ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 6 Silverstone 90 minute Enduro.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yes, it comes down mostly to driving style. The new graining punishes those who turn the steering wheel too much.
  2. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

I didn't have issues with the fronts but destroyed the rears, at this point I look forward to parking the Audi and driving something else lol I'm sure I will figure it out though
  3. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Yep exactly that. If you can turn the steering wheel no more than 90 to 100 degrees then you should be fine
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I did both at misano - 1st stint I ripped the fronts up, so second stint I was more gentle with the steering...but apparently I was nasty with my right foot as about ten minutes from the end it all got very loose back there. I think the smooth and precise guys are being rewarded by this update - I am neither of those!
    nanlatt likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I haven't done a longer run at Silverstone yet only 20 min runs some with full fuel and weren't any issues, wasn't too bad in the porker at Misano, tyres got a bit more slippery at the end of both stints but didn't fall off a cliff like @Kcender87 though it seemed @andyo450 had a bit more in his at the end of the race then I did.
    andyo450 and Coanda like this.
  6. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

accurate - i was alonso-ing the tight stuff at misano and dragging the fronts and it ruined them - needs a bit more final precision in the setup as you cant just cure a really sharp turn in with introducing a bit of understeer mid corner - well you can but you get mush for tires :p
  7. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Charles and Jenson at Silverstone to give yall some pointers (or things to avoid...yet to be seen :p)
    andyo450 likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That lap 1 ghosting feature made things look terrible, they also really could do with replays in broadcasts.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

A few of you boys could easily run in this silver eSports Sim racer race.. you know who you are :thumbsup:

Nice to see who is considered the best of the best.. Seen a few of these boys in mp from time to time.. I was racing that E.Murphy during the week thinking someone was giving a tribute to Eddie.. Now I know.. :cool:

I hope no one is playing funny buggers with performance hacks.. :cautious:
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    andyo450 likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I really doubt any hacks would have been used and saw a post somewhere that they have some anticheat stuff in the background and will see it if it goes on. The laptimes all seem legit and if you look at our hotlap times and go back in time you can see Andy did a 1:56.07 last season in the Mclaren. Funny as the BOP was meant to be bugged for Mclaren at Silverstone then but seems about the same as it was then so not fixed as yet. It would be nice if they notice the BOP after these series races and adjust the couple of cars that are a bit OP such as Mercedes at Monza and Mclaren at Silverstone.

The rest of the cars seem pretty close going by the silver times, tyre wear seemed to be a much bigger issue for the pro race. I think its very much down to how much you get it sliding to see if the tyres hang on for an hour and the silver guys had more control then most of the pros, who were not as familiar with ACC so more likely overdrive it to get any pace out of it.

It seems they may have also turned track limits of on the silver race as Amir should easily have got a drive through from what I saw.

The pace in our group could easily have got a few into these races, no hope from OZ due to our geo location but its cool to watch these races.
    andyo450, c4rLo5, Wally and 2 others like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

56 flat.. Andy is a monster! great time in the Porsche btw, your on fire :thumbsup:

That's good to hear they have some extra AC.. I just hope a mid field driver isn't putting a couple of percent performance here and there to make himself a front runner.. I don't think they are however unfortunately life has thought me that there are scumbags always looking for opportunities..

Anyway.. great racing by the top 20.. a bit messy down the back..
    andyo450 likes this.
  12. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    Hey guys, just have a quick question. In regards to the "fuel is limited at 25secs for any amount." What does that mean? Ie. takes 25secs for any amount (20L or 80L) or am i completely off lol.

