GT5 450 Oldskool Classic Cup - Japan vs Europe vs America

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Trustfire, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

oooh some trash talking, i like it! :lol:

I''m going to have to find some pace, and fast. The 117 and Celica aren't quite cutting the mustard atm, need to play with my settings a bit i think. The '76 Golf may make a late appearance, I can thrash the arse out of that thing and it stays straight ;) funny little bug amongst these monsters. Check out this review of the Stratos from Clarkson, one of my favourites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHklv6Pi1k&feature=related

Ferrari V6, Short wheel base, 980kg = serious winning :eek:
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

3. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Check the dash on the Lancia Delta.... :eek:

[​IMG]
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

yeah, pretty out there lol
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe epic stuff.
  6. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Sorry guys. I was looking forward to racing, but the family has decided to head to brisbane. So i cant make it. The Skyline is now free for others to use if they want to.
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Fire up your old beasts and get em out on the track! It's race day!
  8. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

ohhh man I am taking ur car..... niiiceeee

Track open in 5 mins ;)
  9. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Can't wait to fire up the Shelby in a few minutes.

Trusty, you'll need to add me as a friend, I've already sent a friend request (hopefully to the right person).
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Accept my friend invite Trusty.
  11. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Very sorry everyone for holding up the race start.

My Coupe 9 Honda hit some very rare engine trouble at the end of qualy and I couldn't get her going again.
    Very disappointed...I was really enjoying this meet up.
    But on plus note, when I was out dropping off my wife just now I saw what looked identical to the Skyline in the pic that trusty is using in the first post... so that was cool.

I was thinking also, if there is another round, we should have another photo shoot! say at De La Sarthe at sunset ... all the headlights on... would look real cool.

Hope you all had a good race! my Coupe is angry to go for next time!

Thanks Trusty.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Awesome Event! Thanks Trusty for puting it together. It would have been nice to see more people turn up, but oh well, we still had fun with 7 or 8 people. It turns out my Stratos is a bit too fast up against those other old boats, which I didn't think was possible after my very first attempts at driving it. After some tuning I made it drivable and I was puting in some pretty quick laps, as long as I was 100% focused. If I had a slight lapse I was a gonner lol.

Race 1 and 3 I was kinda trying to have a bit of fun with the tail end of the car and my 2 3rd place finishes showed that. But in race 2 i was just trying to be consistant and focus on my lines. My 23 second lead by the end shows how strong the car CAN be if handled smoothly and with full concentration. I think my slowest lap was a 1:29 flat in that race. Most of that speed can be put down to the suspension and wieght distribution tuning I did though. As a stock car with engine mods only it is probably the hardest car in the game to drive. It WILL NOT turn into a corner and stay pointing the right direction, and having no abs made it 10 times worse lol.

I hope we can do this again sometime guys, great fun.
  13. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

hey guys, yeh spewing bout ur connection Seido, I will definitely do another series soon. The PP system showed it's flaws today but still it was lots of fun driving those cars and the small battles throughout the races, the Ferrari definitely had pace in the last one, but yeh tires were minced by lap 5 and i just had to coast to the finish line trying not to spin under brakes. Some seriously amazing photos to come out of the race, I will upload then as soon as I can, my ps3 isn't reading my flash drive for some reason :/

Thanks to all those who turned up, 8 out of 15 was ok i thought, but yeh a bigger pack would have been better both for the race and the photos.

Pics to come!

T
  14. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I should have stuck around. I left when people started showing up so I wouldn't interfere. I was gonna ask you if I could run the Skyline in Dougz absence but saw you in it. Maybe next time.
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    haha yea man... I thought, hey where's he going?
  16. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

spewing miki yeh should have stayed, was wonderin where u went :/
  17. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    What about me!!!!!!!! lol I hardly ever get kicked off and I've never had the problem of not being able to get back in...bollox that was.....trusty, now you have to host another Classic Cup event lol
  18. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

I know ay, of all the hours we play it decides to stop working the minute we want to race, unbelievable man, polyfail digital. lol yeh i will be doing another one for sure ;)
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great racing guys. Thanks Trusty for putting this together.
    A pleasure racing newcomer the-stig13 in that sweet looking Shelby Mustang.. good stuff.
  20. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Thanks guys, that was some awesome racing. Had a few great battle with KoAStR over the three races, shame the tyres went off on the Interceptor in the second race. Shame the cars weren't as evenly matched as we'd hoped, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.