Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Thanks mate, I didnt bother with it at the start of the season because I didnt need you on my list to race.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    all good.

maybe add sidfire too. he was there for race 2. not sure if he will be there this week. Missing in action !! hope he shows though.
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I have now been informed by my director of operations thst we have a friend co ming over go do our tax this afternoon. As payment, we are feeding her dinner, and unfortunately there is a snowball's chance in hell of me getting to the PS3 by 8.
    You are still welcome to run the race in my lounge, but since I was the one exeperiencing the most problems, Stu's lounge might be easiest.
    Sorry for messing everyone around.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No probs mate. Will open through your room and see what happens. Even if you open it, and sit in the pits it won't matter. I can do all the regs and stuff when I get there at about 7:45.
  5. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    OK, its up to you which room you use. The chances of me making the race are slim to none, so dont bother waiting for me.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Barra little chance of making it tonight so will use my room guys.

Good luck tonight.

Just a little reminder to all drivers.

Please respect the other drivers and the league by not cutting the chicane at the end of the back straight. Penalties are on, so cutting too fine will result in a game penalty anyway, but constant cutting to gain a clear advantage WILL result in a drive through penalty (25 secs) added to your final race time.

Hope there is some great racing tonight.

Cheers
    Stu
  7. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    wont be making it tonite guys. good luck all.
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Shame Dutch. See you next week.

Stu
  9. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Well im glad thats over haha. Always knew i was going to struggle here. Qualified 5th then worked out i couldnt see 4 people. Had to leave then come back and start from the back of the pack.
    I ended up finishing 6th.. Not too bad i guess. Atleast Zampli finished 4th and didnt get too many more points than me haha.

Congrats to Natman for the win.

4 rounds, 4 different winners. Awesome season.
  10. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Swamped at the start... Got tapped in the rear on lap 2 (happy to call it a 'racing incident') and went back to 9th ... Game over. I think we had 3 drop out during the race. I know nugget had connection issues... Not sure about the others??
  11. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Good win Natman.

I didnt have an ideal leadup - did an hour of practice during the week, but didnt bother yesterday because I didnt think I could make the race. Well, finished eating dinner and the other half and her friend were just gossiping, so I left them to it and hoped I could get on before the race started.
    Jumped in the car with 7'40 on the quali clock. Right - one lap dash.... 1'40.5.. hmmm, a second off what I was doing in practice. 10th, which became 8th with the connection issues.
    Got a good start down the outside and wound up 5th or 6th once we shuffled out to single file by the first split. To my massive surprise, I actually caught up to the kead pack, mainly because they were fighting each other. Spent a couple of laps on their tail without threatening to pass anyone, til they drove away from me. Got to half race distance and I had dropped to 8th, with a good gap to 9th. Still had 3/4 on the tyres, so figured I had nothing to lose by not pitting. Had my few laps of glory at the front, but I realised with about 10laps to go, it wasnt going to work. If I actually had some raw pace it might have helped, but lap times went from 1'39 at the start, to 1'40 when everyone pitted, then slowly dropped off to 1'44s at the end.
    I hope I didnt get in anyones way too badly as I was passed, I didnt actively jump out of the way because I still needed to keep a line and try not too lose too much time, but I didnt fight anyone for it. In the end, I was pretty happy with my race, pretty much mistake free, even on worn tyres, but I was just too slow.

As you guys were talking about when I left the room last night, that was my last race for this season. I head overseas on Friday, and get back on the Wednesday after the last race, just in time for the break between seasons.
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    ------ )@ Happy And Safe travelling Barra @( ------
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Race results round 4

Pole Stu 1:38:001

1. Natman
    2. Flood
    3. Stu
    4. zampli
    5. Neverenough
    6. Dougz
    7. barra
    8. Veno
    9. Aza
    10. cob DNF
    11. Jairo DNF
    12. Nuggett DNS
    13. Dutch DNS
    14. sidfire DNS

fastest laps

1:37:871 Natman
    1:38:163 Stu
    1:38:189 Zampli
    1:38:382 Flood
    1:38:585 Neverenough
    1:38:600 Dougz
    1:39:114 Cob
    1:39:309 Barra
    1:39:806 Jairo
    1:39:999 Veno
    1:40:052 Aza
  14. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Way to beat 1'40 Veno!
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol @ barra. Nice win there Natman quite a turn around from the 1st few races. Pretty darn good lap time too.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for a great race last night guys.

1st pole in a while so was a good way to start, but with some of the prac races we had done i knew that there was no way i was going to zip away from the pack unless there was a 1st corner pile up. That didnt happen and after leading for a few laps i was passed by natman and zamps, with flood close behind.

The 4 of us went nose to tail for about the next 10 laps in some great close dicing and changes of position. Natman skipped away at the front and at the first stop he was showing great pace in clean air about 8 secs up the road.

After the first stop, i came out 5th, zamps had pitted earlier and made a bit of ground in the undercut, and flood came out about 2 secs up the road.

