General lifestyle, interests and hobbies

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aussie_man21, May 19, 2012.

1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    hey every1

just thought i would post up this new thread to get to know a little more about you all and what you's all like to do in your time away from ROOZ..
    you know all the general stuff like;
    First Name?
    Age?
    Job?
    Hobbies & Interests?
    Rug rats? (kids)
    Blah Blah? :lol:
    just some everyday general stuff that YOUR comfortable with sharing with others...

me My name is Alan i'm 29.
    Pretty easy going bloke that loves to work come home have a beer/bundy, get up and do it all again...
    travel a bit from all over OZ, to Japan (baseball), USA and Mexico (when i was working in mining) UK (family live there)
    like to have a laugh and :):):):) stir people, and usually don't mind getting stir back (as long as it not PERSONAL)

handbrake and i have 5 kids between us 1 boy and 4 girls. 14 y/old boy, 4 girls 9, 8, 6 and 6months old.
    interests; Sports: baseball. racing (mainly V8's, rally and speedway) art (engineering designs & tattooing), Building stuff from furniture to welding big stuff, hanging out with the kids...
    job. jack of all trades, but a master of none. :lol:
    done stuff like mining (diamond drilling & plant opertor), sign writing, building (All types) and heaps of bush work...

OK your turn.. :p
    Woody likes this.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done for putting this thread up Aussie. My name is Anon and I like cars. The rest I'll leave to your imagination!!

Because I like cars, I headed out to lakeside raceway yesterday with a couple of mates and saw some pretty amazing metal. Here's a few of my better pic's, they're not great, but the iphone is my only camera atm. The vid is a bit choppy cause I put it together while watching the MotoGP...Stoner NOOOOOOO!!!!

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=OkVXyAfcmJQ[/video]

And also sorry about the sh1tty soundtrack.
  3. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    What was on at Lakeside Anon? Just a car show or some racing?

Your video doesn't work for me btw..
    "This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    First Name Trent
    Age 29
    Job ..I work for the government
    Hobbies & Interests - Gym, AFL , cricket, ps3, hitting the town, women
    Rug rats? (kids)- nope
  5. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    name. corey
    age. 18 3/4
    job. ps3 driver
    interests. lego ps3 v8 supercars.
    live in western sydney 45 mins from the city am pretty nice but sort of hot headed
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Name: Jason
    I live in Brokeback Hill
    Have worked as an Electrical Lineworker, now based in the office doing boring :):):):)...... sorry, fell asleep for a second.

I'm a total gym junkie, life basically revolves around working out, love my motorsport, primarily Formula 1 but also V8 Supercars, MotoGP and even Nascar, also a big NBA fan and an even bigger NHL fan, Ice Hockey is THE best sport around if you ask me, I used to play Roller Hockey (very similar to ice), represented SA (yes SA, I know, it's stupid) at states on a couple of occasion's, local comp has long since folded and I miss it dearly, thinking of travelling to Adelaide each weekend to play ice, see how I go.

I also have a little one on the way, might throw a spanner in the works, will be my first child so should be an adventure but looking forward to it.

That's about it really.

@E, Corey eh, I never imagined you'd be a Corey.
  7. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    nice one jason, weights? cardio?

been training myself for about 9 years and go 5 -6 times a week
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    You are me! haha, seriously, I've been training since I was 18 and I tend to stick to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, weight training, I only really get cardio from sports, playing tennis at the moment, I need to start running more often but I just don't enjoy it, I need to have a purpose.
  9. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Car show mostly, Saturday and Sunday, with some "happy laps" at the end of the day. We did not make it the end of the day though!?!?! Nope, just looked and the video won't work for anyone. Will modify the soundtrack and get it working in a bit.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK that vid will work now, sorry about that.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Stuart, 38 going on ..........14 one day, 55 the next

Run a couple of big tennis centers in Wollongong and Bowral. Moved up here 14 years ago after living in a small place called Batemans Bay, on the coast from Canberra.

Hobbies......raceonoz, cricket, golf, diecast DJR and F1, watching the NRL, love the F1, lost a bit of interest for the V8s. Pushy when i get a chance, go karts when i have the time and money !!

