G'day

Discussion in 'New Members' started by smokinscotty, Jan 3, 2014.

1. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Hey guys,
    New to Leagues etc, but have tinkered around with Iracing and cut a few laps of GT over the years.
    Iracing account is currently unpaid, but loving GT6 and have been putting a few hours into Bathurst and teaching myself tuning setups to cut the lap times down (r34 touring car @ 2:03 atm)
    Occasionally I will clock up a good lap time, but lack consistency, so will be looking to join a GT6 noob series. Not looking to win races, just looking for races with more respect than the usual first corner sh!tfight in the online servers.
    See you online soon.

Scotty
    PSN: smokinscotty
    carn_the_pies likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Hi scotty. When the season kicks off ( a few weeks away ) you will be placed into a div appropriate to your pace. The mod team will get onto that for you. The league series is run with un-tuned cars so that everyone is running with the exact same car so it comes down purely to your driving skill. ( ok and a bit of luck ) Brake bias is the only thing you can touch.

As to trying to avoid first corner sh!t fights, the only time I have experienced that here is due to lag. They really are a great bunch of guys to race with here. respect is given on and off the track. just make sure you brush up on the league racing rules and regs, but its pretty simple. Just abide by normal racing rules. Redress when needed, no weaving...............

Enjoy mate. I know I have immensely since joining 3 1/2 seasons ago.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  3. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Cheers TB, un-tuned sounds great! Been reading up on the rules etc, all looks well sorted. With some supersprinting, tarmac rallies, drifting and alot of motorkhanas under my belt, alot of the basic etiquette is fairly standard.
    As someone who has played alot of FPS over the last 5 years or so, I'm used to the constant struggle that is lag and connection drop outs.
    Going to try and join the Friday night shananigans tonight if there is room in the server.
    Stumbles likes this.
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cool, just get Anon666 on your friends list, he'll be hosting. Hope to get on myself, see ya there :)
    smokinscotty likes this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Welcome aboard Scotty, FR me and I will hook you up with some racing tonight. Check the FNRR thread for the cars you will need.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  6. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Thanks for the races last night.
    I got d/c during qualy in the Hudson, but took that time to clear cache and loading times improved heaps for me.
    I was pretty happy with the junior, maybe because its so idiot proof :D
    Sorry to Dave and Ad2, I was all over the shop at Bathurst.
    Overall not to bad with the hotlaps but alot to learn about driving in traffic :D
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    It's a whole different ball game trying to get around a track with cars all around you. A wise man once said, "It's not how fast you drive, but how you drive fast.". The more online racing you do, the better you will get.
  8. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Much bigger challenge, much more rewarding!
    Really need to do something about a seat, I'm using an office chair/desk, and the height is all wrong for a wheel. So much so that i was slouching all last night almost laying down F1 style just to feel comfortable, but feeling a little sore today....
  9. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Just a couple of quick questions;
    Is there any rules as per traction control, ABS etc??
    How do the teams work in the Nascar series? Is it like a bump draft partner IRL??
    Thanks for the races last night, took abit of trying to get logged in, but it was worth it when I did.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Tcs and abs are the only aids allowed, and you can set them to whatever.

The team championship is combined points I believe, and if you can stay together bump drafting would be a great advantage too.
    smokinscotty likes this.
  11. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Sweet as, thanks!
    Going to pick up a Nascar tonight and give it a crack, haven't driven one for a few years.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey scotty, great if you can join the nascar series.
    Essentially, with three rounds to go i will slot you in wherever there is a slot. but i will keep you with the same team mate for the final three rounds for the points. Will catch you online in the next few nights for a but of practice if you want.

Stu
  13. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Sounds good Stu!
    Not really in it for the points, happy to just put another car on the grid. Don't stress to much about making me fit into the pointscore system. Happy to not count toward the series, joining late and all, just keen to have a go.
    Cheers.
  14. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I'll sort it mate ! ;)