Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Likely me. Very hung over. Lol
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 6: 10/09 - Suzuka Circuit - 22 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning - 8x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out. Turns 8, 9, 16 and 17 will be monitored individually for track limits.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the right relatively quickly after the final corner. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep right until T1 unless safe to merge right. Take care not to impede cars.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Suzuka Circuit

A Formula One classic and a staple of RaceOnOz Sunday League, we once again come to the famous Japanese circuit where many a div can crown their champion should results go their way.

Rain may or may not be forecast so ensure you read the radar and make the right strategy calls to stay on top of your opponents. Suzuka is a narrow and flowing track that punishes front tires heavily, so look after your tires, management may be your best friend.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  3. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    May not make it, but will try. Busy night again sorry
  4. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry I am out tonight guys have a good race.
  5. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 6 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  6. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I almost don't want to reflect on my night.

Lap 3, got knocked off track and wound up in last place.

Made up a couple of positions, only for my wheel to suddenly disconnect as I was going 250km down the back straight, slammed into a wall and ended up in a sand trap.

Back in last place again, I was contemplating calling it after that but perservered only to later have my VR headset decide it needed to recalibrate my surroundings.

After that, I finished the lap I was on and parked it in the pits.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    Matthyus, incey and ADZA_85 like this.
  7. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    A foreseeable and ultimately tricky race.
    Slightly on the back foot from the get go when i drank far too much Saturday night. I can tell you that VR + Hangover equates is not good for business. None the less, i hadnt practiced much for this one and was destined to suffer.

Qually was ok, and it took me a few laps to drum up some pace taking provisional pole at the end of my 3rd lap. the time was within my target delta so i was ok with it. In the remaining laps, Evil. Macdonald and SPL put ni stella times nudging me to 4th. An end to the pole streaks but worthy victors ahead.

Of the start it was tight in the pack, the front runners were rightfully being cautious and the front of the pack were running close. At 130R i got an armful of understeer, the front just wouldnt scratch into the tarmac and went wide, taking a spin. NOICE!

battled back to the front having some thrilling races with the flock. Passing was hard here, finding a way through offline constantly rewarded me with oversteer-understeer-traction loss. In most cases it was a game of patience, placing some pressure and hoping for an error. This went my way for the most part, and errors ahead put me into a strong 2nd position behind SPL who had endured his own issues with technology leaving the 1-2 across the line just over a second apart.

It is tricky, and unfortunate when technology upsets the race order, and burdens the emotions. Particularly now with VR, DD wheels and advanced pedals etc. For all the beauty of the PS5, its a reminder of its constraints.

Too assist people where i can, as i have a fairly intense set up with VR. I recommend making sure the cameras on the front are clean. I have a microfibre under my seat.
    Whilst lighting is important, i have dimmed downlights in my racing room so BRIGHT light isnt needed. When you calibrate, do it slowly. Allow the device to properly scan the room. It may also help if the device has point of references in the room and in front of you. I had a friend who had constant issues with his VR found it came magic once he placed a TV in front of him and didnt solely use the VR. for me. It may also pay to do a calibration ahead of a race and see if that allows you to get through unscathed.

Onwards and upwards to bathurst, a race im very much looking forward too. It will be hard work to maintain the full lap distance and i hope to be able to make it, im having a hip replacement next month and the hard braking points of Bathurst make it difficult.
    Its home territory me for though, so bring ya A game kids! because this one, im coming for blood!

Ads
    Matthyus, incey and Beats143 like this.
  8. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I finally had a enjoyable race at Suzuka. I think, touch wood, that I may have broken my Suzuka whoo-doo. Didn't qualify well in the end, starting in 10th. Fluffed that start as the car was in 3rd so set about catching the pack. Managed to avoid some chaos and worked my way up to 6th. I was on softs, so @Beats143 let me through at the Casio Triangle and was into 6th (?) place. Got knocked off track by @Savage_Duck_75 as he struggled to stay off the grass (a redress happened not long after) and fell back to 10th. However a bit more chaos ahead put me back into 6th and then eventually 5th. Stopped on lap 15 for fuel and RMs and kept it on track to the end. At some stage there must have been an incident with 3rd and 4th as the gap from me dropped from 19s down to 1.5s and I thought I was in with a chance of 4th. Despite the overcast conditions towards the end of the race, the rain held off.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    Matthyus, incey and Beats143 like this.
  9. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    only a small wobble, and a slight off... got back on and then made sure to hang onto 4th
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Dunno if I'm going to be able to enjoy 90 minutes at Bathurst being shushed. Rooz is a social event for me not a sheep station wager. Count me out for now
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Lap Count and TOD has been adjusted for this weekend's enduro.
  12. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Viper. , after 3 days of practice on these settings it is disappointing to see such such a radical change at this late juncture..
    lap count I get , but time of day change is is huge..
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I am very sorry mate, to have done it that late was far from ideal. I'll cop 100% of the blame not only for setting it so poorly to begin with, but for the little notice as well. I can only hope it brings better racing as a result.
    incey, ADZA_85 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  14. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    I won’t be able to race this Sunday, got a big day out.
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 7: 17/09 - Mount Panorama Racing Circuit - 42 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning - 5x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 7:30 pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 7:45 pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need need to navigate the pit entry chicane. Tripping up may result in a 3 second penalty or worst case scenario, a reset. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep left immediately after exiting. Take care not to impede cars.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Mount Panorama

Another season, another visit to our home circuit. Bathurst has long been Australia (And Rooz's) home of endurance racing, we once again utilise the great track as our final round of the season. Bathurst for the most part is a one lane, one line, no mistakes made race track with massive implications , especially over the top, if something goes wrong. Stay clear of the walls and pick the smartest times to pass cars or leave yourself open to the car behind.

As this is the enduro round, we start half an hour earlier, be there on time and be prepared to be sitting and driving for a long period of time. Keeping a beverage or two plus some snacks nearby is reccomended.

It is also Retro Round! Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with for the final round of Season 51!
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  16. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    I hope to make it tonight.
    Just put dog in hospital for her glaucoma spike, There could be an interruption on my end if I get a phone call. Which I might have to just drop out and not park in pits. either way will try to make it best not to ruin everyone else game.
    With this and Port Adelaide losing badly in finals so I expect a bad race for me, if bad things happen in 3s.
    Viperzed likes this.
  17. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    7:30PM AEST start tonight.
  18. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Hi guys, apologies again - family stuff.
    Enjoy the race
  19. Anders

Anders New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    anders_race
    Unavailable tonight - apologies
  20. spleece

spleece Rookie

PSN ID
    spleece
    Can’t make it tonight.. good luck all