Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Div 4 podium:
    1st, Pykey
    2nd, Molch
    3rd, SPL
    DekGT5mad, Molch and SPL Racing like this.
  2. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Great racing by all.
    DekGT5mad and pykeybraa145 like this.
  3. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Great racing guys! Next one is mine haha and battling with kiwi and (accidentally) had traction control on was chewing up my tires really bad :(
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny and pykeybraa145 like this.
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Well done pykey. Started low down and filtered my way backwards on lap 1. Right on peachy's tail lap 2 and got stopped dead with a lag punt. Fell back about 5-6 seconds by the time I got going and my panda went away and just put my head down. Neemo got punted couple laps later and I passed him by, and by lap 11 was back on peachy's tail, cringing every time he spiked. My plan was always to run a long first stint, and peachy pitted giving me clean air for couple of laps. Pitted end lap 12 just as my teammate emmo come out. Rejoined in 11th just ahead of Jim Aka but there was peachy just ahead again too. Rano must have been on a 3 stopper, and as we caught him, he decided to pit. Peachy must have got gotten distracted a little and did not slow enough for the final turn, running wide and spinning. Lots of fresh air till lap 20 when first kiwi then WTF messed up the double left before the back straight. WTF ran wide final turn, bouncing along the grass and moving me up to 7th. Slowly pulled in kiwi inch by inch each lap, and he pitted end lap 23 while I stayed out 1 more lap. Was in my highest race position of 3rd for a whole lap, with molch closing fast on fresh tyres. Exited the pits right on kiwi's rear bumper, with Rano right behind me. Kiwi got a good run out the double left before back straight and held a 1.5-2 sec gap for the next few laps. Pushed as hard as I could but could not gain any ground, I seemed quicker in first 2 sectors but lost it again over the back straight. Disaster struck kiwi lap 29, running wide in those double lefts and gifting me 6th place. A bad run by kiwi onto the start straight gave me a huge buffer behind, and I was catching glimpses of the evil/emmo battle on my map up ahead. That's how I finished, from dead last to 6th. I think my consistency paid off, and a 19.834 FL was a personal best too. Awesome racing by everyone. Well done podium.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    DekGT5mad, Molch, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  5. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Little practice due to my NBN problem and having to use a mates Internet so I could race tonight just didn't help this week. Found good time but the time I was in lap 20 was coming 9th with my two pits complete and plenty of tyres left to then spin on the final turn of lap 28 and was able to keep spinning into a automatic pit stop so 3 stops for me tonight which blew the whole race up. Sorry for my lag problem should be sorted once I get my NBN up and running. Well done pykey well deserved.
    DekGT5mad, Molch, SPL Racing and 3 others like this.
  6. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Well said haha
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I qualified 6th and got a reasonable start to hold position over the first few laps, I eventually caught and passed K1WI and moved to 5th before the first pit stops. I came out of the first stops in 4th with Evil behind and I had him stalking me for the remainder of the race. I was doing PBs and he was still closing, he got right up behind me on the start of the last lap but clobbered the wall after the big left hander and fell a couple of seconds back and allowed me to run to the flag for 4th place. My lap time in the race was my PB and was still only good enough for ninth fastest overall.
    Great pace from the podium guys and I really enjoyed my battles with Evil, KIW1 and a couple of other challengers on the first few laps. Looking forward to next weeks race, I hope I can find some speed to match the lap times of the front runners.
  8. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Pretty intense opening few laps as it was bumper to bumper midpack. I thought there was going to be some carnage as myself, dbn and jim I think it was were approaching the 3rd tunnel 3 wide. Mistakes on the last corner cost me as it allowed WTF to get a good run on me to make a good pass at turn 1 and then ranok3n the following lap. Lap 5 I was lag punted in the tunnel which pretty much ended my race, spent the rest of the race cruising by myself. Congrats to guys on the podium, well deserved
  9. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Great race by all was very tough. Well were to start it was a perfect race and an even better build up. Build up to race 1 i was in Div 6 then Div 5 and here I am Div 4 :D, I found pace very early in the week I was finding low 20's then I found high 19's and then low 19's and I could consistently smash them out. Went out in qualifying confident I could snag pole and I did with a 1.19.3 or 4 I was happy with that. First few laps were actually really scary because the field was still relatively close and I knew Molch behind had some good pace and he was trailing me but I managed to make my first 6 laps all 1.19's trying to build a lead and it worked. The tyres depleted alot during the race the first stint was alright but my second stint was a little worse. The strategy was to have fresher tyres towards the end of the stint so i sacrificed my lead to do an extra 2 laps after molch pitted and it payed off. The last stint, Molch got past me just when i was exitting the pits but I had the assurance that my tyres were 2 laps fresher than Molch's and I got around him next lap round. Pole Position, Fastestlap 1.18.921, I am happy with my performance and now its all about this Sunday now no time to celebrate back to work.
