A Mountain Pass

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SEIDO463, Sep 26, 2011.

1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

tee hee :/ I literally read too literally sometimes...
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Outta, you just don't speak Koastr mate, haha, whole other language.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Speaking of this, here's the car that carried me all that way - 1990 EA Falcon. CFI 3.9l 6cyl.
    Cost a measly $1500 as is with lowered suspension (although that was only $700 less than my most expensive car at that stage) :p
    I sold it with no plates for $400 as it was too expensive to remote or re-register in WA.

[​IMG]
    The 5-speeds were 1/1000 out of the factory apparently and much better performance than the autos. Got her over 200 on the Nullabor.
    How's my custom drink holder? Bit of superglue and velcro it's a winner! ;)
    [​IMG]
    I set the focus here to capture the reflection not the Ford badge itself. Thought it was kina coo' :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It got stolen in Townsville from the ferry carpark while we were on Magnetic Island for 5 days.
    The carpark has no fence, and you HAD to display a parking ticket for everyday you were gone. Hello, steal me!
    So I deliberately ran her almost dry, and she cough'd as we swerved into the carpark... fortunately the cops found it (out of gas) just a few blocks away after one anxious night in the bed bugs infested Townsville backpackers. Which was a long hard walk from the ferry terminal with all our gear! :(

Despite what people say about EA's, she was extremely reliable. I could leave it for months and start it first time. -10C in Smiggens Holes near Mt. Perisher starts first time too (with some warm water on the hoses first! Anti-freeze didn't quite stop it going slushy).
    All I had to do with it after all those k's was replace the power steering switch, which blew on the last day of crossing the Nullabor, and a new CPU with a couple of spark leads a few months later. The power steering switch was funny, coming into Perth I didn't want to sit at lights long as she was smoking away with the power steering fluid all over the exhaust! Once we got going again it wasn't noticable.
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Awesome I had a '92 EB Series 2 that I bought off my olds, it had the nicer 4.0l and 4spd auto. I have never actually seen a 5spd, very rare. The EA had the shocking 3spd auto, was a POS.

I think I put about 100,000k's on that car, before I sold it to my brother who sold it to his mother in law, and then it got stolen. Most annoying was that it wasn't long after my brother had replaced the head gasket and the car had just been converted to gas :( Got it back sans transmission, now its waiting for the junkyard.