GT6 [Completed] Throwback Series - The Rejects

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Sep 22, 2015.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah I'll pop in tonight will be on my controller sadly
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    BTW ... I dont have a mic fitted yet.but I should be able to hear OK
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That was terrific fun guys, very enjoyable and hard racing.

I especially enjoyed the battle with emmo, clean and old school racing, I tried being too fancy by attempting a Montoya at the Dunlop hairpin and was squeezed onto the sand, as emmo had every right to do. I had to fight back and I nailed some clean laps to eventually catch and pass to take the win.

Trial Mountain was awesome, I felt on top of the world with this car and track combo, the car is so rewarding when you give it a bootful. Scything my way through it took a few laps to latch onto Connor and we had a good battle, I had to get very creative to get past.

Eventually I let the gas off and started driving in cockpit cam, regretting it immediately when I half spun then clouted the inside wall at turn 5. Luckily I was able to bring it home stress free.

Big congrats to @Ninja2 for joining tonight, I really hope you enjoyed the racing tonight and you'll be here for years to come. :)
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry about that @N64TheStig007 , I didn't know you were right beside me and didn't realise anything had happened until I noticed you weren't in my Mirror at the next bend.
  6. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    my first ever "virtual" race and it was such a blast ... at least for the lap or two I managed to hold it together. I did try to keep out of everyone's way, not sure if I succeeded! I've got a million questions but will try to focus on the important ones:
    On Trial Mountain after the glitched start why did we all have to go out and park on the track before restart?
    For typing chat messages are you using keyboards attached to PS3? (it takes forever using controller)
    What is best microphone to get? I saw a Sony bluetooth mic on Utube ... are they good for the job?
    BMW was v. fast at GP/F but suffering several random spins at TM, perhaps this was because damage was active in the room? Is damage always active?
    Who was the mystery player ID337xxxxx ? (who firmly / politely head butted me into exiting after the glitch )
    But the biggest questions for me are on performance/technique:
    Based on discussion before race I gather tuning is allowed. I hadn't done any and felt my car was clearly slower at times (not me, obviously !). No doubt a huge topic but hoping for a few basic pointers. e.g. what's the consensus on TCS - do drivers who use less, or none, tend to be faster? I assume you all use manual gear changes, do you use the clutch pedal or is there a manual sequential mode?
    Lastly ... I went to change the oil in service pits but my oil was in good condition. Made sense as I'd just purchased the car(s) and being a scrooge I didn't change the oil. Was that a mistake? (my power "seemed" OK on the straights)
    Meanwhile looking forward to next event big time. Motegi on Tuesday I believe ...
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Nah, mate by racing rules you had every right to do that, it was your corner exit and I didn't even have my car ahead :)
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @Ninja2
    To answer some of your Q's:

1. The start was set to reverse grid based on previous race results. But it was glitched as I started in 6th ahead of guys like Seth and randm I believe. Then before the end of lap 1 @Fastboysmith joined so it was courteous enough to restart. However since there was no result, it had to be changed to "fastest first", and in that instance, we line up based on the results of the Nürburgring race. So, I lined up last as I won. Standard ROOZ fare.

2. As I have no charge cable for the PS3 I'm stuck using the G27 to type... Argh. But most of us use the controller.

3. I'd recommend the headsets from Turtle Beach, they've been a supporter of ROOZ for over 2 years now and make high quality headsets across all platforms. I have the PX5, however my sister broke the bluetooth volume button which means it is stuck at maximum volume, deafening!
    That said, the bluetooth mic should do the job just fine.

4. BMW must have preferred the Ferrari, and while damage was on, it was set to light, meaning the car fixes itself after a few seconds.

5. l337 is @B-Spec Bob.

6. Tuning was prohibited lat night. However it is a general rule of thumb to reset everything to default so the game
    lets you in. You are allowed to adjust brake bias.

7.TCS generally is slower, as most drivers find it faster to let the car slide a little rather than restrict power. There is not much point to using TCS on a FF car, but if feel comfortable, use it.

8. Yeah, we all use manual, though it took a long time to get emmo to convert! Using the clutch is much slower, but yes sequential gearing is used. It makes you faster as well as you have total control over your revs.

9. Oil change gives your car a 5% boost over its stock power. However after 200km the boost wears off and by 300km it will be lower than the stock power. ROOZ events rarely run longer than 200km so not doing an oil change is costing you time. Completely unrealistic but it's a game mechanic lol.
  9. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

So what a cluster f^%*k for me last night and in race 1 it was my own doing. Had good short battle with Jonno before relinquishing the lead with 6 mins to go...only to then have brake lock up take me wide causing me to drop 2 spots and another moment dropping me to 5th...but race 2 was a case of forget drink driving be more worried about others who drive and lag.. Not sure if I am paranoid about my luck in ROOZ. events but out of the 3 cars involved (Benny, Emmo and me) I was the one who emerged from Benny's massive lag moment at the end of the tunnel straight with 3 wheels and engine damaged - and it seemed I was the. Furthest from Benny when his lag moment happened. As I then got rolling, unfortunately Ninja also then unintentionally tagged me me causing me to spin (doesn't take much with 3 damaged wheels)... So basically race over in terms of a result at that point. Real shame as I liked the car and I think I had reasonable pace. I actually started making ground on my deficit to Jonno (lead car) but pulling 10ths on a 54 sec deficit is like eating a whale with a teaspoon. Good round though Bryan re cars and tracks..
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @BMWF30328 I was on hand to see most of your grief last night, I was thinking you had been taking lessons from me, I usually have the sort of night you had but my first race went really well, race two had a couple of spins and a little damage from the lag incident (one wheel) but I finished pretty much where I deserved. I hope you have better luck tonight.
  12. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    How do I get hold of a BMW M3 GT2 for Sunday's run, I went to the dealerships but it's not listed?
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  14. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    got one, tks
    and I'm guessing i have to get on podium in the RB X2014 to get an X2014?
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe...have you tried to see if you can buy it from the dealership? it might be under 'gran turismo' as a manufacturer
    Ninja2 likes this.
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Just get overall third or better in the Junior championship. It's good practice too. :thumbsup:
    Ninja2 likes this.
  17. Ninja2

Ninja2 Rookie

PSN ID
    blackNINJA968
    I purchased x2014 ok, but will try the RB championship again anyway. ( i surely need lots of practise, judging by my first RB attempt)
    BTW where can i find details for "room settings per Sunday League"?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  18. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Here's the starting grid for Round 7 (BMW M3 GT2 at Spa) tonight:
    1. Ninja
    2. Fastboy
    3. Muss
    4. Seth
    5. Randm
    6. Hayfield
    7. TB
    8. FILO
    9. Emmo
    10. Arakasi
    11. Benny
    12. WTF
    13. BMW
    14. Bryan
    15. Bob
    16. N64
    + any newcomers will start at the front.

Hope to see you all at the final rounds tonight! :)
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    t_b_williams and JonoStan96 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Good racing tonight guys, would have liked to have wrapped up the title with another win but Connor and Hayden were monstrous tonight, well done to you both.

I must point out that this recent trend I'm noticing of cutting people off in the braking zone is getting really tiresome, and in a real race would see you be black flagged or in the barrier, as your luck will run out eventually.

The battle between myself and TB was the highlight of the night, I just didn't have it in me to sneak past. First class racing of the highest order.

Overall this was a very fun and an excellent run series. Well done Bryan on this beauty.
    Viperzed and REVO_Bryan like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46