ASSETTO CORSA Season 10: Ahh, Porsche It! (Get up on this...911)

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 1, 2017.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @QC. can the quick race prac server please be set with 100% grip? Cheers.
    QC., marty and Rolz like this.
  2. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Car in Iracing is at Bathurst this week, lucky timing. The car in Iracing has no ABS and alot less aero but they have a Virtual Racing School where esport professional drivers do lap analysis. Check this out for anyone interested
    krunch and David Brister like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Odd that the Iracing car is so much faster with clearly a better track recreation then we have in AC, the real world 911 GT3 cup track record is 2:07.5 but thats likely a race record rather then qualy/practice overall fastest lap and also in last years 2016 car. I tried to find some data but only saw that time mentioned in a replay of race 3 at Bathurst with no race data available that I could find.

For a temp solution I put up a sprint practice server "Raceonoz Marty's" at 100% grip using the same settings as the other server if QC may not get to it for a while. I was asked late last night if I could put one up as the guys were over the 95% grip in that server :D

I did add all the raceonoz GUID's I could find here or in my server logs to the whitelist which will get these guys into any of the Marty's servers, and I also pre added ballast to most of those with ballast but I didnt have a GUID for all. The server admin password is the same as the Monday race night pass so anyone can add or remove ballast easily in there. Its MR ABC atm with the whitelist assuming that all the guys even not on the whitelist should be at that grade.

After a couple of late night or should I say early morning runs with a few guys I found I am well off Koasters pace even taking off my ballast. He is a quick bugger and seems to like Bathurst so that will make it tough. Ballast is about .5 here with 40kg and I am about 1 second off him and not sure if I will find that much yet he will still find some more.

Once QC can get to the server I can take this one down or leave it up for the sprint if wanted, either way is fine as the servers aren't being used all that much anyway. Using the local auth should mean there are no join lags for the prac server which can get tricky in a close battle with a few joining.
    Spidey_11, Cherno, QC. and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Whats ur stracker address Marty? My old saved favourite isn't working so I'm guessing ur aws has updated IP :)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

6. Rolz

7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Not sure if thats new in that build but if you look in stracker config under http you have more options for what to display in lapstat. Things like ballast will only show up with guys running ptracker which is a shame as this info is shown in game already but stracker doesnt get that data otherwise.
    Rolz likes this.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Sometimes a race can be best summed up using rhyme.

Oh Imola, Imola, Imola
    No other circuit is similar
    You brake for a turn
    But your tyres just burn
    As you spin and take half the field with ya

And so it was on lap 1 race 1 for me. sigh. So much practice to try to eliminate silly errors and I couldn't even get through the first lap without one. And to make it worse I took out my teammate (so sorry @TF22Raptor) which caused him to fall back and tangle with our team captain (sorry @KoAStR) which also dropped him back down the field. So I guess fightbacks were the order of the day for Team Turtle Beach!

My qualy for race 1 had gone pretty well and I started in 5th but after my lap 1 error I dropped to about 14th. On lap 2 going up the hill I saw Koastr redressing for Raptor up ahead. Unfortunately as Raptor went through he had contact with another car (Carlos I think?) and they fell back behind me. Gaining those places felt pretty hollow. Anyway I had to race on and try to use the pace in the car as my setup seemed to be working well. I had some good battles with Tovey and Ben before I consolidated P8, staying there to the finish.

Race 2 qualy was great! I squeezed in a late, clean lap to go P2 which I had not expected. The start wasn't so great. I don't think my getaway was that bad but the guys behind seemed to get screamers and were up along side well before T1. That seriously compromised my lines through T1-T3 and I was mugged by my teammates down the chute to T4. I don't know if @Ben787 (on my right) and Raptor (on my left) knew we were 3 wide but being the meat in the Team TB sandwich I backed out early to try to avoid a disaster (no-one likes to see turtles beached right!). Unfortunately Ben turned in and clipped me which didn't cause me a problem but sent him across the grass losing positions (bad luck mate). Alas on lap 3 as I tried to consolidate P6 I managed to spin out all on my own and hit the wall. Dropped to 13th. Sigh. I still have a lot to learn about consistant racing that's for sure.

