Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    so who won?
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  2. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I won the first and Emmo got the 2nd
  3. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Evil won the second race
  4. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry if there were any problems with me, mine has been lagging for the last few days with that and before there had been no problems whatsoever and I have done the port forwarding. I just think it has to do with having a :):):):)ty connection...
    SPL Racing likes this.
  5. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Oh yeah, that's right:thumbsup:
  6. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    well done lads. spewing i missed the race sounds like it was close and tight tonight
    Molch likes this.
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah not sure what happened to me, I came out of the tunnel on the outside of AO, he was nowhere near me and next thing I'm facing the wall and went back to last. Great win AO, you have been fast all week and deserve the win. Second race was all my doing, spun it around early and found myself playing catch up again. Good race Evil and all podiums.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    and Emmo SHOULDA got the 2nd, I had it in my hands and I dropped it.:oops::(
  9. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Lol
    Lol, I probably looked up with a lap to go!
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No, I spun at about lap 8 or 9 while holding a good lead. :eek:
  11. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    My night went from bad to absolutely shocking in race 1. While dek was starting the quali my ps3/game decided to lock up.

By the time I reset, cleared cache and got back in I missed qualifying so started in last which I think was 9th or 10th. Knowing how hard it was to pass I knew it would be a tough fight to get points from there. Then lap 3 while in 7thI got put off the track into the wall and spun by kiwi ( in hindsight not his fault, he couldn't see me ) . I saw red and wanted to catch him back up badly. Chased him and finally caught him on lap 10. On the 2nd last corner comming down the hill I came up beside him and had the good line. Yes I was getting my deserved position when all of a sudden bam he comes straight over into me and pushed me off track again.

I then just sat behind him for the last 4 laps, I think I had one chance to pass him but off throttled because I didn't want to get punted again.

Race 2 I started in 4th. 3rd corner and bam kiwi drives straight by me ramming me yet again. ( by this stage I didn't realise he couldn't see me still). Anyway got past him and in the clear with just Emmo i front. I think around lap 7 Emmo came unstuck and had a spin , unlucky mate.

Then I was racing great mid to low 31's almost every lap until last lap. Made about 3 bad mistakes and evil passed me. Damn but I gave that away myself. Onto next week I guess where hopefully I can pull some magic out because practice will be limite.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  12. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks SPL, must have been the extra weeks practice;)
    After a decent start I still had the lead, made a little mistake in the tunnel, SP was beside me then all of a sudden he was gone with my lag punt! ( sorry mate ) after that I just got into rythem and was in the low 1.31 for pretty much most of the race just controlling the gap after that.
    2nd race I got a decent start, but could only see 8???? Made a few spots and then lost it at the 2nd gear corner after the tunnel on lap 2, went to last, only to see Ad and SPL come out behind me a few laps later! I caught up to Kiwi?? And had a great race, diving up the inside at the end of the straight a few times only be overtaken back straight away ( good job! ) and then last lap decided to go somewhere else, had a great run thru the first section, made a move going into the tunnel and I overcooked it under brakes, lost it and came back on track just in front of Ad and he clipped me inside the tunnel after I had got going again. So not so much of a good race but overall I am happy to complete both races.
    SPL Racing and Molch like this.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Just watched my Amigo's dream run from the start of race two you were unstoppable emmo for the first half then just a bit too hot into the final left before the chicane and off she goes. I swear I saw your driver bash the wheel like that skin irritation shaving ad 'AAARRGGHH!!!'