    DekGT5mad, Molch, Peter Wise and 4 others like this.
  10. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    What a great race, i still can't believe i snagged a podium on my first race. All week i was running mid to high 1:20's with a fastest of 1:20.2 and knew i was in trouble. In a practice race with Pykey yesterday afternoon it just clicked and i started running 1:19.3's using less tyres than i was in the 20's. My plan was to hang back and play it safe but when i qualified on the second row of the grid i knew i had to attack and find some space up front. i had a great battle battle with evil moon who passed me in the early laps but i got him back a few laps later. I was managing my tyres really well and caught Molch just before he pitted on lap 10 but i was on a different strategy. I did 2x13 lap runs at good pace (half dozen laps in the 19's with a best of 19.3) leaving only 8 laps on my last set of tyres which had me reeling in the leaders and keeping Emmo a good 15 seconds back for a comfortable 3rd. I had a lot of clean air and ran my own race which paid off. Well done Pykey and Molch that was an amazing drive by you guys and i cant wait for GVE next week. See you all at practice!
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    **RACE STANDINGS**
    race 1 results.jpg
  12. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    What a race with so many on the grid was really exciting to start to season 3. Was glad to quali in 2nd behind Pykey and going into the race I was going to be happy with a 2nd place and would of been over the moon with a first.
    Jumped off the line really well and was closely following Pykey. noticed some lag glitches and throttled off to let the gap out half a second or so. Ive been lag punted in prior seasons and didn't want this to happen from a team mate who had better pace then me anyway.;) While following pykey there was alot of clouds of smoke and skids marks so was glad to make this decision.
    First 7 or so laps i was pretty consistent holding off SPL with the gap between Pykey and I growing out to around 4 seconds. Then SPL slowly by slowly caught on my (outbreaking me everytime into corner 1). I was getting a little worried and was going to try and push out some more laps but remembered to stick to my plan of 10.
    Going into pits was really hoping to not come out amongst a nest of racers and was lucky on my first pit to come out clean with big gaps on either side of me.
    Put in a few hotlaps, passing SPL as he came out of the pits and I think by lap 13 i was back in 2nd place with Pykey again about 3-4 seconds in front.
    Continued to follow like this until lap 22 which was my 2nd planned pit stop. Came out again really cleanly having no cars around that I remember. Then really hit my pace getting mid 19's for consistent laps i think about 4 in a row. This closed the gap on Pykey who came out of the pits around my lap 26/27 just in behind me.
    I ran a good race for 2 or so laps until Pykey went past me around lap 29/30 when my times rose back up into the low 20's. Again i was on his tail but throttled off to give him and I a gap so I didn't get caught in any lag.
    Finishing in second place with a decent gap behind me I was very happy with. Had a really clean race and from memory don't remember having too many laps in the 21's or higher. Great start to my season, and hoping I dont fizzle like last season after a repeat 2nd place start to the season.
  13. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    You put in a huge second stint Molch, i stayed out longer hoping to have fresher tyres at the end to catch you but you were too quick, i kept divebombing at turn 1 but just couldn't quite get to you. With about 5 laps to go i knew i wasn't going to catch you so i just backed off a little and let you and Pykey fight it out for the win.
    pykeybraa145 and Molch like this.
  14. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    I could of gone another lap or two in my second stint as i think i was still running mid 20's with tyres on 7's by the end of my 12 laps and was feeling in the groove :D but I would of run out of petrol if i had done another lap and it wasn't part of my plan. This is the first race I've gone into with a Pit strat and glad I did as I think it helped me make the decisions ahead of time without the pressures of racing. Last season I winged it everytime and know I lost time and positions because of it.
    DekGT5mad and SPL Racing like this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I didn't get to race...we'll I am so disappointed for myself that I had only made it thru half of quali..especially since my times were pretty close to the money.. Meanwhile it had been fine for a few hours before that with no problems whatsoever, maybe I might have to give Dek a pm to run thru it all with me to get it right
    Anyway, just did a whole race stint practice and got down to an 18.5 at GVE, so here's hoping I get thru next weekend with no problem!
    And big congrats to Pykie for the triple ( we should all nominate that he goes to Div3 ASAP):D
    pykeybraa145 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The last minute adding of everyone most likely didn't help but at least it should be all good for next week. Not sure what times I'm doing at GVER yet but in prac I was keeping up with everyone so see how I go. If stu still got room open when I get home I'll chuck some more laps down.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  18. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I had trouble finding the room for a start, from there on it was not the same as earlier. From what I was seeing I had problems joining Deks room where it went on straight away when You had it....
    I was just doin laps with Cyber with only 1 glitch after a few hours.....
  19. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    cheers ao
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  20. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    No I was serious, I definitely think we should vote to get u out of our Div!:D
    pykeybraa145 likes this.