Division 1 - Season 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 7, 2018.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

did anyone else get spit back out tonight at Road America on wets despite setting the strat to slicks?
    no other probs with the pitstops at this end
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Same issue I had.
    Pit at end of lap 2 and pit crew didn't change my tyres, even though I had them to change to slicks, and checked it was the default strategy prior to race start.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Don’t be on default.
    I was on a saved start, and tyre change was on “all”. If you have it on recommended then it won’t change tyres.
  4. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Yes mine didn't change tyres as I was on recommended ....
  5. autech91

autech91 Professional

@stucar17 unfortunately @SUBGTRACER is right about the track limits being abused. The other night in a practice room got out qualified by two drivers who when I was watching their lap kept their foot buried even though they had run very wide gaining an advantage. Another driver cut a corner rather than yielding a position to me in a race an continued on without redressing. Lets hope in the league racing the drivers remain fair and dont try to win at all costs :). Lets race fair using the same amount of track, if you are div 1 you should be capable of placing your car exactly on track where you intend to.
    stucar17, SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  6. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Unless you're like me and have the consistency of a terrible soup and frequently go rally-crossing through the grass....
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  7. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    tbh I think the problem with turning track limits on is the incredible inconsistency with it. The amount of time's I've been pinged with a penalty for throwing two wheels over the white line and using all the available track (within the pcars penalty standards) is pretty annoying and can ruin a race. Unless the stewards are happy to receive appeals for incorrect time penalties and then adjust the race results accordingly...I don't think it can happen.

Bottom line is 90% of the time no one is going to be out of view from another person, if they abuse the track limits consistently, and gain an advantage, they should be seen and reported to the stewards. We had no issues with it last season, so I see no reason to change it this season in my opinion...but what do I know? :laugh:
    Zachery likes this.
  8. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Guys I know its a portentous subject (cutting track limits) but if you run any track enough you know where the track limits sit , they don't change ....... I just think that is a lot more inline with a consistent competition level that we are at . Now I don't know how this works or changes when you have been punted off track or rubbing and are pushed to the track limits .......
    Could be some larger issues than the hole track cutting scenario .

Anyways Stu has stated this is how we are going to run so this is how we are running .......... He's the boss and at the end of the day I guess I'm just happy to run with you guys every week .

How the :):):):) do I turn on the thingy to show my pit , I cant seem to find the little bugger in the game menus .... Missing my pit way to many times at the moment ...........I get confused are my guys green , blue , pink , ahhhhh ffs drive over the mother forkers and now they are red !
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  9. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The unfortunate truth is that track limit penalties on PC2 are seriously flawed and not usable in a league like this.
    I have personally received a penalty when I had 2 wheels at least 1ft inside the white lines. I've also gotten penalties from being nudged off the track or going around a car that has spun.
    We are a long way from having a sim that can make consistently fair assessment of when someone has cut the track AND gained a lasting advantage from it. The best feature we could hope for would be for the game to flag possible incidents, and store a replay so that a person can review and make a judgement.
    Spidey_11, Zachery and SUBGTRACER like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Cough...iRacing...Cough

Relax im stirring
  11. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Doesn't sound like you at all Zachery :)
    Zachery likes this.
  12. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    hahaha nah im never one to have a stir lolol
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im sure its a doozy, but the image didnt work :(
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Here Zach, might make it easier.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Zachery and CAB77 like this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Benny is right about the penalty system being flawed.....Its inconsistent, and more importantly, has a habit of penalising the wrong driver in any contact situations.....not ideal, and i know it would create more issues than it solves.

@autech91 and @SUBGTRACER ..... i do understand your concerns about track limits, however this is the way we have done things for many seasons (through no other option) and have very few issues along the way.....

I have always said, 'if there is someone taking a clear advantage of the track continually, let us know and we will penalise where required', using the evidence from the race replay. Things are a little more difficult in qual, as there is no simple way to record the session...ALL drivers know the rules, and history would suggest that most guys are 1. trying to do the right thing and 2. if there is a clear and continual breach of track limits, we WILL penalise, and have done so with time penalties and disqualification from the event. Those drivers have copped it on the chin and moved forward with the season.

