GT7 Season 1 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Either Groover or Risky were lagging side-to side a fair bit but it was still manageable - I was sitting behind them for most of the race but wheel-to-wheel racing may have been a problem
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  3. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Really..... :rolleyes:
  4. Rangeraus

I'm not actively trying to make anyone's life harder, and maybe next time I won't point it out... I was just running on the assumption from last round that if anyone beat that erstwhile division FL in a mixed division race, they should let the Room Captain know... I don't want nor expect room captains to comb through the entire replay to check this

[​IMG]
    Matthyus and MONSTAR like this.
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    My really, was just an eye roll.
    Thank you for pointing it out. And well done on the FL :)
    @MONSTAR almost had you
    MONSTAR likes this.
  6. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Matthyus likes this.
  7. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm out tomorrow. School holiday stuff. Have fun all.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 7: Daytona Road Course - S01 Dry, Cloudless and Pleasant - Midnight - 23 Laps - 3/7 (Retro Night Round)

[​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 1 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins.
    Thanks to the latest update, we are now able to change lobby settings after lobby creation, therefore in theory, we should be able to run practice laps prior to qualifying and have the room up at a standard time. Room Captains please test this to ensure your qualifying isn't skewed.

Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

The yellow lines on drivers left of the banking are regulatory and therefore track limits must be obeyed around them.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are on so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1/2.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - DAYTONA ROAD COURSE:
    A classic that is synonymous with GT Racing and turning left, Daytona offers a multitude of passing opportunities and long straights to keep the pack close. Be patient when considering your passing opportunities, T1 had an enormous elevation and road change mid braking zone which can unsettle a car easily. The bus stop chicane (T9 & T10) will be monitored for track limits.

RETRO LIVERIES
    Everyone get your retro liveries out this weekend! IMSA, NASCAR and Toyota liveries will go a charm here!
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    as of today, I am now cabled in! had some help running cables through the roof, so no more wifi
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Nice!
    How's the back?
  11. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Not sure if I’ll make tonight, if I’m not there by start time start without me
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    getting better every day
    Aiden_1120 likes this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 7 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    FL
    D1
    [​IMG]
    D2
    Unknown
    If someone knows, please advise.
    Hatfield likes this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Didn't expect that result after qualifying 2nd last. But kept my nose clean and claimed positions as others had offs or accidents. Once the first few laps were out of the way, fuel saving kicked in.
    Managed to make my way up to 3rd from 8th by lap 18, the planned stop point. @Ian Cannan was just in front, but when Iwe pitted I had managed to save 4L more. Came out of the pits right behind him, setting up an exciting final stint. @HighStakes123 to his credit managed to sneak 20 laps out of his tank and managed to pop out just in front of both of us with @groover33 right behind me. Keeping the pressure on @Ian Cannan he made a minor error on the first hairpin, allowing both groover and I through. Groover had the slip down the back straight, I had zero plans to fight him as he's from D1, hoping to steal some slip. @Ian Cannan however hadn't lost much ground and by the time we were on the last lap was within slip of me, leading to a very exciting final dash for the line.
    Very happy to have taken last step on the podium, my first in D2 for GT7.
    See you next season!
    Aiden_1120, MONSTAR, Peersy and 2 others like this.
  15. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

That was a messy race from me, hit @Hatfield and dropped to last on the redress. Apologies for any incidents @ADZA_85 and @Aiden_1120 I thought I left space but I will wear it if not.

@MONSTAR too good again

thank you all for a good season
  16. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    wow my first full race on oz season.
    thanks to all who showed up and made it fun and exciting every round. the first few rounds where very strong from me with 3 2nds in a row and having 5 out of 7 podiums. i even had 1 pole in the sprint race and 1 at Bathurst which was an awesome lap. i only really had one bad round as trial mountain was a WIFI dnf. and Daytona was horrible all round due to the crashes with highstakes, wizz and tfeccles i had pace but wrong place wrong time.
    super super congrats to @HighStakes123 we had some awesome battles and quali and race but i could never beat you :(
    @Ian Cannan, @MONSTAR thanks for some awesome battles through out the season.
    i don't know where ill finish in the standing due to that horrible final round even though i only needed a few points to keep monstar behind but it will be close after drop rounds are counted in.
    anyway thanks to everyone this has been a blast of a season and hope to see you all behind me next season ;)
    Rangeraus, Matthyus, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  17. MONSTAR

MONSTAR Team Driver

Big thanks to @Hatfield snd @Matthyus for hosting and organising this season. it’s a big job and it’s something you do in your spare time which involves a lot of work that goes into make the seasons run smoothly. Thanks
    I didn’t get off to a good start but finished it off strongly. My goal was to get a couple of podiums and finish the season off in the top 5. Some wins, poles and fastest laps were a welcomed bonus.
    Massive congratulations to @HighStakes123 for winning the championship and totally dominating the 1st four rounds with fast consistent pace. Well done mate.
    Also good job to @Aiden_1120 in a solid championship at such a young age. Your time will come no doubt but get the internet fixed!
    Well done to everyone else who got podiums, poles and fasted laps and for showing up every week. Hope you all had fun.

I really enjoyed it when the D1 boys joined. Racing against @Rangeraus, @groover33, @CaptainRisky21 just shows how much more you need to push. Although I could somewhat match them in one lap pace they somehow can race at that pace while saving fuel which I couldn’t do. A lot to learn.

anyway thanks and see you next season
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  19. Rangeraus

There haven't been any takers yet... I haven't awarded a point for Div 2 FL for this round but happy to do so if someone claims it
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    it was probably @MONSTAR
    Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.