Division 4 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Good luck tonight.....gotta love the start of the season.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ROUND 1 GENERALLY THROWS UP SOME CURVE BALLS AND ISSUES SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH NEW DRIVERS / MEMBERS WHO ARE FINDING THEIR FEET. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. ;) All rooms have nominated room captains and i will leave it to their discretion on how long they wait / adjust / or fiddle to get everyone in the room. First night "generally" sees us about 15 mins behind to sort any issues so again please try to be patient. Drivers with connection issues also need to be aware that only a certain amount of time can be allocated before the race needs to start....please be aware of this. ALSO, before qual do a check on how many people everyone can see, some guys may need to do a reset, if you decide to start with some guys not seeing one another it does give a different perspective if there are race incidents to sort through

I hope everyone understands the rules on tires.......When the room resets for Qualifying you must be on the tires you want to qual and start the race on. PIT LANE IS CLOSED during qualy. You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire, minimum of one stop to run both compounds. If room captains can explain this before the room is set that would be good.

If you have an issue in the race, PLEASE PM ME AND THE ROOM CAPTAINS to get it sorted. Dont rant on the forum. Save your replay and check all views before you "blow up" about something. Let the mod team deal with any issues in a professional and ordered manner and penalties will be handed out where required.

I hope you have all seen my posts on 'CUTTING" and "CONTACT". A reminder though, if you constantly cut corners (2 wheels must remain on at least the ripple strips) you will be penalized in the form of a drive through penalty (approx 30 secs added to your race time - exact time will be worked out if needed) or excluded from the race results. Also, if you make contact to another car and push them off line gaining a position you MUST REDRESS or you will also face a drive through. Contact works BOTH WAYS though, so if you run wide, or make an error with a car behind you please be mindful of them, but equally, using the car in front as a rail in a kamakazi move doesnt go down well and you will likely be on the end of a protest.....Also be carefull when rejoining the track after an off track excursion. Returning to the track without looking can and has ruined others races.....

THE GENERAL PASSING RULE IS "IF YOU HAVE YOUR CAR MORE THAN A THIRD ALONG SIDE YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE OUT OF THE CORNER, THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE SHOULD YIELD" all of us need to use our brains on this and "race" smart.

Really hope you all enjoy the season guys, remember its fun, its not brain surgery, and if things get a little tense just think of BJ to get everything back in perspective......

Cheers stu
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks Stu. Good luck everyone tonight.

For reference guys, this is my Sunday evening ritual each week before racing. If everyone could find that extra couple of minutes to do the same, I think it will make for a much stabler room with less issues:

1. Make sure you have everyone racing that night on your friends list. Please note that having more than 100 friends on your FL may cause you issues in GT6, as the PS3 platform only recognises 100 users despite smartphone apps that let you have more. My suggestion would be to trim your list to under 100 if possible, and this is mandatory for anyone who may host.

2. Reboot your router. This means isolating it completely from any power source by either unplugging it from the wall or pulling the power adapter from the rear of the unit for at least 10 seconds. I know it is easier to just user the power button, but it doesn't do the same thing.

3. Reboot your PS3. Again, this means isolating it completely from any power source by either unplugging it from the wall or pulling the power adapter from the rear of the unit for at least 10 seconds.

4. If you need to accept any friend requests at this stage, accept them, then go back to step 3 (reboot PS3 again, or at the very least logout then login again to PSN).

5. Start GT6, then do whatever you need to do (e.g. change car, change oil, repair body rigidity etc), then last thing before entering lobby, clear your cache (options, network, clear cache).

If, for whatever reason, you need to leave/rejoin the lobby, always go and clear your cache again before re-entering lobby.

