GT7 Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 26, 2022.

1. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

my replay was bugged and couldn’t see the lap times, will have another look tonight but I didn’t think my pace was all that good
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    The fact that the rest of D2 couldn't keep up with you, likely means that you earnt the FL.
    I checked and and likely the only way to check is to watch each lap (without fast forwarding...)
    I would feel comfortable awarding it to Monstar.

To ensure that we don't just award willy nilly, it would be prudent to look over the laps of the top 5 of D2.
  3. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

1 point won’t change anything in the final championship standings
    So maybe just don’t worry about it?
  4. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry for late reply, my NBN was out for a few days - I'll check the replay at some point today and award the FL based on what I find.

It's immaterial in that it won't change any results, but I'd rather do it as it's useful if anyone does any stats projects in future like the ROOZ ACC League guys have done.

Also hopefully after the next game update PD will add a decent results page so we won't have to trawl through replays to find the FL in mixed div races...
    MONSTAR likes this.
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

It turns out that the final lap time stays on screen for a few seconds, with the split to that driver's race fastest lap also displaying. I back-calculated the FLs from here, then double-checked the replay to make sure this was in the ballpark.

@Hatfield did the fastest lap on Lap 11 - 1:56.145
    @Ian Cannan - 1:56:268
    @MONSTAR - 1:56.297

Championship charts have been updated

Thanks for the season!
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lucky me, thanks @Rangeraus !
    Rangeraus likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well that's GT7 Season 1 done and dusted. It wasn't without its hiccups but we got through it and had some great racing along the way.
    Thank you to everyone who participated in this season. Congratulations to this divisions winner @HighStakes123
    Well done to runners up @MONSTAR & @Aiden_1120
    Thank you to hosts/captains @Matthyus @emmo46
    Thank you to @Rangeraus for the tables
    Thank you to everyone who put their hand up and helped with the season set up, it made it much easier knowing I had you guys to turn to:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gran-turismo-7-sunday-league-roles.4657/

Our available dates for Season 2 are:
    17/7
    24/7
    31/7
    7/8
    14/8
    21/8
    28/8
    4/9
    11/9
    18/9
    25/9

With that in mind, here is a link to the Entry Thread for S2:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gran-turismo-7-season-2-entry-thread.4746/
    HighStakes123 and Matthyus like this.
  8. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

straight to D1 for @Hatfield ?
    Hatfield likes this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you mean straight back to D1?
    In that case you'd be there too
    MONSTAR likes this.
  10. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

I guess we’ll see each other at the back of the grid then lol
  11. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Footnote to season. I thought it was a test season, but I see there was a penalty late in the season in div 3 which surprised me.
    I made my own mistakes in race 1 at Brands. Got punted to nania at Big Willow by re entering car. Got punted twice at High Speed ring to last. And to top it off got punted first lap T1 at Bathurst from 5th to last. So I would have been posting videos like crazy if I thought it was a fair dinkum season. However the glitching was pretty severe and others may not have felt their cars burying into mine. Due to my poor results from the above, I was dropped back to div 3 to make room for abandoned div 1 drivers and chose not to get in the middle of what looked to be a close season in div 3. Didn't think that would be fair. I wish everybody well that did well. Hope things improve with the game quickly as so far it’s been he biggest waste of $150 odd dollars I’ve spent except for some nights on the piss.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(
    Stew Wilson and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    as far as protesting goes, wouldn't a test season be the perfect opportunity to protest poor driving to help the offenders improve for next season? (even though it was still an official season)