However the race became enjoyable again as I got back into the groove and fought back (a bit). I had a race long battle with @Doublevision which was awesome. I just couldn't quite get close enough to get passed as lap after lap we ran nose to tail, driving at the limit. Through the misfortune of others we'd risen to 10th and 11th respectively and I really wanted that top 10 finish. I finally got my chance at the end of the 2nd last lap as DV ran a bit wide into the 2nd last corner. I slipped past him but was shallow into the final corner which meant my exit onto the straight was compromised - it wasn't over yet. DV was in my slipstream so I stuck to the left like a Byron Bay hipster and forced him to take the long way around. Braking as late as I dared into T1 with a brutally shallow line I just pulled up enough to make the corner and effectively blocked him from getting back past. Great battle and no paint swapped - awesome stuff DV :). So I finshed 10th in R2 and finished 10th for the round, which I was pretty happy with in the end.

Congrats to my team (especially Raptor grabbing 3rd in race 2) for a good fightback to get a good haul of points. It means we stay on top of the table!

So now with our end of season enduro at the mountain coming up fast the big question on all our minds will be - what the hell can I rhyme with Bathurst?!
  9. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Me eyes! I only have two of them and don't know where to look :alien:
    David Brister likes this.
  10. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Great Video Aaron thanks for sharing mate
  11. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

If you could leave this up it will make things easier on race night...
    Hadn't thought about it until today but 90 min race with ~30 drivers is going to be right on the line for server CPU credit. Being able to shut the server down on Sunday until the race would ensure we can run the full race without issue. Ideally run the practice session on your server and qualifying /race on mine, (might be able to have longer qualifying session too).

@Anon666 @KoAStR @Cyber_STIG_77
    How does practice session on martys server then move over to mine for 20-30min qualifying sound???

cheers
    Spidey_11, Cyber_STIG_77 and Anon666 like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I can do that no problem, if you pm me your entry list with all starters and GUID's I can add them to the practice server with ballasts and also add all to the whitelist making the server entry a bit stricter for non league guys which should help avoid people joining that just get in the way. ;)
    Shaun_A, QC. and Rolz like this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have added all the guys from this season and a possible few extras who had GUID's in the GUID thread to my whitelist. I have also added ballast to all cars in the "Raceonoz Marty's" sprint practice server from QC's entry list, the guys with ballast are at the end of the entry list so their cars shouldn't be taken by anyone else. QC will still run the longer session lower grip server but if anyone here cant get into the sprint server let me know so I can add you in to the whitelist if not MR AB.
    Spidey_11, Rolz and Anon666 like this.
  15. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    First of all just want to apologize for race 2, I have twin 1 year old girls. Need I say anymore!! I know their twins but fu$& me do they have to wake up at the same time. Anyway enough about that.

Great vid Aaron. Just a question to the fast guys, do you guys lean on the brakes turning in to a corner like this guy does with the Porsche? I mean it makes sense, no much weight in the front so dragging the brake on turn in would give a little more grip with the weight transfer. I haven't been doing this and I have been struggling with this car all season.
    Don't tell me I'm going to work out how to drive this thing on the last race of the season like I did last season!

By the way, old mate call Reid park a chicane, made me giggle:p
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. Rolz

Top stuff as always Marty :thumbsup:

Spita - I think it's called trail breaking, break as u hit corner and then slowly release as apex comes up... Its a skill i certainly have yet to fully master, but the aim is if your not breaking, ur accelerating... any time you are not doing either you are losing time.
  17. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

This is still the best track guide out there for bathurst imo. helped me alot :D

18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Had a stuff up on the audio side of things and it's captured the race commentary from discord.
    Let me know if you like this better or not and I'll sort it for next round.

Race recap.
    Qualified better than I thought. Got caught up in the first lap mess and added a spin by myself to that first lap so not a great one for me. Stuck in there hoping to pick up any points I could. Got lucky a few times with others retiring, going off track, or slowing down the cars ahead due to battles. :)
  19. AaronSutton

AaronSutton Rookie

Even though both the Iracing and AC are the Porsche Cup Car, they feel totally different to drive.

Iracing anything above 40-50% brake pressure and the car instantly locks, its only at insane high speed (250km/hr+) does he go above this and maxes out at 80% for the down-hill hard braking zone. It also has much less grip due to nearly having non-existant aero.

AC Cup Car drives like a GT3 car, high downforce with abs that you can slam with 100% brake. Much much easier
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's so weird. when they just had the RUF there was a few different variants, one being the cup which definitely had ABS and felt pretty tame to drive.