Race 1 went well for me. Qualified 4th just behind my teammate with AO and SPL just ahead. Poor SPL got phasered exiting the first tunnel and disappeared in a shower of sparks and tyre smoke in my mirrors. I latched onto Emmo's rear bumper and we set off after AO. He was setting a cracking pace and was quickly leaving us behind. Further back on the map I could see 5 arrows merging into 1 big arrow then spreading out, then repeating. It worked to our advantage as they slowed themselves down. AO started spiking pretty badly which made it very difficult to stay on our lines, and he was leaving 30-50m skidmarks in his wake as he jolted back and forth. Dbn emerged from the pack behind and looked set to pull away but got sucked back into the fray and then spat out by the lag monster. I started to feel like I could find a way around my team mate, and I was showing my nose on the inside of the corners, not quite enough oomph to get past. Got a good run out of the second tunnel and onto the back straight and stuck my foot in the door at the bottom of the hill before emmo could close it. I quickly realised that the only real advantage I had at that point on emmo was slipstream, and he was all over me. WTF and pykey started to reel us in. Lap 9 emmo got a good run on me up the hill and stuck his Mazda up the inside leading up to the tunnel. We ran side by side into and through the tunnel and then over the crest but I had to really wash off lots of momentum to get around the right hander. Emmo tried the tight line, riding up on the ripples and having a little moment on exit and instantly we had WTF on our tail. I could see that my strategy of slipstreamng and slingshot-ing away from the trailing pack was not going to work, and was also compromising our lap times with our altered lines trying to avoid contact. Emmo fell prey to the upcoming WTF but still had some fight in him, taking advantage of a poor run onto the start straight and moving back up to 3rd. With AO nearly a corner ahead of me, but making brief appearances in my mirrors and just ahead in great clouds of tyre smoke, and a three car battle forming behind with emmo who was defending like a mad man, I put my head down and stopped checking my mirrors. I couldn't pull away, but was holding a small gap that kept them out my draft. On lap 10, my car was half orange for a 1/4 of a second as AO warped into me, demolishing my rear struts and turning the nimble little mx5 into a loaded wheelbarrow with a flat tyre. Emmo was quickly back on my tail but I somehow managed to stay ahead as the damage wore off. I also somehow managed to avoid getting overtaken, finishing in 2nd.
    More to come...
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    What a night of shenanigans.
    After 2 seasons on relatively incident/lag free racing, it sucks jumping in like this.
    Especially when the racing should be bumper to bumper.

Race 1 was my own undoing. Put an outside wheel on the right hander just before the tunnel which spun me around.
    Had a good battle with SPL towards the end of the race.
    Race 2, like Molch, was punted off track towards the end of lap one by K1W1. Was fairly pissed that he didn't redress, but having found out after the fact that he couldn't see half the field... not much you can do about that.
    OTS and Ad2 managed to pass me about midway through and started pulling a gap.
    As they started fighting with each other, that allowed me to pull right up to them with about 2 laps to go.
    Ad2 then over committed and lost out, gifting me a position.
    That was pretty fun reeling them in like that.

Edit: To those I couldn't see on track, I hope I didn't cause any dramas during the race..
  15. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    I dunno about anyone else but iv only noticed/had issues online in general since port forwarding has been used.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    interesting
  17. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    i agree with neemo
    ryan griffiths likes this.
  18. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Let's try fixed host again this coming week.
  19. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I just watched the replay of the second race and I concede that I took out Ad, so I have no problems if it is readressed
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Here's a few tips. Do you have wifi? Everything that is connected to it, disable wifi. T-box or Foxtel/Austar HD? Unplug it. It updates the TV guide and new movies via internet even in standby. Got a PC? Shut it down. Same thing can happen with updates. Ban YouTube while you are racing. No iPads. Is your ps3 a wired connection? For best results it should be. I run a 20metre Ethernet cable for Sundays and other events, wireless for practice. Do you have the standard Telstra/Optus/generic modem/router? Put it in the bin. They are fine for basic use but struggle with online gaming, even if you are on the fastest plan. Static ip and DMZ will also help, as there is no firewall scanning your connection using up bandwidth, and there will be no issues with the router scanning for another random IP address. I have not port forwarded, I decided to try my connection before doing that, and for me it works fine. Basically, if you can be the only user on the router/modem, you should find you will have a good lag free connection.
    AOCleaner74 and emmo46 like this.