See you tonight!
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  3. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Great racing tonight guys, from what I could tell it looked pretty clean.
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So you don't miss me then?:D
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

Very happy with the result tonight being my first ROOZ league race. Had originally decided to go hards then softs but changed my mind late hoping to put down a decent qually time, avoid all the mid pack rumble and keep the softs in good nick for 11 laps. I came out of my pitstop with a good gap and hoped the chasing pack of Jim, Sickskills and Disturboed's tyres would fade away towards the end of the race, Not real fussed on the Tokyo track but will need to get some practice in soon.
  6. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great race mate, too quick for us early on and held on to win. Well done
    DekGT5mad and Watto64 like this.
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great start to the season, no stuffing around with friend requests and only a couple that could see 12 not 13. I decided last minute to qualify on softs as most were on the hards. Put it on the front row but Mario managed to get by. Was probably too conservative on the softs trying to stretch them out and in hindsight probably should have pitted a lap or two later. Great clean racing by all but I couldn't hold off the charge from the guys on softs in the last few laps. I must have spun the car every 5 laps or so in practice so I was pretty happy to keep it pointing forward for the whole race.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    They say when you have a child you lose 0.5 sec:D
    SPL Racing and DekGT5mad like this.
  9. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Definitely chose the wrong start tyre, should've started on softs, i lost to much ground on the hards, and considering i narrowed the gap to the leader by 35odd secs on my soft tyre stint, i think i would've been about 4th to 7th, better than the 9th, lol. Well done everyone on a clean, well raced 1st round. On to Tokyo R246 reverse, a totally different kettle of fish with barriers both sides!
    stucar17, Stumbles and Ad2mny like this.
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    The goal for this round was a top 5 finish and managed to snatch 3rd on the podium with a half a lap remaining!

I had been planning on qualifying on the softs to get a break and try and clear the main pack at the start. But I already entered the track on my hards so just stuck with it. It took me ages to get a good lap in with the kids behind me distracting me every 3 seconds. My time was OK, but not fantastic, only good for 8th or 4th fastest hard tyre.

Got a cracker start and passed 2 guys who had issues getting off the line. Stumbles made a move on my inside at Turn 2, but I held a better line and took him back by the next corner. I knew there was no point trying to race the 3 guys up front as they had the softs on. Tank also had softs but was closing in on me fast after his 4th gear start. My target was Jim just ahead but I couldn't quite close the gap enough to make a move. Our pace was so equally matched. I managed to keep Tank at bay, even on his softs, for a few laps, certainly not blocking him, but I wasn't going to move over this early in the race. Soon after I made a minor error and went deep into a corner, so he got through anyway. Then he hit the wall of Jim and it took him several more laps to get past that!

It was about lap 11 or 12 when the leader McCracken (Watto) pitted and he had such a gap that he emerged still in first place. I pitted at the end of lap 14 to give me 10 laps on the softs, which I had worked out to be about the most I could do, Grassies had been giving me a hell of a time in the previous laps and got a good undercut taking both me and Jim after our stop. In the end though the extra lap on the softs for Grassies and SPL was a telling factor as Jim and I rounded them up in the dying laps. Sickskillz had been running second for a good portion of the second stint and it looked as though he was out of reach, but as each sector passed, Jim and I closed in. Jim took him at the start of the final lap, and I got past half a lap later.

All in all a good result for me, one I didn't expect I was back down in 7th or so after the stop. I think a great first round for all.
    Gratz to Watto and also to Jim. Tokyo certainly aint a personal favourite of mine, so will be focussing on just trying to be consistent. Bring it on!
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    results, lap times anybody??
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll get them up this arvo. Gotta do a quick check of the replay, will tag you when they're up.
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Stumbles
  14. Tanktex

Tanktex Rookie

PSN ID
    Tanktex
    Went the Soft compound 1st option beat the crowd was the plan.... Started 4th on the grid sweet i thought...
    Accidently had knocked the h pattern shifter into 4th gear prior to race start:( spent half my first stint reclaiming my place from the guys on the hard compound tyres..
    Looking to make a big improvement next race
    Well done to podium and race room was quality clean fast race
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    retrieved this off the ROOZ FB page...Its a start for you hat and emmo
    [​IMG]
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanx Vardz.
  17. fubbles888

fubbles888 Guest

I couldn't see McCraken or pinoy in the race...
    If I didn't slow down for garyw61 I would've had a chance, but it's only the first race for me. At least I wasn't last, so I'm happy with that.
    stucar17 and VARDZ like this.
  18. fubbles888

fubbles888 Guest

Is anyone going to review the start?
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What happened at the start?
  20. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ok, checked a few laps from everyone and pretty happy with the standards... Well done guys :)
    Here ya go @emmo46
    Pole was that really quick fella Watto (McCracken_27)
    Results...
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps...
    [​IMG]
    Konnor McCluskey and emmo46 like this.