
  13. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Has anyone else Had black screen since the update... Happen to me 4 times tonight. Screen froze Black and stayed that way after setting change by the host. I had to restart the ps.
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 7: Tsukuba Circuit - Custom Weather (R06, R04, R02, R02 Random for rest) - Early Morning 5x - 45 Laps - 02/04 (Retro Round) [RS and Wet Compounds ONLY]

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 4 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:15 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:25 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at the Final Corner.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T1, Stay hard right and commit to the inside for the corner if there is a car alongside you.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Tsukuba
    A classic dog fight style short circuit, Tsukuba is nothing short of a challenge, especially in the wet. It's two double back hairpins followed by single line corners to end the lap leave little room for mistakes and even less room for overtaking. Overtakes here need to be 100% committed early, and require respect given from BOTH drivers to ensure chaos doesn't ensue at the exit. This means following the most recent Rooz GT Racecraft Guide and ensuring room is left on corner exit when room is required to be given.

Remember that this race WILL, start in the wet, the late stages are set to random and could still rain.

It is Retro round today too! Hope to see all your retro liveries out in full strength!

The tire allocation for this round is RS and BOTH Wet Compounds, There are no required tires or compulsory stops.
    Easyprey007, incey and Kieran_B33 like this.
  15. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    No sure if I'll make it again tonight boys. Have a fantastic night.
  16. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Not the first time I’ve heard this. Double check your video output settings, this recent update added selectable video options. My guess is the signal bandwidth is exceeding g the capability of either your HDMI cable or TV
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    is daylight savings finished? dunno if i'm going to be able to wait another hour if it is
  18. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    yes finished last night
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 7 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Great way to end my season.
    I was a bit anxious about the recent physics and BoP changes as I'd noticed the little Swift felt like a different beast.
    Had a bit of practice on some custom races, so I felt like I had some idea what to expect.
    Started on inters and pitted at the end of lap six for softs, stayed on those until end of lap 31 and a second pit to give that front left tire some relief.
    Had some good battles with ControllaGod and Arnoldwa, Arnold had a blinder, finishing second - Great single stop strategy gave him an edge.
    All in all, really happy with how I've fared this season.
    Great bunch of guys in Div 3 have made it all the more enjoyable, thanks everyone for turning up each week and helping make this a great competition. Looking forward to S5.