[Completed] - RACEONOZ Grand Prix de Monaco - Winner: Seth123

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Agreed. There definitely are places on the track to pull over. Just the start of sector 2 is the place where you may be forced to wait till the tunnel. Sure all will be sorted by the boss man.

Probably should get some laps in before the race to. Ive done maybe 4 so far.
    Zachery likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    lolol ive killed myself on a wall more than the total laps youve done for this week, thats a slight worry for me!
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Sooo. I should start to worry about finishing to then right. I know what im doing tonight then.
    Zachery likes this.
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah, if you finish youll be getting points this round no doubt. im gonna have to be careful, because it looks like @The_Spectre has already ordered all the RBR wings, so i might miss out if i dont settle down through some sections.
    The_Spectre and Knuckles like this.
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I wonder if you can actually run out. Someone is bound to find out tomorrow.
    Zachery likes this.
  6. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    On the 'Suspension' screen in the setup menu (see 1:32 in my video) the top two settings (Front and Rear Suspension) are the spring rates - try soften them to about 6 Front and 5 Rear, and maybe drop the Front toe (in the 'Suspension Geometry' screen) back to the default 0.10.
    Hatfield and Zachery like this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah we will put the realism to the test tomorrow night!
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Drivers Briefing: Monaco Grand Prix

[​IMG]

Alright guys, welcome to what will be the toughest race of the year by some margin. The narrow streets and magnetic walls will guarantee victims, and ultimately the chances of a safety car is almost 100%. So, even if you've had a disaster, keep going until lap 78, a safety car will bring you back in the game.

The first corner on the first lap will be the most dangerous area of the whole race, so please do not try to make it three wide or throw and stupid divebombs trying to win the race on lap 1. As the age old saying goes, you can't win the race at the corner, but you can certainly lose it. The last thing we want is to see multiple cars wiped out before we've driven 100m.

You may have noticed the track map looks a bit different. Due to the nature of the circuit, I've added Blue Flag Zones (BFZ's) to the map. Blue flags will be much more stringent here, if you are to receive one, you must pull off the racing line and back off in the next available zone. Failure to adhere to blue flags will result in penalty points. Only in the case where you are much faster (which is unlikely if you're receiving the flags in the first place) will there be any kind of exemption to this rule.

I highly recommend the use of Pit Assist here, due to the extremely tight entry and very difficult exit. You are allowed to pause and let the AI take over should you feel the need to when exiting the pits. Keep in mind when you do pause, it takes a few seconds to ghost your car. There will be further mentions of pit lane rules for Montreal but that will be dealt with later.

Overall, I hope you enjoy the race, have fun, and what better round to kick off the series as an Official RaceOnOz League than 78 laps of Monaco?

Cheers, Jono
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

On another note. First real go round the track this arvo. How awesomely incredible is the swimming pool section. Seriously, what fun.
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    It might be dangerous, but its a ripper of a track!
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Did some TT and a half distance this arvo. Best TT time was a 1:17.1, and best race pace time was a 19.3. Not sure how these represent to others times, but i feel like I'm losing most of my time through tabac as I'm just not confident enough with the car there and feel like I'll lose my wing. Any suggestions?
  12. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Yeah it is awesome. Ive been to and walked around it. The walls seemed alot further away. Lol
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Well, you're 5 seconds off :eek:

Hit stop pedal later and punch fast pedal earlier,

Class over lmao:thumbsup:
    Zachery likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Monaco qually almost guaranteed to be wet. Ran several quick races tonight and all have had wet qually and dry race
  16. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    If so i'm stoked to make it that far into the opening lap without crashing up to that point!

Edit: Remember tomorrow's race is scheduled to go for longer than 1 hour, so your recordings will cut out halfway. Best way to record tomorrow would be to hit double tap at the start of the race, this will automatically save the first hour, and when the race finishes hold the share button and hit square to save the laps that happened after the first hour was up.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Let's hope it's mainly dry the entire race so it doesn't get near 2 hours
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    In the dry it sould be around 80-90 minutes to complete the race
    In the wet it should only be about 5 minutes before every one of us has burried our cars in the wall
    The_Spectre and Knuckles like this.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    we could run forced dry conditions if running in the wet is such a concern?
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If it's wet, then tough, put the wets on and start swimming!