Married, 3 kids, eldest is 7, youngest is 3.

Like everyone, just trying to get everything done in the time i have !!
    Woody likes this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Stuart eh, never imagined you'd be a Stuart Stu!!

@Snake, have you not heard E's Mum in the background calling him Corey? (among other things)
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Hahaha, cheeky prick, and E's mum screaming doesn't come through my headset very clearly tbh, plus I tend to turn the volume down when E is talking :p
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Name: Nathan
    Job: Plumber
    Kids: Hell no.

I'm into PC gaming, and GT5. The only reason I bought a PS3 was to play GT5 and watch blurays, I rarely use it to play anything else. I'm heavily into Formula 1. I'm a big McLaren fan, have been for a very long time. My biggest hero is Ayrton Senna. He may be dead, but his spirit and legacy live on. I love cars, although I don't exactly drive a fast one. I love music. I listen to mostly progressive rock/metal, and anything else that stirs me inside. I love my job, been plumbing for about 7 years. I live out in the country, a small town in the north of NSW called Warialda. I've lived here most of my life. That's about it.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Name: Jon
    Job: Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor
    Marital/kids Status: Divorced a long time ago, no children.

Hobbies and interests include GT5 (d'uh), wrestling (yes I know it is fake), watching the NRL/NFL/Football. I do work on friends cars on the weekends (when needed, not all the time), I am slowly restoring my XJS & doing some renovations on my unit (apartment you sick bastards). I also enjoy the odd drink, having/attending BBQ's and do a bit of fishing here & there. I am a diesel mechanic by trade and finished my apprenticeship in 1994. I live approx. 1200 metres from The Gabba but am not a fan of AFL so only go the cricket in summer. I attend the State of Origin @ Lang Park every year though!

I was in the Army for 13.5 years but was discharged due to my knees being ruined so fitness is not a big part of my life unfortunately, but I keep in shape with the weights and bike cardio.
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

My name is Paul or is it>? yes it is. 37 years young. Born in adelaide.

1st love Surfing, started when I was 12 have always lived on the coast. Went to byron bay with a bunch of mates on a surf trip when I was 20 with practically no money, joined the Paul keating surf team met a girl and decided too stay. Surfed all the great spots on the Far North coast/SE queensland. After about 8 years our relationship went sour, its was great while it lasted. Surfing all day, sex in the arvo then hit the Great Northern or the top pub at night what more could u want? . It couldnt last though it, time had caught up with me cant be a surf bum for ever.

Made the decision to move back to Adelaide when I was 30 which was pretty sad as I really loved that place but theres no work.

Moved back to my old stomping grounds the mid coast and got back into carpet laying in Adelaide and its what I still do (Contract carpet layer) No kids yet, single atm but have had a few flings since being back.

tekNique is a nic I made up back in about 98-99 when I 1st got into online gaming thru the dreamcast console, that was a beast console. I thought I was all tekky and unique for playing online lolz.

Aussie did you have your first child when you were 15? You said your 29 with a 14 year old?
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Different father maybe Tek? Aussie?
  18. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @TEK
    :lol: :lol: I AM A ROOT RAT but no M8, that my handbrakes yound man.... and yes she is older than nearly 34....
  19. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Name: Dave
    Job: IT Manager
    Marital/kids Status: Married, 14 yrs. 2 boys - 8 & 4.

Born in England and came over in '73 as a 1 pound pom with mum, dad and sister.

Live in Wollongong and like most people there work at the Steelworks. Been there for 25yrs. Started as Electrical Eng then got into Automation and then IT. Worked mostly in the gong but spent some time with BHP at Port Hedland WA which was awesome.

Don't seem to have time to do much at the moment with work and kids. Like hiking when I can and been in a runnning club for a while. Played a lot of squash and tennis. Don't mind skiing - spent 10days in Japan earlier this year. Love watching the Nascar and like pretty much like all sports.

@Rumble - where were you based in Army? I have a few close mates about your age who were in Weipa and spent time in Africa (UN)?

Cheers,
    Dave
  20. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dave, where do you play tennis in wollongong ?? I run the centre at beaton park.......Small world !!