DiRT EA Sports WRC Cross Platform Club

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Kieran_B33, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Thought I'd make a thread for this, I am sure one of the mods can move it if need be.

Posted this in the old Dirt 2 club thread as well....

Hi all,

I have got on the new EA WRC game and have made a club named RaceOnOz but here is the link as well:

https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/638

It is set to friends only so we do not get randoms so you may have to send me a friend request to join.
    Note: I have sent a friend request to everyone on Racenet that has linked their PSN account and is my friend on PSN.
    Noodles87 and KoAStR like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    What are you thoughts on the gameplay so far?
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    To be honest all i've done so far is create my driver, set up the Raceonoz club, played in the livery editor, and do 2 time trails (one with a rally4 and one with a s1600 both in NZ) will get on a bit later and start career mode and get more of a feel for it
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I just played through the current event from the official EA club (there's 1 for modern WRC and 1 for historic - i don't know how the classes are rotated). Took a long while to complete with some gruelling stages including a near 35km stage!!

Customisation is a little lacklustre, you can choose your appearance but its very limited, good luck if you are a blonde haired male because there's no options to represent that. A cool feature is being able to choose your co drivers name but not their nationality as it's based on "Language" so your co driver will always be British unless you can speak German. French, Spanish or Italian lol. Livery editor has quite a lot of options, and more to earn in the pass, but it is no where close to the depth GT7 has and can be difficult to match your decals on the left to the right.

The car list: There's some neat additions but also so removals including the entire Rally GT class which is disappointing, also the DS21 (as noncompetitive as it might of been) is gone along with the 240z, surprisingly no room for a Renault Clio kit car despite being included in Dirt 5 but they do have a Megane. And nothing new in Group B unfortunately :(. Not sure if i missed anything else. The car builder will be cool i am guessing but haven't gone into it yet.

I haven't tackled anything RWD and have only been on gravel. But overall handling is still on the realistic side maybe a touch more towards arcade than DR2 but still good. Contacting the banking on the side of the track doesn't seem as punishing as DR2 and punctures seem less frequent, if my rally on Chile for the official club was on DR2 I feel I would of gotten a puncture or 2, on WRC I didnt pick one up the whole time. The damage is still quite intense maybe not on the level of DR2 but this was run on normal damage not hardcore so that may change things. I felt that at first the car was quite easy to drive but once parts started picking up damage it definitely still changed things so its not easy by any stretch.

The cars sound good and the hybrid system on the current crop of WRC cars is interesting to use.

I'll get onto the historic WRC event tomorrow, using what DR2 referred to as the "up to 2000cc" class. Couple of new additions in there plus the Evo 6 moving into that class from Group A.
    KoAStR likes this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm waiting for VR assuming my PC will be able to run it when it lands. I'll jump in then
    Kieran_B33 likes this.