Can i just reinforce the following...re track limits as is in the rules and regs...sums it up very well....
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/#post-155000
    "(viii-i) TRACK LIMITS : Track limits are defined as the ripple strips or the white line that defines the edge of the track. Drivers must have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip or white line at all times. Any driver who 'INTENTIONALLY' or "CONTINUALLY" runs outside these boundaries to gain an advantage will be penalized. Any penalties handed down will be the result of "conclusive" proof of any breech of the rules. See also Track Limits - Definition and Clarification subsequent to this post."

Track Limits - Definition and Clarification

It's generally accepted at ROOZ that two wheels must remain on the track at all times, and that parts of the track include contrast-striped ripple strips and solid white lines, but not sausage curbs or solid coloured curbs outside ripple strips (which are purpose designed deterrents) - clarification examples:
    1. Where there is a solid white line and a ripple strip, four wheels can go outside the white line so long as two wheels remain on the ripple strip.
    2. Where there is a ripple strip and a sausage curb or judder bar, all four wheels can be on the ripple strip, but only two wheels can mount the sausage curb or run over judder bar.
    3. Where there is only a solid white line, two wheels must stay within or on the line.
    Two wheels still on track - no offence:
    [​IMG]
    All four wheels outside track limits offence - may attract post race penalty:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a good example of driving to the edge of track limits. You'll see legitimate racing lines where all four wheels off the tarmac while mounting ripple strips here, but never more than two wheels cut inside the ripple strip.

Leaving the track is not an offence in itself, but if a driver does so he must re-join the track safety and without gaining any lasting advantage. So occasionally exceeding track limits is ok we don't expect robot precision and won't be scrutinising to the centimetre but blatant and gross abuse of track for advantage may attract a post race time penalty in the order of a drive through. Track limits are usually purpose designed to reduce momentum and hence any possible advantage. So leniency may apply for driving on sausage curbs or judders as this is generally slower anyway, but having four wheels non-track side to completely dodge these features is definitely a penalise-able offence for gross abuse of track limits.

There will sometimes be locations that need to be addressed on a case by case basis. Typically these include areas usually around pit entry/exit lanes where still on the tarmac there may solid colour track features, solid white lines, or broken white lines, but without judders to upset the car as a deterrent. Generally speaking solid white lines define track limits as above, and broken lines or other features will be addressed on a case by case basis in your season thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The bottom line is that we ask all drivers to follow the rules, and also be mindful of racing incidents that may blur the track limits in isolation. As a community, we/i want everyone to have hard, clean and incident free racing (can dream!). If something happens in the race, save the replay and let us look at it to determine if a penalty is warranted.
  16. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Sheesh Looks as if I made a lot of work for you out of one question , but hell is that a well answered question . :)
    Thanks you sir Stu .
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Side note, what' everyone going to call their sheep station??? Haha
  18. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Mine is called sheep Dung

Please answer this question !
    How the :):):):) do I turn on the thingy to show my pit , I cant seem to find the little bugger in the game menus .... Missing my pit way to many times at the moment ...........I get confused are my guys green , blue , pink , ahhhhh ffs drive over the mother forkers and now they are red !
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Ok. But you have to get on party chat with me. No ifs buts or coconts
  20. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    hehe ok done !
    I don't mean to be unsociable its just I cant hear my engine revs when I'm in chat as the chat is soooo loud I cant hear :):):):) from the car ...... I will rectify the problem in time , I do enjoy a good laugh with you guys.

I actually miss the social side of things , oh talking about that I do apologise for venting my frustration over the mic a couple of weeks ago ......... I try not to do it but that day just got the better of me .....

I don't mind apologising when I'm wrong , but jesus I'm wrong a lot :)
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    stucar17 and Spidey_11 like this.