GT6 Gran Turismo 6 Officially revealed!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by midron18, May 16, 2013.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

If GT6 can look this good on a PS3 and PS4 is coming (and they are no doubt developing for, considering the time that code/hardware has been with devs), imagine what GT7 is going to look like on the PS4!!

I know it is only a demo but PD generally get the look right... No more shadow jagged, sharper/deeper colours.. This is what GT5 should have looked like. Here's hoping they come through with the promised options in the game :)
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Cleared some space and downloaded the demo. Some subtle changes. Damn that Leaf has got some body roll. The 370z seems to handle really well and seems to have a lot of grip for sports hard tyres. The horizon seems a little closer? Like the tracks have lost a little depth? Maybe it's just me? The background for autumn ring seems a little different but I would have to do a back to back comparison to pinpoint what is different ( if anything ). Congrats to Zampli for his 5th place in the regional rankings and I see Anon in there too plus some other familiar names. Overall I give it a 9/10 but its kinda hard to make a proper assessment with such a small sample. I noticed a few little glitches too, the sound goes funny when you hit the rumblestrip, the front wheels seem a little shaky, and the reflections on the drivers helmet do not reflect the fact that you are inside, not on the roof! But these are small things that I'm sure are just teething problems.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The cars get unsettled much easer if you go off road now, before it was quite easy to just floor it out but now you have to let go of the throttle or you will spin everytime.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Got installed, and done the entry lap using the controller.

After that was done went and checked out menu, and dealership. Load times are quick and I hope this is the case with the full version. I checked out wheel settings and noticed still no specific support for Fanatec guys :(

Doing the initial lap with that bloke nagging me about braking, and changing views :rolleyes: I noticed that the tyre skid sounds and all the sound in general is better, as for handling I would rather wait until I have a run on my G27.

But so far, so good.
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    can you use your wheel in the demo
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yep
    Graphics are sharper, tyre smoke and shadows look a lot better too. Handling is a nice improvement, enjoyed the nissanZ.
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

BTW anyone else done the GT-R around the national and international circuits.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sadly, I'm not impressed at all. No notable improvements in major graphics aspects or physics over GT5 IMO.

No doubt if I'd played GT5 more recently I might pick up a few subtleties, but for an altogether new release I was expecting alot more..... will not be purchasing GT6 at this rate. This demo still suffers from the same fundamental flaws of GT5.

Body roll is nothing but eye candy. Car response still lacks any real lively feeling or response.
    What little FFB exists is stale and muted. Virtually zero feedback on what the front of the car is doing especially.
    Tyres still feel like blocks of butter with a suspension system that somehow bounds them from lifting off the road surface or giving any sort of kick back.
    Braking system is still broken with ABS off, and ABS 1 is way to strong.
    Clutch system is still broken. Cannot successfully shift with a throttle blip.
    Graphics still have lots of jagged edges and flickering with no notable improvements at all IMO

I quit after completing the Sunday and Clubman Cups.
    Sorry guys don't mean to rain on anyones parade..... just my opinion.
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I Would say its not helped by the car choice though, the 370z is a naturally Understeery car in real life and has a similar feel to what the solstice does in Iracing.

I cant really judge the full extent of the physics till i try it on a car im used to on GT5, also the demo has Auto clutch it hasnt been implemented with the manual clutch yet.

FFB wasn't adjustable on the demo so i don't think its a full relection on what will come.

I hope they include throttle and braking deadzones as that will increase the feel without ABS.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    There is an option in the menus to adjust the FFB, I too thought it was weak until I turned it up to 10 how I like it!
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fair point about the car. Although I did play the last GT Acadamy / GT demo a reasonable amount and from recollection it feels pretty similar.

Manual clutch seemed to be implemented in the demo and operate as per GT5. Once I used it once during a session, if I tried shifting without it there was no auto-clutch anymore. FFB too, I adjusted all the way up to 10 with the wheel setting also to 'simulation'.

Whether these aspects of demo are representative of the finished GT6 is anyones guess.
  13. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Goodwood Hill Climb to Feature in GT6

Link
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  15. Darko

Darko Professional