GT-Sport [Completed] Super Production Championship Cup

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    To be honest, with last season and us barely getting two rooms filled, we didn't think it would be THIS important to ensure the Contender Cup had two rooms - this was not done intentionally as a "We only WANT these guys to race, and everyone else is not important" - this was done because we wanted a guaranteed full room as this makes better racing, specially with the variable classes, and the inevitable spread throughout the field... When talk of favoritism comes out, it's a bit unfair as that was definitely not our intention.

From these comments and such, Unders and I are in the midst of trying to get something together for a 2nd room - so please watch this space. With no net at home, and trying to use this website on my phone is a P.I.T.A, means I'm not on here as much as I normally am, so things may be a bit delayed.

Over a month before this series starts, lets try and get this negativity about this turned around. This is something we should be excited about, something different, something new - something I believe can bring out some interesting competitive, strategic racing.
    Max Gassit and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  2. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    We advertised on the main Shout box - we put the links up in the Sunday league and also in the old SCNG thread also - We did our best to ensure that everyone saw the post. Also with the CC, the captains had already chosen their drivers as we wanted to have everything together before the launch of this series. The rebel cup was there for everyone to be involved.

Appears though we are going to be opening a 2nd CC room, so I would say that a captain may contact you when filling their team - I have no say over which drivers which captains choose, that's up to their discretion.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  3. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    This certainly wasn't how things were intended by any means, and any 'inferior' feelings from this are certainly not what we were trying to do. What Unders and I did was choose some captains - they have also been in the background with us over the last few weeks, helping develop this series into what it ultimately has become. This whole seclusion from no 2nd room has ONLY come about as last season, the 2nd room was called 'Div 2' by almost everyone (though it only came about because a 2nd room was wanted by the masses, so it was 'Room 2') and sometimes there were such small numbers, that racing wasn't ultimately regarded as 'important' due to drop off.

There will be no 'Div1, Div2' CC rooms - If we get another up it will be worded differently - and this is IF we get 5 captains that will have at least 3 drivers in their team (themselves can be included of course).

One would hope that if a 2nd room does get opened, that we can move past this negative start to it all, and focus on the positive of this series - different drivetrains, different race formats, force of tyre use etc...
    Max Gassit and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  4. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    When I made comment re the lobbies it certainly wasn't a complaint... Only a suggestion, nor a criticism.
    I think the series is really well done and appreciated by many.
  5. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz
    Think I’ll take my hat back out of the ring, cheers.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Why is that bud? What's happened?
  7. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Well since I missed out on the test night on Sunday :cry::cry: I might host another this Sunday for anyone interested. You guys should be back on the 2 hour gap instead of 3 as it is at the moment. I know there's a fun night going on also, but I don't think there's anything else.

Hopefully see some of you there on the night :) Again, will be no divisional ballast as we don't have them all set yet.

Hope to see you guys on track!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'll be smashing some bananas, but why don't you test out the divisional ballast? It has been added to the OP now
  9. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hahaha, I didn't even realise - sorry guys, been out of the loop a bit with the net being out at home.

I will test out some divisional ballast them for whoever comes in! will be based on current S12 of Sunday night GT Sport league on the night.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I haven't been added to rebel cup yet, I am now officically requesting a position in the rebel cup to race in the rebel cup
  11. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    If you've done your entry in the link there you will be added - it hasn't been updated in the last couple of days - I have already requested @THE_UNDER_STUDY to update :)
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    done
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Can I use my contender livery in the rebel cup ?
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Of course you can mate! The Rebel cup you can run whatever livery you want - but all three of your cars have to match is all.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Righto, If I get a day with nothing to do I'll try to learn how to do the number boards at least
  16. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    No worries - as an example, I'm using the same template as my CC liveries, just changing the Gold to another colour (yet to be decided).

Number boards are easy as mate - just using the standard GT Sport number boards available under "Race Items" in the livery editor, then if you have the number board headers from Unders downloaded, you just put them on top of the GT Sport number board. Really easy mate, shouldn't be a problem - even for you! ;):sneaky:
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The trouble is finding the time with nothing better to do. With the little bit of time I've spent on liveries I have a looong list of funner things to spend time on
  18. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Which is fair enough. If you would like, I can make you a basic livery if that's what you're wanting... PM me some ideas :)
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    we've got a month or so, i'll see what i can do. if i get too frustrated i'll let you know .
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Will update tonight after work.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.