Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I feel like I had a "get out jail free" card with that round. Had a dead set shocker and still managed to hold onto second in the championship. I have only done a hand full of laps around Brands hatch 80's course and that first corner gets me every time so I have no expectations there, same as Red Bull ring. Pretty confident I can have a strong end to the season with the enduro at Apricot Hill and my favourite track at Nurburgring but I know that I will be watching my back WTF!
  2. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    lol wtf man...Yeah that was a save for me that round brands hatch wont be anything great but i can back up my season with excellent result at red bull ring and possibly apricot hill. Nurbug will be interesting
    SPL Racing likes this.
  3. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Nurburgring is a very good track I will hopefully right behind.... Or in front of you SPL haha
    SPL Racing and pykeybraa145 like this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'm happy I've so far lived up to my own expectations, and am still in the top half of the ladder
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  5. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Just want to clarify, is this weeks race at the brands hatch GP 80's or Indy 80's?
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    GP mate
  7. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks for that
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    You can practice as much as you want on the Indy track, I am sure there are a few that won't mind!:D:D
    DekGT5mad and SPL Racing like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    does seeeth123 have a ROOZ account?
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    seth123
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Race 2: Reverse grid had me on the rear of the grid and I stayed their off the line, giving WTF a couple of rubs to let him know I was there. All of a sudden OTS was stopped parallel to the track on the inside line and I swerved wide to avoid contact, making con tack with the rocky wall and falling behind AOC into the second tunnel. SPL and pykey got caught up with kiwi not being able to see everyone and were very slow onto the back straight. Passed by a spinning ranok3n at the last left before the chicane as pykey outbraked and passed SPL at the same corner, moving behind me into 8th. As we completed a lap and started up the hill to the first tunnel, AOC started the psn wobble, skidding back and forth and causing me to cringe for impact every time. I guess it's my karma for last few seasons. I breathed a sigh of relief when AOC turned himself around at the first right after the tunnel and I gobbled up the place, setting off after WTF, evil, Molch and kiwi. Emmo already had a small gap and the pack battling as they were was letting him get away. Suddenly I heard screeching and the distinctive lag warp revs behind, and I looked back just in time to see pykey zip from right on my tail to about a car length behind and I started to worry again. He got a good run on me at the last left but couldn't take advantage. WTF rounded up evil around the outside in the tunnel, allowing pykey and I to join the 6 way battle for 2nd. Evil and Rano ran side by side from the end of the back straight to the tight right over the rise, and their overtake lines slowed them enough to get on the outside of WTF into the last left, but he closed the door and I had to back off, allowing pykey up the inside. I gave a little flash for the clean pass, and then he started zapping in the chicane. He jumped two more times before the tunnel then as I turned in all I saw was smoke then blue then I was stopped dead with heavy damage. DAMMIT I yelled and my GF jumped. I stayed on the pavers on the inside of the tunnel as AOC ranok3n and OTS zoomed past while my gearbox and front strut recovered. Lap 5 now, and Rano clipped the inside wall exiting the second tunnel onto the back straight, losing 8th to OTS and giving me a little slipstream. Next lap I closed right up and drafted past ranok3n at the end of the back straight. OTS was about 2.5 secs ahead so I put my ears back and head down. Ranok3n was not laying down though, and it was his constant pressure in my mirrors that helped push us both towards OTS. End of lap 7 I saw my teammate falling rapidly down the leaderboard, and I spotted a backwards arrow after the last left. He dropped all the way to last. I was still catching glimpses of huge smoke clouds in the distance from AOC jumping about as we slowly clawed our way up to OTS. By lap 10 I was close enough to smell OTS's aftershave, and about 3-4 seconds up the road AOC had caught up to a struggling kiwi. By this stage my fronts had lost their turn-in grip and even though I was close enough I could not confidently shove it up the inside as OTS was matching my corner speeds. I rode his bumper for the next few laps, coming alongside once or twice but dropping back. It was clear that up ahead kiwi was not seeing AOC, as they were blending together and AOC was getting some pretty severe door slams into the corners. Finally a good run on the back straight gave me confidence to dive inside at the bottom of the hill but I just ran wide on exit, giving back the place. Another dive at the last left but this time very dodgy and I slowed right down to 90, allowing ranok3n to close back in. Lap 13 and our little pack held steady. Ran a little wide at the end of the back straight, tapping the wall and losing a little ground to OTS. We started the final lap and I inched closer as we climbed the hill. I saw up ahead a couple of puffs of smoke into the tunnel thinking it was just AOC lagging but he had been turned around by kiwi. He scrambled to rejoin from the outside just as we came upon him at the tunnel, pulling a u-turn into our paths. OTS got by cleanly but I could see trouble. I pulled down tight onto the pavers to try slip by but he kept moving down, and clipped my driver door, sending me fishtailing out of the tunnel and spinning out. I dropped back to 10th by the time I recovered and let SPL through as he was still going faster than me at the right hander after the tunnel. So that was where I finished, but later AOC conceded that he had caused the spin by improperly rejoining the circuit, accepting a drive through. My corrected points saw me second overall and moves me up to third in the championship. I'm stoked!! Well done to all podiums for both races.
    DekGT5mad, SuiCid3, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  13. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Do we have the host for Sunday night sorted?
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    X-3vi1m00n I believe mate.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    So the missus and I are expecting our first baby in 7 weeks time and tonight we were talking about possible names for him. I don't think she was impressed when I suggested Grant Urismo Logan. Maybe she'll come around ;)
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Maybe you should have offered espielle?! ;)
    DekGT5mad and SPL Racing like this.
  17. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    ooh now that does sound classy! Nothing says class more than spelling an acronym phonetically :)
    DekGT5mad and Ad2mny like this.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Wolf Verine Logan
    SPL Racing likes this.
  19. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Unfortunately the telstra routers don't unblock all ports when DMZ set,Ad's new one does,that's why he's all good without PF'ing.As Ad said,best idea is to throw them in the bin,or you can at least use another router to bridge connect to the DMZ static IP address on the telstra router,then the ports will definitely be open.
    Anyone who can't work it out can ahtually get their ISP to do it remotely!!
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You weren't lagging anyway