AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Has anyone had any issues with AC since v1.0.4, I fired up last night and every time I attempted to load a practice combo I got a black screen and my PC froze up:(, did the usual steam verification, 2 files missing and replaced. But the game continued to black screen and lock up my PC, only way to shut the game down was use the reset button on the PC :confused: :thumbsdown:. Only thing Ive done since running AC last is install some 98T skins & the latest Donnington GP & National tracks, any thoughts or ideas on what it could be??
    If it continues I guess I'll have no option but to delete and re-install AC :mad: :speechless: :thumbsdown: :rolleyes:
  3. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    No need to re-install AC, AJ. Which combo are you trying?

Have you tired normal Kunos tracks and cars?
    Maybe remove the '98T skins and donnington GP & national tracks' if that fails try and rename the 'Assetto Corsa' to .old folder in your 'My documents' folder

give those a go first
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Rotor, cheers for the suggestions mate:thumbsup: will giv'em a go, combo was 98T@Monza, then I tried GP2 mod @ Albert Pk, same response. One thing that was weird was when I initially started AC steam had to reinstall the 4 distributable's before the game could even execute, I did the 4 integrity check's after that 1st check was positive, but all good from there :confused: :rolleyes:
    I'll pull the tracks 1st, if that fails I'll do the docs file & remove the skins, if I'm still getting grief I'll just do a reinstall overnight,
    easiest way. must remember to do a base game back-up this time, save downloading it if I have this issue again :thumbsup:
    Cheers
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Game still wont run, even after taking all mods & mod tracks out, going to re-install it overnight :thumbsup:
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  7. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Very nice Koastr!

For some reason this teeth theme seems familiar......LOL :eek:
    Though your chompers do look nicer - I only spent a few mins in Photoshop to do mine....

[​IMG]
  8. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I'm disappointed there is no flames @KoAStR ;)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol thanks - I did notice your chompers there last week, good work doing them yourself. I just ripped mine off the internet this time - along with that little shark character on the side.

Although I have done more traditional WWII fighter style ones myself before:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/iracing-pictures-skins.102/page-13#post-5355
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/iracing-pictures-skins.102/page-3#post-5155
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/iracing-pictures-skins.102/page-4#post-5175

I know right so am I! The front of the 458 looks so much like a shark I just had to give this a try....
    I might have to do another one with flames for posterity.... or go back to it next week.... Probably next week as I'm already concerned about having almost zero time for practice this week. Let alone the fact after last week I clearly needed more!
  10. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Here's my skin for the Ferrari next week:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Peter Wise, KoAStR and AJ.Scott like this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @TheStig13 Love the livery :thumbsup: :D

I'm still having drama's with AC, I deleted it last night and did a clean install overnight, Ive not added any aftermarket content but I still can't get AC to run any car-track combo, it just goes to a black screen and I get no load data appearing at the bottom of the screen. and locks up to the point I need to use the PC reset to get out of the glitch, It's definitely something with AC, as I don't have issues running any other game.
    Fingers X'sd Ive get it sorted by the weekend, gonna take a peek at AC Forum, hopefully a solution already exists. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions for a solution, would love to hear em.:thumbsup:
    Cheers:)
  12. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    @AJ.Scott Before you do anything else, it sounds like it could be a graphics driver issue.. Have you check to see if there is any updates?

Also if you have it overclocked, turn it off...

Also check 'eventviewer' when it happens, and check under the 'windows logs -> Application' or the 'windows logs -> System' and you should clearly see 'Error' click on it and it will give you details on what it is.
  13. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    hahaha Stig, you have a 'Pirelli' stickers on it when it is clearly has 'Bridgestone Potenza's .. hahah :p
    TheStig13 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the spare tyres are pirellis :whistling:
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Latest Nvidia drivers installed, was the 1st thing I did :thumbsup:.

Not overclocking.

Are we talking in AC, or in Windows? not familiar with these files, don't usually have issues like this, in fact AC is the only game Ive had problems with running in years.
  16. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Hmmmm you have your CPU overclocked? turn that off too?

Yeah in windows mate is the 'event viewer' http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

Basically in a nut shell, go start->search programs and files->type in 'event' it will populate at the top of the list, when that window loads click on 'windows logs - > Application' In the centre it will come up with a list of 'informations' or 'warnings' and or 'Error' as soon as you try and launch AC - reboot and check the time. Go down the list to the time and the computer logs what its doing. If something is failing for the game you will see 'Error' in red, click on it and click on the 'general' tab. you can copy and paste what you see in here, or google event ID error and see if others are coming up with the same issue.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    WOOHOOO!!! AC is running again :cautious: :thumbsup: :D
    @R0T0R-AU86 Mate you wont believe what was feking up my game....my firewall of all things :rolleyes:, seems "Comodo" decided the updated AC 1.0.4 acs was suss and dropped it into unrecognized files, hence it wouldn't run till it was designated as a trusted file. Seems I will need to reassigned the trusted rule each time AC's exe or acs module updates.
    Thanks for all your suggestions in trying to resolve it mate, much appreciated :) I'll try & remember them in case I need them in the future :thumbsup:.
    Cheers
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    'chuckels to himself' and you guys complains about GT6 issues....................
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thankfully I don't have any issues with GT6 anymore - I simply don't play it :thumbsup:

No game on any platform will ever be perfect and trouble-free (especially in this day and age), but I'd have to say that PD and the PSN have put together a particularly frustrating combination.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha yea but that's one guys issue with a third party programme out of how many users?! as opposed to everyone's issue with the game software itself. Lol. Chuckles to ones self - different ball park :p
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.