GT Sport Season 2 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 6, 2018.

1. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    If @Pixeliz3d_DoD is hosting definitely add him. Add as many as of us as you can and then just search by friend rooms on Sunday. Room will be called Raceonoz Div 2.
    Pixeliz3d_DoD and Andy apb000753 like this.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    All good and thanks mate
    Pixeliz3d_DoD likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Done
    Pixeliz3d_DoD and Hatfield like this.
  5. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    I will try to jump on tonite and run a ‘test room’ to make sure it’s all good. I notice you guys usually have a room open for practice a few hours before the race. I’m in brissy so an hour behind most. I’m thinking of opening the prac room at 5ish my time (6ish Sydney time) will this be suitable for everyone?

Then I figure qual at approx 7:15 and race at 7:30 again bris time, an hour later Sydney time

Oh I will also add everyone esp Andy if he’s not done so when the missus goes upstairs when I turn on the console
    NAACS likes this.
  6. Andy apb000753

Andy apb000753 New Recruit

PSN ID
    apb000753
    I’m in WA and can’t get on until 5:45-6pm WA time as I’m working, didn’t think about the time difference! Don’t work around me though as even if I get in to race it’s only my first time. I’ll find u on lobby’s other times
  7. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    @NAACS do I also grab screenshots of qual times and race results at the end of the race? I’m sure it’s a super noob question, I just want to ensure I get everything correct.

I will also save replay just in case. I mean I usually run up the back so the least I can ensure, while there is no chance fighting for a podium spot, is that I get the ‘admin side’ sorted so everyone else who is fighting for wins gets the best support I can provide
  8. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Morning
    Yes, before you kick off race start i just take a moment to grab the pole time with a creen shot. Unfortunately you cant see whole list, but at least you get the first 4 and i think last 5. middle misses out. Refere my posts earlier in this thread and you will get a better idea of what i mean ans is required by emmo.
    Dont hesitate to ask on the night. We generally have a chat room going, so be in that one. Up to you if you want to be in @CAB77 room as he never shuts up whilst the race is on.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if naacs is still racing on the night but not hosting, he can still get the screenshots if need be ;)
  10. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Sure
  11. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    Hmm ok, might be an idea, just in case I Bork it. I will grab screenies but if you can too that would be awesome.
    I setup a room and had a few laps to ensure it all worked. Looks good.

1 question - because I was in a room by myself I wasn't able to start qualifying, only practice. Is there anything specific I need to do to get qually going, or does it just go from practice > qual > race?

And thanks @NAACS and @Hatfield for being accomodating and understanding. Makes me not as nervous and therefore, not as many stuff ups :thumbsup:
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    to reset the room for quali.
    turn Mechanical Damage: Light to heavy then back again
    then 10min quali can begin with fresh laptimes
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If I may provide some new host pointers, being a new host this season myself.
    I've setup 2 lobbies (1 for Practise and 1 for Race) Prac has varied laps, Race has the race duration. Having this setup makes it very simple if you have to reset the room, it is just another thing that you don't need to remember.

So you have opened your lobby and racers are joining and doing whatever they like until Qual.
    To begin Qual, you need to 'Reset' the room to remove all previous times set during Practise.
    I've been doing this by changing 'Visible Damage from Off to On', Saving and applying the change, then back again to Off.
    Once the 2nd reset has occured, Qual begins.

Once the allocted time for Qual has finished and all racers have parked up (Qual goes for 10 minutes and the racers park up at the end of the lap they are on). This is where you take your First screenshot. You have 2 options on where to take it. Before you press start (ie parked up), As Naacs mentioned this will allow you to see Pole, 2 and 3 and whomever is around you or you can take a screenshot just as the race is loading, showing the lineup of all racers. TBH, it doesn't matter which one you grab as only Pole really matters here.

From here its Race start time. Mics off is the general rule, but being a Host, I generally just mute mine and leave the Party on, incase you need to confer with your Captain or an issue occurs. Race restart due to stuck on grid issues, etc.

Your next duty is when the race is finished. 2nd screenshot is taken on the Race Results page. This is simple one to grab.
    The 3rd screenshot is taken at the end of the replay, so you MUST save it.
    In the end you will have 3 screenshots.
    Qual, Race positions and Timings.
    To load these, there are several ways, but by far the easiest I've found is to use a USB stick and save the screenshots to the USB, copy them to a picture hosting site and use the link from the picture hosting site and the picture link button on the forums.

Hope this helps.
  14. Pixeliz3d_DoD

Pixeliz3d_DoD Rookie

PSN ID
    Pixeliz3d_DoD
    @Matthyus
    Awesome thank you very much, I will pull out the iPad so I can do this when qual starts. Appreciate the tips.

@NAACS thanks as well. Between you and matthyus I hope it will be good *fingers crossed *
    NAACS likes this.
  15. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Congrats on your Championship @CAB77 :):):):)ing gifted by a bull:):):):) server disconnect. Pole by .990 this game just doesn't want me to win at Bathurst. No way I was going to finish lower then 12th.
  16. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
  17. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I'm not sure what I'm adding/subtracting. Just going off what @emmo46 said saying I need 12th to take it out
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you started the race and DSCd you will be awarded points for the position after the last finisher. If there were less than 12 starters then you would have enough points to win even if CAB took the full 27 points. If you had pole then that means only 14th would be needed.
    Noremac likes this.
  19. Noremac

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Thanks Emmo!

Whoohoo! But even so I wanted that Bathurst win more than any other this season absolutely gut wrenching feeling when I DCd whole Neighbourhood would've heard me scream. Thanks for an awesome season Lads was truly a pleasure.
    AroGantz, Motors560 and emmo46 like this.
  20. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Yep I lose another championship by 1 point lol. @Noremac as I said to you earlier you were the 1 to beat all season and deserve the championship. I'm so glad we didn't have a full room tonight for you.
    Hatfield, Noremac and CaptainRisky21 like this.