[Completed] - RACEONOZ Grand Prix de Monaco - Winner: Seth123

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Oct 23, 2016.

1. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Definitely think that mental fatigue is going to be a factor of crashes during the second half of the race.
    seth123, The_Spectre and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Just like all endurance racing you have to be there at the end to be a chance to win. i agree with Zulu with the point that mental fatigue will play a factor in this race it's going to be so difficult but that's what i signed up for :thumbsup:
    zuluwoffle and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
  4. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Best I could manage tonight - 1:12.671 - On this lap I threw away a great first sector, up nearly 2 tenths but lost it in sector 2, luckily I had a killer run through La Rascasse to bring it home. Couldn't quite pip @zuluwoffle best time who had logged a 1:12.4 i think.

My setup is included as usual, although it is a pretty aggressive, im not sure how tyre wear will go in the race with it.

I hope red bull bring plenty of front wings for me for the race!
    Hatfield, zuluwoffle and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'm really struggling to keep the back end in check, almost every time it snaps in the Swimming pool chicane, then at Rascasse the complete opposite happens... Love Monaco to death but it's tough in these cars.
  6. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

If you hit pause does your car ghost like in gt6? Just thinking of lapped traffic, being not alot of places to pull over. Not that ill be lapping anyone but i dont want to be getting in the way. Thats if any of us actually make it that far.
    seth123 likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I do believe so yeah.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Back markers need to be prepared to yield if they are being lapped. Its not enough to just let them pass without a battle, blue flags means get out of the way, even if that means back off the throttle.
  9. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Damn our setups are close. Only maybe diff and camber settings are different lol. A 1:12.438 was my fastest in TT but one thing I've learnt with Monaco, fast laps mean bugger all if you can't keep it off the wall :roflmao:
    Zachery and The_Spectre like this.
  10. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Likewise if you have damage and are limping back to the pits... be aware of the traffic behind you and stay off the racing line
    Zachery and zuluwoffle like this.
  11. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Yea i didnt like the idea of going so hard with the suspension initially but its the only way to get it nimble enough to be able to attack the circuit.
    Zachery and zuluwoffle like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    a bit daunting to hear the top guys having trouble with the circuit...

@The_Spectre what settings would you change to make the car easier to control rather than setup to attack the circuit?
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah mate, we all didnt complete a lap in qually when it was wet, and in the race, most were out before lap 20 in the dry!
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Many things will be addressed in regards to ghosting and rules in the briefing tonight.
    Zachery likes this.
  15. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Best advice I can give is to stay well within your limits. Take it easy and find a comfortable pace. Eventually driving the track becomes automatic, then it becomes easier to start pushing closer to the limits of the car. If you start off trying to find the limits of the car you will end up in the wall.
    zuluwoffle and The_Spectre like this.
  16. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Soften the springs up a bit to about 5/6, makes it a little more sedate but less nimble
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry, not the best with setup... which specific setting is the 'springs'
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    yeah mate, hitting pause will ghost and lap a few seconds slower
  19. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Dont wanna do laps. Although i might finish then. Haha just want to be able to get out of the way in all the tight stuff if i have to.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I dunno if i like the idea though. Although i understand why it makes sense. Im sure jono will confirm tonight as he said above, but it just seems like the 'easy way out' so to speak.