Gran Turismo 7 Season 51 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    I was fine running as it was. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I always find it easier coming home on the better compound, rather than the more grip > less grip change. Managed to get a bit extra from the fuel on mediums and was making good headway, but due to the incident's that were out of my control, it didn't matter
    T-GT_Racing and ADZA_85 like this.
  2. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Thats fair, sorry you had to suffer that

Sounds like a few Protests need to be lodged
    T-GT_Racing and Viperzed like this.
  3. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Another shocker for me. Had some pace to qualify 3rd and was trying to hold onto Doodah and ADZA but I kept dropping time from small errors. That set the theme for the night, I think I only managed 2 good laps all race.
    As soon as I went onto the mediums it was like I was in a different car and wasn't enjoying it at all. Got a shove at T1 that affected me for Eau Rouge and I went wide getting dirty tires. Had no brakes at the turn after the straight and spun into the wall. Couldnt free myself from the barrier and that was pretty much it for my race.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  4. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Gosh, the AI is so bad to run against at Trial Mountain, they slow right down in some of the highest speed corners.
  5. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Classic Gran Turismo
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  6. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Hi Viper,

Have you locked down the number of laps? I'm guessing 23 - 26ish?
    Viperzed and ADZA_85 like this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Have just confirmed it!
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  8. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Legend, thanks
  9. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    I'm out for this round sorry, enjoy Trial Mountain.
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: 12/08 - Trial Mountain - 24 Laps - Custom Weather - Afternoon - 4x

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 6 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 1, 2, 14 and 15, as well as generally around the entire circuit, with a keen focus tonight on overtakes completed OUTSIDE TRACK LIMITS. Track Limits will still be defined as two wheels on the kerb, or white line, whichever is furthest out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to dart off to the left prior to the final chicane. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep left until T1 unless safe to merge right. Take care not to impede cars.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Trial Mountain
    Trial Mountain has been re imagined for GT7, Trial Mountain is now wider and longer than we remember it, meaning it is better for racing! There are multiple sections of track where two cars cannot go side by side without some serious effort from both. Be careful when racing through the pack that you don't run someone (or yourself) out of room!
    T F Eccles and incey like this.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I'll be having a go on the new connection tonite, id appreciate if you guys can check my appearance on track prior to qualifying and let me know if it is still glitchy
    T F Eccles likes this.
  12. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Looked like some tight racing in the mid field tonight. Qually was interesting. On my first fast lap i met a sideways participant on the otherside of the tunnell at T4 and took the full brunt of it. I lost the rythem for the next few laps and got a mid 1.50 which was the target. I was on for a personal best on my last lap run but overcooked it with ambition not matching the talent, still, took a pole with some close rivals behind.

Off the start Doodah got a darn good launch and pushed up, but looks like at T4 coming out the tinnell Doodah went a little deep, oversteered coming out and spun it. Unfortunate for Doodah as it relegated him back and isolated a good 1st place battle.
    Evil pressed on and was running 2nd on the mediums i beleive? With a soft run at the end..

I fuel managed to the end of lap 14 before bolting on the mediums. I was down about 1 sec from the softs on the mediums, so it wasnt too bad and i felt like i could still push on them. Sounded like some guys in the chat were struggling with them.

Thanks all for another race
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 4 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Hatfield and ADZA_85 like this.
  14. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Just another case of wrong place wrong time on Lap 1 for me.

Came out of the 1st tunnel to see a sideways Doodah, swerved to miss and took myself out.

I had one other incident later on that undid any effort I had made to catch up, costing me a further 12 seconds.

It's a real shame as I had given this one some decent practice, but it wasn't enough for a good result sadly.

The one positive takeaway for me is that my fastest lap was up there with a 1:51 flat, just need to maintain consistency.
  15. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Still a bit laggy, but much better than before.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Another case of what might have been. Managed to elude everyone else's troubles and found my self cruising around on 5th. Came out to 6th after the pit stops and would have been happy with that if it weren't for a couple of lapses in concentration that had me spinning etc. Finished where I started. Like others, not liking this car at all.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    low practice, low expectations, poor outcome. Set a reasonable time, for me, in qually and started 8th or 9th. Made my way through turmoil to get to 4th. Pitted and lost like 5 spots....must be using too much fuel. Trying to work back through the field and lost a bunch of ground avoiding a ramming incident with moon coming back on track. Going good for awhile again and spun before the tunnel in an unusual spot (mediums sucked), lost 12 seconds on that one. Had a bit of a battle with beats for awhile until he ran wide out of the first tunnel giving me the line, immediately afterwards there was a spun car ghosted and as i went past i got a penalty for yellow flag infringement. I gave the spot back to beats despite it being earnt legit but no good, still had to serve the time. that stupid penalty cost me three places and i drove the last couple of laps not really gaf.
    had some close racing and earnt a couple of passes but overall it was a pretty disappointing return to the season.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  18. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

In light of the Australian Women's Football teams recent success at the World Cup, the admin team have decided that should we progress to the World Cup Final (to be played at 8pm on Sunday 20th August at Stadium Australia), RaceOnOz will postpone R5 back a week, pushing back all events.

Go the Tillies!!
    incey, ADZA_85, T F Eccles and 2 others like this.
  19. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hey guys.

Sorry, with a heavy heart I will have to pull out of this season. Not that I don't enjoy racing with you guys! Just Sunday nights are too hard for me to be able to be on racing until close to midnight. I have also found out today that in a week 2 people are out of the office for 3 weeks, and I'll need to be starting early throughout those weeks.

Sigh - it sucks, was quite looking forward to this one... good luck everyone for the rest of the season.
    Peersy, Ozglenn, Easyprey007 and 3 others like this.
  20. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Sad to lose you mate, hopefully we see you back again soon.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.