RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Blunty075, Aza2672, Rolz and 8 others like this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I think pitting while pits are closed should result in a penalty on first offense, its a rule therefore it should not be broken, same with Blue flags.
    Aza2672, tezpez85, seth123 and 2 others like this.
  3. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    This is a really good start will really make certain drivers think about their driving style eg stop using others as a brake. It will also help the mods to be certain in their decisions :cool:
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Anthonyb and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Technical Offences should be DSQ > DSQ + 2 Race Ban > Season Ban
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    I think Pit Enty/Exit lines is too harsh at 25 seconds. 5 to 10 would be better.

Like @Crunch said before, I think we should re do the rules and regulation going forward
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I like the Table, shows clearly what will happen when the wrong thing is done.

i also agree with @B-Spec Bob and @warrior2167 in regards to the actual penalties though.
  7. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    @Hatfield maybe add something for rage-quits in case there is a system on GTS like on Pcars or Assetto Corsa where it tells you if someone leaves/dc's.
    Pit exit 1st warning should be 5-10s like @warrior said.
    Incorrect tire use or car specifications should be instant DSQ as it is a form of cheating.
    Pitting while pits are closed should be a DSQ or 30s penalty on first warning.
    Failing to move for blue flags should be maybe a points penalty or 1 race ban or maybe a time penalty depending on the cars position.
    those are my options anyway.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    As much as I hate to suggest it, Technical infringements should scale on severity, which introduces "At Steward's Discretion" into the mix thus muddying the waters.
    For minor stuff that appears unintentional then you run the 25 second penalty (1 or 2hp wrong for example), for major blatant stuff you go the DQ. Labelled "Minor Technical Infringement" and "Major Technical Infringement".
    Pitting while Pit Entrance is closed should be a drive-through, effectively making as it as if you then took a legal pitstop. (25 seconds it seems)
    Crossing the Pit Exit line was deemed a safety violation and warranted a Drive-through so at 25 seconds I have no issues with it. Pit Entry not so much, I think Kimi got given 5 seconds at Baku this year for it.
  9. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Since i've seen this forum i might as well add my two cents. Something that has really frustrated me over the last few weeks in the F1 championship is the lack of respect given to people on qualifying hot laps by people on either a cool down lap or an out lap. I as an example had multiple incidents in Canada where i was taken out on THREE separate occasions by people who were doing this twice losing my front wing and the other time being forced off the circuit , I won't do name calling but let's just say i was pretty furious. Anyone who has watched me in qualifying know that if i see a fellow competitor on a flying lap while i am not i pull off the racing line and let them through unless i have a decent sized margin and am about to start a lap did it in GT6 and still do it here. I'm only bringing this up because i'm noticing the same people doing it over and over again
    Apex_64, Beau_Albert and Zachery like this.
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    One thing i don't like on that chart is that a 'Purposeful incident' warrants a lesser penalty than crossing the pit exit line on the first and second offences. I feel that if you take someone out on purpose, you deserve severely harsh penalties, where as crossing of the pit exit line might just deserve 10 seconds or so.
    Other than that, i like it. If this is VERY strictly followed as a black and white procedure, i think this will be a big positive for racing standards.
    Apex_64, Anthonyb, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Purposeful incident is a harsher penalty than pit lane cutting. are you referring to the boderline catagory?
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Purposeful incident is a warning at first, 25 seconds on the second warning and DSQ on the third.
    A pitlane cut is 25 seconds on the first warning, 25 seconds + Back of Grid Qualifying and then DSQ on the third.
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i read that as saying if the incident is claimed as accidental, but is borderline, meaning it looks intentional. IE Reckless.
    Dangerous driving is for those who intentionally ram people, which has a harsher penalty.

thats what borderline Accidental/purposeful means. unless ive been wrong my whole life?
  14. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  15. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great work Hat, it's good to see it set out like that so there is no debate on penalties.
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    youve got careless - accidental incident - a light bump and run for example where you may not have felt contact
    then reckless - maybe a decent bump and run without redressing. could be accidental, or on purpose, but cant prove it was intentional
    Dangerous - is when ypou deliberately ram someone, which has harsher penalties than the pit lane cutting

what am i missing here. or am i just bloody stupid?
    Hatfield and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  17. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    No comment!
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Purposeful and Borderline should be in seperate categories in my mind.
    I remember back to GT6 S5 at Cape Ring, Fastboy took it upon himself to pit maneuver me out of the race lead and from memory he was DSQ for the entire sprint round... i think purposeful SHOULD be that harsh. It should not be penalized at all, but entirely excluded. Taking people intentionally does not have a place here in the Sunday League so lets make it so it doesn't happen full stop.
    Anthonyb and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    im not even joking right now, i feel like an idiot even though im pretty sure im reading this right. enlighten me.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    well take the reckless one as borderline, as thats what he means.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.