Had a sneak preview of that race, looks awesome, will have to give it a watch at work! :D
  13. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Shameless plug for my mate Dave Perel, P5 from P19 in that field is a mega effort. And he also provides a bit of coaching now that racing isn't on to support himself, would absolutely recommend (even though my results don't really how how much it's helped)
    andyo450, c4rLo5 and marty like this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yup, pretty sure... the amount of fuel you put in will always be the same amount of time to fill up... I haven't done a fill up pit in a few weeks... @marty we def confirm
    yeah been a fan for a bit with his YT videos of tracks we race...
    andyo450, c4rLo5 and GT-71CKL like this.
  15. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

I thought the sro esports was pretty good. As with all broadcasts with real drivers, always a bit messy down the back (see both imsa races for example or the first indycar race). I was also happy to see Bentley get the win ;)

Looking forward to tonight. Cant get any pace out of the Honda in race trim (and not much over one lap) so just tried to make it safe and predictable! Watch me spin by myself on lap 1 through Maggots and Becketts now I've said that... :D
    andyo450 and Wally like this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

1L or full tank added should take 25sec. We dont set the time it takes we can only say if there is fixed time or not. Tyre change is optional but tyres are changed at the same time as fuel and it only adds 5 seconds to a fuel stop, with tyre wear seeming fairly high I dont see how saving 5 seconds in the stop would be a net gain in the race as you could lose 2 seconds per lap on worn rubber.

There is a max stint limit of 65 minutes, this means you cant run longer then 65 minutes without a pit stop. The real series has this rule to ensure no car gets a big advantage by using less fuel as some do, its also why fuel time is fixed to ensure the more effiicient cars dont get an advantage on their fuel stop. This means if you need to stop early you will need 2 stops even if your car could make the distance to the finish. You only need to add fuel in one stop however so a second stop you can do whatever you want.

Things to be carefull of in the stop, you dont want to change brake pads as its 1:15 to do this and if your strategy has different pads to what you started on, it will default to change pads. You can simply uncheck the pad change in pit mfd once in car. Best to do this on the grid before the race or on the warmup lap which is the best time to set your strat up.

Pit entry is also pretty quick and blind, its very easy to come in too fast. Practicing some pit entries will help you avoid a pit speeding penalty. The limiter only works in 1st gear and its fairly strict now at the entry.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    Rolz and GT-71CKL like this.
  17. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    Awesome, thank you for the tips and clarifying! You lads are damn quick! Hoping to keep it on the black stuff for the full race, should be fun :D
  18. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

One of my finer moments, qualy was good am D ended up P3 in class.
    Race start was clean and got away well with some good battle with @Jeremy Talbot, after my performance last week it was fun to not collect him on a corner.
    Fought with @Flamebadger, with my pace I was faster but the Aston likes to choke out of the slower corners.
    Pitted at 50 mins and had am excellent few laps to make the undercut.

Ended up catching @Frostwa but Mr Stroll got on my radio and called team orders, after 90 minutes of clean racing I didn't want to push my luck so finished P10!

From my view lapped traffic did really well to clear the line, with a scary moment with @Wally rejoining being my only clench moment.

Cheers for the race boys, Zaandvort will be interesting with 30 cars
  19. kuda

kuda Rookie

Pro: no incidents, con: way off pace
    SteveDrivingSlowly and andyo450 like this.
  20. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Frustrating race for me. Quali'd in p10 which I was really disappointed with but I thought well, let's try and get them in the race.

Started off ok but I made some poor judgment calls on where to brake/overtake on the first laps and @Brad Jesson and @Flamebadger got past, @Sparksy84 nearly did but I was able to hold him off. The next 25 minutes or so all I could do was stare at Jorgensens rear end as it is really hard to pass here, all the while trying to hold off Tom. Finally made the pass coming out of maggots and becketts and braked just late enough to get him into abbey.

Then I chased down Brad. Again impossible to pass but fortunately for me he made a slight mistake coming out of becketts which let me through.

After Brad came Daniel Medved, caught him but it was coming near my pit window so I thought I'd pit early.... Stupidly got a drive through which put paid to my race, gutted. To top it off I was only 7 seconds behind @Rolz with clear air between us. So I thought I'd do my drive through straight away and try catch up as much as possible but got caught behind someone who braked about 10 seconds too early for the pit entrance losing me even more time.

So the second half of my race was pretty boring, bit of a no mans land. I managed to catch Jorgensen on the last lap but it wasn't enough. It looked like the guys in front of me had lots of tyre wear as in the last 5 laps I caught them really quickly, I just needed another 5 laps I reckon...

Like I said at the beginning of this thread, It's one of my most hated tracks and I'll be happy to bring home points. I did that, but only just lol
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020