Wreckfest [Completed] Wreckfest

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Hatfield, May 27, 2021.

1. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    ps5 (also have ps4, but yea nah)
  2. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Would love to give it a go/try. Just can't do Tuesday nights.

I have ps5 and ps5 version but also ps4 version of the game.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    how would Thursdays suit everyone?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If we are going to do this, I would like to post on the rooz facebook page to try and fill the grids with the aim of running 2 rooms, PS4 & PS5.

We could run a championship, but rather than just points for finishing positions, points for damage caused too or something like that. Obviously dependant on what the final results screen shows (I cannot recall).

There are a bunch of L (Loaner) cars that we can choose from and the room allows the car restriction of same as host so we can ensure everyone is on equal footing car wise (as the loaner cars cannot be modified). The problem with restricting to a car class is that someone with more playtime can upgrade a car heavily and then peg it back into the restricted class by adding armour etc as the class system is dependant on how fast the car can go.

I'll endeavour to run a PS5 room on Thursday and we can test out specifics like the end result screen etc.

Anyone keen to host a PS4 room?
    boneslightning likes this.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'll let you know tomorrow in regards to hosting a room Thursday night - Depends on if I have work early on Friday morning. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I was also thinking about the L cars, as that way we are all definitely on the same page.
    boneslightning likes this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I am still 50/50 about tomorrow as I planned on potentially doing some testing for a new series I'm doing... so I may, or may not be available - so is anyone else able to potentially run the PS4 room?

@Hatfield is there a format that we're looking at running? such as which track, car, type of race (banger, destruction derby, last man standing?)
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    test anything and everything
    although I would probably try not to use modes where people can be eliminated and have to wait for the match/race to end
    eg instead of destruction derby where once you wreck you are out, use the mode that allows you to respawn

We can also all sit in the 1 party and try to have the same events/settings in both rooms
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yep, so the 'Last Man Standing' is the one where you get knocked out - Destruction Derby I think is the one where you respawn if you get wrecked.

Other options are racing - Banger racing - and then also the tracks etc... There is an easy to follow list online for the host to have a look through for various tracks etc.
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Maybe, i'll see closer to start time.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    link?
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    so tomorrow night you are running a ps5 test room @Hatfield ? if so i'll be there. haven't ventured online with it yet
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes I will be
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok so for tonight I will follow the below runsheet:

Race 1
    Bonebreaker Valley
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: Class C (I am unsure what the Loaner car is for this class)

Demo Derby 1
    Madman Stadium
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: School Bus
    [​IMG]

Race 2
    Death Loop
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: Limo
    [​IMG]

Demo Derby 2
    The Maw
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: Class B (I am unsure what the Loaner car is for this class)

Race 3
    Hellride
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: Big Rig
    [​IMG]

Demo Derby 3
    Thunderbowl
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: Double Decker
    [​IMG]

Race 4
    Wrecknado
    [​IMG]
    Loaner Car: Class A (I am unsure what the Loaner car is for this class)

Damage will be on the lowest setting as when we tested with higher damage it results in too easily wrecking while the lowest setting allows big crashes and you can still drive afterwards (although if you are hell bent on wrecking it is still possible)

Demo Derbies will be 5mins with respawn enabled for when you wreck
    (WE NEED AN HONESTY SYSTEM ON USING THE RESET FEATURE - if you get stuck and cannot drive should be the only reason to use the reset button as it could be used to 'cheat' ie if you have stopped moving, and someone is heading towards you for a massive shunt, you could reset to ghost out of the way which is unsportsmanlike in this situation. Your only reason to use this is if your car has flipped or is stuck between a wall and previously wrecked car etc)

Races will be 3 laps each

The host can select the car as 'same as host' and select the loaner car. It is still possible to select the same car that you actually own and then upgrade it etc, but this will not be allowed. The driver list in the lobby shows if you are using the Loaner version, designated by a (L) after the car name.

Let's make it interesting and look at ways on the night we can score these things apart from finishing order (this is dependant on what data the results screen shows)

Anything I have missed?
  16. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hey Hat, I wont be able to make tonight - I have some testing on GT Sports which I need to run for something coming up (hush hush).

Also on a note - the reset option is a bit hard to use in multiplayer. You have to hold it down for I think 5 seconds, of which you're unable to move the car - so if you go down the option of resetting, you're going to be a sitting duck. Should be able to make next weeks if there is one. I'm gutted as this looks like an awesome night. If my testing falls through, I may jump on over :)
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We used it when we tested last Friday and it seems pretty instant
  18. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hmm... ok - maybe it's a setting that can be adjusted. I know in the multiplayer not a private lobby it takes a while to reset.
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah won't be on tonight boys.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm looking to open the PS5 room at 8:30