ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Awesome :)
    Will try and make it on with you guys if i don't fall asleep whilst the mod downloads :p
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Get yourself in Discord Voip as well. Be much easier to point you in the direction of other essential content and you don't want to miss the banter. :poop::roflmao:
  3. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

just tried to get into the game and practice, but i have no access, my son is using his steam account, and i only have shared access to the game from my steam account. Will have to work out how i can move ownership of the game from his account to mine, as i never had an account when i brought it on his. dam it. will get a heap of prac in over the weekend
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

quite impressed with recent update
    now I get the beep and icon when I try to downshift too early
    also there seems to be an inbuilt pitconfig now and u can change tire pressures... neat!
    Also flags etc for jumping start are cool as well. :)
    Spidey_11 and Peter Wise like this.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Would have to ask Anon and Cherno how those new flags look like :D
  6. David Brister

Well after 2 days of some solid practice at bathurst, those walls are unforgiving, across the top there is pretty much a single race line, out side of that is going to end in tragedy, same with coming over skyline and going down to forest elbow, its a 1 race line section. I been spun a couple of times this season, by people who can get on the gas quicker, have a cleaner line through the corners, and then not had the courtesy of having the place readdressed, most likely due to my over all speed. All i ask for this race is that u wait just that few seconds over the top, were on the same lap racing for position, its going to be a long race otherwise next time u come past me, your in the wall on purpose!!

I hope that some of the faster drivers dont give up after a big accident and rage disconnect as they say there night is over, go fix the damage and keep racing, its what happens in real life, i think quite a few will need to fix damage so the overall race wont be won by yourself, but it can certainly make others places in the race more interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/david.bris...4.515140787/10158450835640788/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/david.bris...4.515140787/10158450837200788/?type=3&theater
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Spidey_11 and Anon666 like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Also with likely different fuel loads and ballast some cars will simply be slower in sections then others, those behind will need some patience and even if lapping cars over the top you may need to wait unless given a clear chance as making the car being lapped panic, or giving them a nudge can just cause a bigger accident. Keep an eye on yellow flags and prepare to slow if you see them, if a car is blocking the track then either you will need to stop or make it a bigger pile up.

Lap 1 will need some patience by everyone especially, if someone is slower but ahead and racing for position then you will need to find a clean way past. Getting pushed into a wall from behind is really not much fun, its hard enough to keep off them on your own over 40 laps.
    David Brister and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. David Brister

9. David Brister

You said that much nicer than i did, thanks!!
  10. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Go practice against AI, set it to 20 cars and start at the back. They are soooooo slow on the mountain section, its frustrating as hell! That will give you patience when going battling on the mountain

Don't know why the AI at 100% run like 2:16-18's, very slow.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    100% seems to be glitchy. Try pulling it back to 99% and sometimes they are faster.
  12. David Brister

I expect that sort of lap time for myself, lol
  13. Mael

Mael Professional

Take the average lap-time of the aliens of around 2:08. Divided the lap-time by 40 laps to give 3.2 seconds per lap. This means us humans need to maintain an average lap-time of around 2:11.2 to avoid being lapped!

That's going to be real tricky :confused:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    don't forget most of the top laps are without race fuel well assuming/hoping :roflmao: and usually the in race top times drop down a second or more to leave more room for error :thumbsup:
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think running consistent times and keeping it clean will be the key but not getting caught up in someone else's accident will be more luck then skill at any point in the race. Im going to be a bit off pace here so wont be qualifying too high up and so more likely to get caught up in early incidents. The guys up front may end up pushing each other to the point of errors too so end results are going to be harder to pick then a broken nose. I would be surprised if the top 10 qualifiers are anything like the final top 10 after the 40 laps.

With no track limits in qualy then someone could make an error at Skyline and gain 2 seconds, so qualy times may be considerably lower then practice server times. ;)

I did add a 90 minute practice session to the server if anyone wants to run some longer runs.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

I think in the past in Quali when I've run wide it says lap invalid will not count but don't think you get a penalty. Would have to check with QC about how its setup but i though cut laps didn't count in Quali. Shouldn't be too hard to tell if someone cuts as you said they would be a few seconds quicker than normal so someone would likely notice.
  17. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hey all! Just a quick hi to say good luck to all tonight!!
    40laps will be a mission!!
    Spidey_11, Pete and krunch like this.
  18. AlphaCharlie77

AlphaCharlie77 New Recruit

Can't make tonight
    Hope everyone has a great run, looking forward to the post race stories and highlight videos.
    Go gamesmen!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There is a new server setting that came in I think a couple updates ago, you can set penalties on but disable throttle cut. That allows the tyre limits to work in practice and qualy but turns off the time penalties in race. I dont know if QC is running that but I dont remember ever getting a disallowed qualy lap at Imola which is rare at that place. :D
  20. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Sorry guys, i'll have to bail on Tonight. Woke up early sick as a dog this morning and even though i feel fine now, the lack of sleep i got is playing its part.
    Depending on how a few things go, i might see you next season :thumbsup:
    Good luck tonight guys.
    Spidey_11 likes this.