Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job Dougz, well done to the podium.

Was a frustrating night for me. Been at work all day and was buggered and struggled to even open the room in time. Sorry guys.

I did about 4 prac laps before qual and sucked balls so wasn't a good start. Couldn't get it hooked up in qual , on my 1 flying lap I hit zamps in a bad spot and just couldn't get a lap time. Ended up 7th I think.

Race 1 I was in the hornets nest and after some in front messed up was up to 4th. Had a good battle with flood for about 8 laps, and Jairo drove well pressuring us both with some reasonable pace. Finished a frustrated 5th

The start of race 2 was a network stuff up , for a change I gained the advantage from it and went from 9th to 2nd before the first corner. Again I had a bit of bad luck when barra hit the fecking chicane wall and just clipped him on the way through, taking the speed out of my car and I got swamped down the back straight. I was back to 5th I think, and the same thing happened again a few laps later when I got swamped by the next pack trying to avoid contact with cars fighting in front.

Most frustrating is that it's such a fine line between defending and causing an issue for someone. (someone get me the tissues! ). Anyway, being aggressive worked for people tonight, and I didn't have any contact so that's probably the biggest sign I need to take off the skirt !!

Great battle flood in the first race. Respect mate, always good racing with someone who you know will give room, but race hard. Good run too Jairo, had good pace there mate, nice clean battle.

Anyway, am off to get the bull bar fitted to the front of the 86, might need it if I want to stay in touch with the top 4 guys, if anyone else wants one, let me know, they might give a bulk discount.

Stu.
  2. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Thanks

Haha sure, why not? I'll have a bull bar too. :)
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries , Think Might get some driving lights fitted as well.

I should say I'm not having a dig at anyone. Just a realization that me avoiding contact with guys in front presents opportunities for those behind that perhaps I need to start taking as well. I found that frustrating tonight is all !!
  4. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    3 rounds down, 3 times I have felt like putting my controller through the TV.

Didnt get much time to practice this week, then got on to find out that I was woefully off the pace, qualifying 9th I think. Decent start and had made it to 8th by lap 3, then it looked to me like Cob had put it in the fence on the long right hander in the first sector. Nope, he was just lagging, and lag punched me half way to Florence. Full damage to engine and 2 wheels left me comfortably last. If it wasnt the sprint round I would have called it a night and went back to watching the Olympics. As it was, I stuck it out, and got past Aza who had a problem somewhere.
    Second race, got dumped on the start line exactly as the race started, which sounds like a better outcome than most. First into turn 1, then stuffed it in the barrier at the chicane on cold tyres. Sorry Stu. Im just glad you clipped me, and not a full on hit. Dropped to 7th there getting back to speed. Then had a battle for a lap or so with Dougz and someone else (forgot who). Lost out to Doug on the last double left, then for good measure, he lagged too, knocking enough speed off me to kill my speed on the straight. :):):):)ing useless network. From there, I just stumbled around to finish. I hope I didnt cause Veno to spin at the chicane, I think there was contact, but your car was pretty out of shape before I got there.

Having finished my whinge, I dont blame anyone for lagging, or Stu's connection. I put it squarely at the :):):):)house network PD put together with string and tin cans. Doesnt help that I dont particularly like the street tracks we have used, and I got punted in the one track I was quick at.
  5. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That would be it Doug. I think I might have been a bit sideways (I was most laps at that corner), but the lag-tap didnt help. I would check my replay, but the track never loaded for me after the race, so I couldnt save the replay.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Feel for you barra......sorry it happened mate.

Does anyone in div 2 want to run the race through their room.

Buggered if i know if it will make any difference but it could be worth a try.