There was a pack slowly building behind barra who hadnt stopped, and natman was right in the thick of it after he made a couple of mistakes. We all got by Barra who was struggling on his tires, and the 4 of us again diced in some more great nose to tail, side by side racing. I managed to get by flood with about 5 to go and was up to third, then while me and zamps had a small battle he got passed both of us up to 2nd and i was again back to 4th......with about 3 to go zamps made a small mistake coming out of 1 and i managed to get up the inside and resume with flood for the last 2 laps but i didnt have enough left to have a dive into 1 or the chicane.

@Natman, fantastic win mate, well deserved, showed just a little too much pace

@flood and zamps, pleasure racing with you. was heaps of chances for guys to be run wide or have their race ruined but you both showed how classy you both are.

@Jairo & cob. I checked the replay of your little incident & i can honestly say it was a racing incident. Cob you had the run and were both side by side down the straight. That part of the track there kinks slightly to the right and thats why jairo got his left rear in the grass and when he hit the brakes it all went pear shaped.

@nugget, was a tough call by you to step out with the lag issues. Its very frustrating knowing that generally when you race with us there are no issues, must just be a clash with someones connection. Hope all is better next week so you can resume the fight at the front.

cheers
    Stu

Oh, and good luck with the move flood. Hope it all works out and you back on track sooner rather than later.

@ barra, have a great trip mate. We are all expecting a lot of photos mate, better get some good ones !!!!
  17. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Woweee, what a race ! !

Thanks guys, especially Zamps, Stu, Flood & Barra who I duelled with at some point (or most of the race in some cases!)
    That was just about the best online race I've ever had, super-close, clean racing with constant pressure. Brilliant!
    I find the Tilke'drome-type circuits easy for some reason - just peg out my braking marks, then trim the fat from my line each lap.

After 3 battle-tastic opening laps, I settled into following Zamps, saving tyres & catching back-up in the tow down the straights.

Thanks Zampli !

I re-passed for the lead around Lap 7 & managed to break the tow when Stu & Flood were hassling Z.
    From there it was just open road & banging out 1:38.5's until L13 when the tyres started fading, before pitting on L15.
    I worried when I saw Barra out-front still, but I'd done the maths in my head before pitting, and sure enough, started reeling him in.

Then I Brain-Farted ! TWICE ! !

Ran wide exiting T4 on L18 & copped 5sec. penalty, then touched grass trying to out-brake Zampli into T1 !
    (Sorry for bulldozing back onto the racing Line in T2, Stu.. . . )
    Clawed back past the Flood & then Deja'vu - Chasing down Zampli for the lead with Orange & Blue '86s on my tail again!

Patience patience patience - I forced myself not to shred the tyres trying to catch Z in 1 lap, instead I just trimmed tenths, wating for his tyres to wilt.
    Finally Zamps blinked exiting T4 on Lap 23, and I snuck by.. . . Hurrah ! - Only to have him back on my hammer by the last Chicane. Good Hussle !

4 Laps to go & I just gritted teeth & willed myself to not F*#k-up while Flood, Stu & Zamp battled it out behind me.

Absolutely MEGA intensity guys: Kudos, 5-stars & high fives all round.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: Is Naice - High Five! :D Congrats mate. Great to see you get the close racing and success you've been hanging in there for. ;)
  19. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    yeh well i had been on the phone most of the day the my internet provider trying to fix my speeds. my speeds get heavily affected by the weather and what do you know? storms all day:( the few speed tests i did i got the highest of 1.1mbps yeh thats all!!! and 0.4mbps upload. im pretty sure the slow upload is what causes the lag for everyone else and the slow download that leads to being disconnected.

after about 5 or 6 attempts i managed to get into Aussies room for a bit of practice. got into your room Stu quiet easy and all looked good in quali. i couldnt get near a pb but good enough for 3rd spot on the grid. yeh after Dougz said he saw me lagging i got most of you to follow me for a lap to see how bad it was. didnt even make it to the hairpin and i got disconnected Grrrrrrrrrr.

so i then decided there was no chance that i would even finish the race without being disconnected and prob with only a few laps to go. that would mean needing a new controller or a lot of superglue. it just wasnt worth the chance of ruining anyone elses race. hard to do on my favorite track and with a win already this season but i did it for you blokes haha. lucky Div2 has such good guys in it. (if i was in div1 i prob would have raced and swerved all over the place and blamed lag hahahahahaha) jokes.

so i see it that everyone owes me an oil change or a wash ahahahah
  20. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

By the hair of a bees Barra. I was hoping my 1.39 might blend into the other 1.39's though.

I felt for nugget dropping out. I reckon my issue with getting booted and having to re enter all the time on race night is a compatibility problem with Doug and occasionally Aza. Fortunately it hasnt prevented me from racing yet, touch wood. I googled some forums regarding this and it seems my connection is acceptable without being great. Last week I apparently lagged but I dont recall that being an issue before. Its a hassle barely squeezing a qualy lap in some weeks let alone a practice but...I love my Sunday night racing so I am not going to sook about it, just get out there and have fun. I just hope my connection is compatible with the Div 3 boys as that is exactly where I am heading anyway! I am not really going to hurt anyone dominating at the back of the pack in Div 2 anyway.

See you lot on Sunday. Peace.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.