GT5 2.09 UPDATED

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by aussie_man21, Nov 7, 2012.

1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Ok here is my report on the tyre model i said i would put up.
    Firstly Thanks to the guys who helped test lastnight.
    Anon, Cyber, Stu, Zampli, E, Stumbles, Green Dog, CobMcCool. ;)

As Zampli has so kindly to put up the outlines of the 2.09 GT5 update. Thanks mate ;) it makes life a be easier.
    I will explain each part of the update that affects us here on ROOZ 1 by 1, bare with me as can be abit tricky to wrap your around some of it.

The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; None, Normal, Fast, and Very Fast.

Right'O as you can see there is now 4 setting for FUEL BURN & TYRE WEAR, will roughly outline each.

NOTE : ALL the FUEL BURN & TYRE WEAR (Racing Softs) are from testing at the Laguna Seca which is about 3.6 kms long.

None
    This setting is pretty self explainatory.

[*]FUEL BURN = NIL[/*]
    [*]TYRE WEAR = NIL[/*]

Normal
    This setting has the lowest FUEL BURN with longest TYRE WEAR.

[*]FUEL BURN = 2 litres a lap[/*]
    [*]TYRE WEAR = 25 + laps[/*]

Fast NOTE this is the setting we will use in the Sunday League Race...
    This setting has a medium FUEL BURN with a medium TYRE WEAR.

[*]FUEL BURN = 4 litres a lap[/*]
    [*]TYRE WEAR = 12 to 15 laps[/*]

Very Fast
    This setting has the highest FUEL BURN and shortest TYRE WEAR

[*]FUEL BURN = 8 litres a lap[/*]
    [*]TYRE WEAR = 10 laps[/*]

NOTE : FUEL BURN can be lowered by short shifting and taking it easy..
    TYRE WEAR this depending on how YOU trent your tyres.

The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.

This i'm not too sure how this affects our ROOZ racing. But we all know GT5!!! :/
    So i go to have guess that this CHANGE will affect different cars in different ways, depending on weight, aero, PERSONAL set-ups, drive train and so on.
    But as i said this just my opinion.

(personal note to the guys that helped with testing : ^^^ this change could have something to do with why only 1 set of tyres got up to heat)

Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

This change i have not tested as to whether the characteristics feel different offline. (but who here plays offline :/ i don't, But none the less i will test it out later)

Arrr Finally the end!!! if you have any problems or questions you all know what to do.

PM me or jump in my lounge on GT5 when i'm on.
    usaul GT5 business : 4pm til after midnight.

If i'm not there leave a message with the lady at the desk (PSN message)

if i don't reply within 24hrs

Ring : 1800 GO AWAY
    or
    Email : useurFckinbrain@asrenet.com.blah
    :lol: :lol: :p hope you found this info helpful :D
    Cheers Aus
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job Aussie.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just to add to Aussie's post, the tyre burn laps in the post above a relate to the soft tyre, as that is what we tested. Obviously, the hard tyre will last more laps.

During our test, the tyres didn't seem to warm up as much as they did before the last update, try and get out and do a few laps before Sundays race just so you know how the tyres act for you.

Thanks to all that joined the test last night, greatly appreciated by the team here.
  4. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Cheers guys.

@Stumbles,, OOOOPS!!! forgot to mention that. will edit post.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good option. About time it was included, and hopefully it will put an end to PD's indesicion and the issues caused by the flip flopping tyre model lately!

So would you say 'fast' is about what it used to be originally, before the more recent tyre model changes?
    Would you say that 'normal' is realistic?

Interested in the offline vs online change. Previously cars had alot more oversteer and generally less overall grip (and feel IMO) when online, so tuning had to be much less aggressive.
    Will be interesting to see which way they've equalised this - online converted towards offline physics, vice versa, or somewhere in between.
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    The so called Normal setting is far fetched IMO. (tyre life to loooooong)

The Fast setting goes through the tyres abit quickier. (may 20-25% faster)

The Very Fast setting goes through tyres like there is no tomorrow.

After the new update, i'm understeering a bit more when i push hard. other then that it pretty good and fun.

i'm going to test the online/offline thing this afternoon. (after i pick the rug rats on from school)
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I think the tyre/fuel model should have been titled, slow, normal and fast. To me that would be a more accurate description of the setting.
    From what I've read on GT plannet the online physics have been changed to be more like the offline physics but most people on GTP are saying the online physics were more realistic and the offline physics should have been changed to match the online. A lot of people are saying that it has made the online physics less challenging but from what racing we did last night it seems that the bumps, rumble strips and grass has a more dramatic effect on the handling of the car which to me makes the physics more challenging than before.
  8. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Might have to get on tonight and check this out.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If you're understeering a bit more it sounds like online has been modified to match offline then...

Yep definitely agree with Cyber. Offline was always 'less challenging' IMO. Whether that equals more/less realistic I'm not sure. I sorta felt that although more realistic sims are usually more challenging, that the increased difficulty of GT5 online play came from some 'dumbing down' of the physics, and hence feel. So more challenging is not necessarily more realistic in this case...

If this is the case, one might hope there is greater scope for further improvement by shifting to the offline physics model, and any issues can be tweaked out with community feedback... clearly PD is not adverse to patching!

Interesting. I could be way off base of course! :p Cheers fellas.
  10. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    @Koastr
    Honestly mate your not to far off, hope this answer some Q's for ya.

Ok fellas

Just a bit more to add to punch bowl, i did some testing yesterday avro.

Tested : Online VS Offline NOTE : Offline fuel & tyre usuage can ONLY be set to NORMAL...
    Laps : 32 Laps (each On & Offline)

Now i ran the racing softs and pitted half way through both races. (end of lap 15)

Overall race time between online and offline were only 10-11 secs apart.. (had spin in online race)

So in saying all that, onto how it feels...

To be honest it felt the same both online and offline.

whether it's just me, but the offline did feel abit slippery. got to mid corner and would get floaty. (but i did just do a 32 lapper online & i'm sick as a dog :mad: )

Totally agree!!
    Now its very interesting that you have said this Cyber, because when i was testing the other and yesterday i come across something.
    The thing i found was the racing line is a lot more enhanced, which would make sense and go hand in hand with what you have posted.

Anyways after the 64 laps of testing and my head felt like a stick TNT went off in it.
    I went and tested this out by driving around Laguna Seca with no ABS. Done another 20 odd laps to get into swing of it.
    Got my lap time with 2 tenths on an average of my PB Lap. Which is not bad as i have never raced that hard before without using ABS.

Anyway, The way i tested this was to brake hard without ABS to the point of lock up in the middle of the racing line. That was all good.
    Brake either side so you only have 1 wheel on the racing line and you have lock up on the wheel thats off the racing line.

And i remember i once try tried to run ABS Off about 3 months ago and if you locked up under brakes it would lock BOTH wheels.
    Has PD stumbled onto something ???
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Your extra grip on the racing line observation wouldn't surprise me Aussie. PD certainly had already programmed in the inverse effect for wet races so it would have been easy for them to implement to dry, or simply boost the effect if it was already there (say in offline and we just never noticed)
  12. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah True
    i like the new feel, it keep you on your toes and second guess everything.