I can do all the set up and stuff, might help some people with the way the stupid network is.

let me know,

cheers
    Stu
  8. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    We can try it through my room this week if you like Stu. Im not holding my breath. And besides, if everyone else is fine, it wont be an issue after this week. I will be in europe for the last three races. I was hoping the season would finish before I left, but no such luck.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

cbfed doing a whole report, other than in the first race, i stuffed up early on and hidnered an unknown person at the time (sorry never:(). then just made my way back up to third, almost losing it last lap to flood lol that was a bit of a worry, taking chances wherever they were as this track is a :):):):):) to be stuck behind, especially at chicane.
    second race, veno had epic lag and stuffed me and dougz up. then again, aggressive on overtaking and just taking chances wherever. sorry dougz about that incident, without looking at the replay i wouldve still held up what i did was fine, but i saw your youtube video (thanks for cutting off to that in the vid lol) and realised i probs shouldve moved over way left if i wanted to make that move stick.
    tried catching cob up and got it down to almost 3 seconds, then he opened it up a bit again, then i stuffed somewhere between lap 10 and 14, so no hope anymore:( i think he might've had a mistake in the last lap though as almost 1.5 seconds went missing, so finished behind by about 3.5-4 seconds. decent enough race i guess, dissapointed with qualifying again, will have to work on that i think. championship very close, 1st and 2nd seperated by a point then another 9 points down to 3rd.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Just want to give a thumbs up to cob, looks like he's having a real break through season. Good stuff mate!!

Gee it was close for 3rd to 5th overall, Flood so unlucky mate getting a 4th and a 3rd and ending up 5th overall :/
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

'grats Doug, well done last night.

Very frustrating evening for me, 20mins practice after 2 weeks away just isn't enough, especially in the oh-so-finnicky '86.
    I was doing ok in race 2 (after I dropped into the start a second after the green!) until I overcooked it in T2/3 & spun, which took the edge off my rear tyres, of course.

Went backwards after that, just couldn't get back into a rhythm again.

Bring on season 9 ! :p
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys,

Laps for this week have been adjusted to 28 laps.

My Mistake, sorry for the mess up.

Race will now be very close to 45 mins.

Stu
  13. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Average race for me this round, the highlight was probably getting 4th place in qualy. wasnt really bale to hook it up during the race, the chicane causing most of the heartache. So the first race was forgetable. Second had a 'surprisingly' good start flooring it once the black lifted and no start penalty given, took up third position and at the chicane made a lucky pass look textbook to take the lead. Cob right on me and then just went backwards from there, another mistake at the chicance costing me many positions. But after that, i found some consistency and ended up having a good tustle with stu for quite a few laps. Enjoyed the racing again but i think i really need to lift my game.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool

Awww shucks, thanks for the kind words Tek, still have work to do though, as so far rounds seem to go as follows,

practice - average to ok, qually - average usually around 6th, race - consistent enough to be near the front but not quick enough to challenge for the win but enjoying it immensely.

Something seemed to click about halfway through last season and I got my head around this thing a bit better, spending a bit of time in Aussies room helps a bit too and not over practicing (you can do too much, then you get sick of it and it becomes a chore instead of fun).
    There's been some great racing already in div 2 this season (race 1 was epic) and we're not even half way through.

Cheers
  15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    How fast are people going at Nurb? I need to know how :):):):) I am. Got a 1'39.5 yesterday
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    38s - 39s are the order of the day barra.

my pb atm is a 38.3.

Fast guys in div 1 are in the mid 37s, buggered if i can ATM.

will be on tonight after the footy to have another crack.

BTW, are we still right to use your room on sunday?
  17. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Right, more practice required. I think I am losing a bucket load of time in the second sector. Always going sideways through the hairpin which forms the shortcut, then can never get a consistent line through the next left-right. Time spent practicing has been hurt by watching a lot of Olympics.

All good to use my room - there are a couple of guys not on my friends list - make sure you add me.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    do you know who they are barra, i can get a message to them.

I like this track, am on pace with the fast guys through sector 1 and 2 but lose a bucket load at the chicane. bit too cautious atm, but i spose if you get it wrong there you lose more than a little !!
  19. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Definitely Zampli - I tried to add him at the start of the season but his friend list was full.
    I think Natman and Jairo too. If I get on tonight, I will check against the driver list and send some requests. Everyone will be on my recently met list anyway, I havent been in a room with anyone else since Sunday.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

sure thing barra, will get that cleared up today
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.