GT7 Season 1 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 18, 2022.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    What FFB settings for T-GT? I was at 10-10 before the update
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I use 8-8 mate :)
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I suggest keeping in sync with other divisions. The 2 missed rounds can either be added to the end of season, or if everyone agrees, you can run 2 races a night on the 2 weekends following the enduro to make it up.
    Also, if everyone agrees you could do those 2 races this sunday on the long weekend instead
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    And it rhymes. I like it!
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  5. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    The force is strong! had to turn it down on my Fanatec DD otherwise id end up with a Quagmire arm!
    KoAStR, UrsineSaturn9 and Aiden_1120 like this.
  6. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

I find it helps to drive with both hands on the wheel
  7. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    Like your profile photo?
    HighStakes123 likes this.
  8. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

The teeth gritting gives me an extra tenth a lap
    Aiden_1120 likes this.
  9. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    I’ll give it a try, and if I grit my teeth hard enough I my just beat you ;)
    HighStakes123 likes this.
  10. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Is someone else able to host? I am unlikely to continue with this season, I'm not enjoying GT7 much at the moment
  11. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I can host
    Matthyus, Hatfield and gtkingx like this.
  12. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    running a full length practice race(44 laps)at trial Mountain tonight Tue 14th June at 7:45 for 8pm start.. all Divs welcome.
    First 16 best dressed.
  13. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I won't be racing this week, consider me out for the rest of the season unless I say otherwise.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I forgot to put in the early start in the OP at the beginning of the season, so start time for Sunday is per normal unless ALL drivers agree on an 30min early start. This is up to room captains to organise.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Viperzed @CaptainRisky21 ?
  16. Rangeraus

Who is entering the race tonight?
    groover33 likes this.
  17. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I'll be on tonight
  18. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    I'm also ok to start at 7:50pm
  19. Rangeraus

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    groover33 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5: Trial Mountain - S03 Dry, Cloudy and Pleasant - Afternoon - 44 Laps - 19/6 (Endurance Round)
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 1 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins.
    Because we cannot change room settings or reset the room, please do not run any laps until the room captain gives the go ahead for qualifying to begin.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

RACE START SETTING :
    There have been lots of issues recently surrounding false start check and an inconsistent ‘lights out’ point for the grid.
    Room Captains are encouraged to use false start check if possible (test this in a practice start prior to qualifying), Failing that

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are on so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars exiting T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - TRIAL MOUNTAIN:
    A return to our season for Trial Mountain, a Gran Turismo classic. Please be careful through the first sector if attempting an overtake, it is a one line section and will require sacrifice from both drivers to make it work. Similarly, overtakes between the next two tunnels should be taken with great care, as well as after the hairpin T9. Track limits as usual will be 2 wheels must stay inside the WHITE LINES or kerbs (whichever is further out) at all times.

A reminder too that this is an endurance round, empty your bladder before qualifying and have a water (or your favourite beverage) handy for the race.

REMEMBER TO CHECK SPECIFIC DIVISION THREADS FOR POSSIBLE EARLY START DISCUSSIONS
    Rangeraus and groover33 like this.