Division 3 - Season 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Nah was a race. Turned out to be a glitch as it worked fine once I reset the game.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Really struggling with rain for this round... cannot for the life of me get out of the 40's... is it correct 36's is the pace in the wet..
  3. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    if it is for our Div mate, we're screwed!! LOL

I'm just lucky to actually string a lap together at the moment. I'm gonna struggle in the wet i think, i just heat the rears so quick and with this game they turn to mush.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I think it was div 2 in the 36's.. but the likes of antlloyd ad2 (who is qik around here) and fezz wont be far off.. It will be a matter of cruising for the 7 laps no spins saving the rubber and then let the animal loose..
  5. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Practice room is up and invites sent
    Chase likes this.
  6. Chase

Chase Rookie

PSN ID
    Flatstick
    Putting the kids to sleep, be there soon
  7. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Qualified 3rd!!! Parked it up on lap 4 due to lag.... absolutely spewing!!!!
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

So there I was, running in 6th in the wet. Next thing... Msg pops up about maximus lagging, I get punted hard in the ars and in to 13 the. Ruined my race essentially. And not the first time his lag has been an issue.

Thankfully I finished 11th but with dry pace I shoulda been higher. Except for a few 'push too hard' issues lol

If you join a league to race online, please make sure your connection is capable of doing it.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    14 Maximuscatticus (DSC)
    15 VARDZ (DSC)
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    DSC from 3rd place taking a second a lap out of Fezza in the wet :mad:. Start was a damn shambles with the fore mentioned P3 starter not moving in front of me at all .... most likely due to lag as mentioned and thats that. Looking forward to Spa... my favorite track... :geek: 2'00'5xx :whistling: in a quick run last night with a potential of a 2'00'070 so will be looking to find that half a second.
    Chase likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Yeah you where 5sec a lap quicker than me. You are div 1 pace
  12. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    [​IMG]
    I do love this track
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    getting quicker to mate... managed a 1'59'7 in a full run... 3rd stint 30 odd ltrs of fuel.. give 4 rounds here and 3 at hockenhiem and yep div 1 it is
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Let me know when you are on again and I'll get some help.
  15. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  16. maximuscatticus

maximuscatticus Team Driver

PSN ID
    maximuscatticus
    Firstly, apologies to all affected by my lag last night, Vardz's message was the first I've heard about it this season.
    @Rumbleshorts That message came up at the end of qualifying before the race even started!!! And as for "not the first time", this IS the first time anyone has said anything about it this season. If it's that much of an issue I'll withdraw from the rest of the season right now, but don't expect me to fix something you don't tell me about!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I had a slightly frustrating but interesting night.
    Managed to snag pole which was a big surprise given I had seen a lap time from ant of a 1.35.x in the practice room (wet) before the race. I only did a 1.37.x on my second flying lap after I did an F1 style cool down lap, and was fully expecting him to beat that at some point.
    Held first off the start and through the first lap. Completing the first lap still in first I thought i can manage this and get through the wet phase still in first. Righto, here comes T1, don't overcook it and yep there goes the back end, roundy round we go. Lost a few spots, get going again, spin at the hairpin, loose more spots. get going, spin at the penultimate corners, loose even more spts. Basically last now. What an absolute disaster of a lap.
    Started to make my way back through traffic.
    By tthe time the pitstops rolled around I was still well down the order, made up a few spots as some pitted much later.
    Was tossing up whether to 2 stop or not, lap 19 would have been my pit window, but nearing that number I started to nail some sectors and was setting fastest lap after fastest lap. I eventually did a 1.30 which was awesome and i hadn't really killed the tyres in doing so, and pressed on.
    Had a few mini battles, but kept making minor errors dropping me back a few seconds as the tyres started to show their age. I got up into 3rd spot but was over 30 seconds behind 2nd. With about 8 laps to go I was nearing being 30 seconds ahead of 3rd, and closing in on 2nd. With 5 laps to go the gap to 2nd was down to 20 seconds. I knew I had no chance of catching 2nd in 5 laps, and was contemplating ducking into the pits for some fresh rubber but I didn't know what the pit stop loss in time was. I decided to take the gamble thinking if I did loose 3rd i should be able to make up the lost time in 5 laps.
    Anyway, I ended up bloody spinning in the last 2 corners pointing nose in to the infield fence, and lost about 10 seconds getting back on track, so quickly abandoned the idea and kept going. The last 3 laps or so started to get a little sketchy with understeer and general slidey-ness but managed to keep it on the black stuff relatively ok to take the last podium step.

Gratz to Ant & Fezza on their drive, especially in the first phase keeping it on track.

There is now only 1 point in the championship (after drop rounds), so the next races are going to be quite intense.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Its not often that you get a full distance run for the endurance race if you are a once a week racer... so sunday night i will have a room open normal time and run a full distance... if you would like to join me like this comment, send me a FR if you are not alreadt and i will flick you an invite around 7.30pm
    Ant_427 and Chase like this.
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Something tells me you won't fit in 44 laps around Spa in 40 minutes mate :D
  20. Chase

Chase Rookie

PSN ID
    Flatstick
    Sounds good mate, I will see where I'm at Sunday night but am keen. Cause I'm that once a week Sunday night racer
    VARDZ likes this.