GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It sometimes drops away from full throttle unless I have the pedal jammed down hard. Not quite hard down and the throttle sometimes starts to flutter up and down and not reach full throttle. It sounds like I need to look at the in game options but that would be constant wouldn't it? as in always fluttering even if a new pot is installed.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the game allows you to set a new maximum/minimum for the peddle
    so you can make 50% press = 100% throttle for example
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Contact cleaner is a quick fix for the issue, just not a permanent one. In the end there is wear on the potentiometer that is causing a loss of contact, translating into fluttering or a loss of signal. In the end the potentiometer is a cheap solution, there are many better solutions.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    *cough cough* Podium F1 *cough cough*
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    GT7 1.19 patch is out.
    Lobby saving is now a thing!!
  6. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Been having my PS5 turn on randomly about 15 min to and hour after i put it in rest mode, any one else noticed this
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HDMI settings from your TV perhaps?
  8. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

What headset do you all use when racing?
    I have a very tired pair of Audio Technica ATH-AG1X headphones and I've loved how comfortable/light they are and the mic and sound have been solid. Unfortunately the ear pads and mic foam cover after starting to flake.
    Was going to give my PC headphones - Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless a crack (using the 3.5mm cable plugged into the controller) for race 1 of the season, but the mic audio quality was echoey as hell so I canned that Idea.

Anyone have any recommendations?
    I could also buy replacement earpads and mic cover for the existing, but they are a number of years old and if there's something out there that has better/amazing sound and good mic quality then might look into those.

Doing a quick google looks like there's several different recommendations out there. Anything from $5-600 Steelseries, to the $300 HyperX Cloud Alpha's to other wired variants. Wireless would be great but not necessarily essential I guess.

Paying extra money for these types of things doesn't always guarantee quality (as I've experienced with the Corsair's that I had issues with and didn't use for 1-2 years until recently).
  9. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Astro A40s. Very comfortable (ears do get a bit warm inside the foam earcups in longer sessions) and the mix amp is pretty good as well.
    Excellent audio quality, excellent build quality and I'm very happy with them.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    LOL.
    I use the PS VITA ear bud :)
    It's free.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    EPOS GSP370's
  12. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I use my Samsung Buds Live connected to the PS App on my phone. I find headphones get uncomfortable during hour long sessions.
  13. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    solved it. did some research on old Reddit posts and found out the media remote does it when the batteries are going flat.
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I got these Sennheiser Pc37x open back headphones. Very happy in terms of sound quality and comfort. Wired into the PS4 controller, though you need to use an adapter because they have separate mic and stereo jacks. Very long braided cable too, which can be either a pro or a con. Open back design doesn't block out background noise, but cool to wear and nice full open tone.
    https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset
  15. Dash_Vanguard

Dash_Vanguard Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dash_Vanguard
    I use the ps5 pulse headphones. They sound good enough, are pretty cheap and integrate very nicely with the console.
    They work with PC, have a mute button which I find handy, game sound to chat toggle and on screen notifications to let you know your levels / battery status.
    Only con is the battery life. It's not amazing. I charge it once a week. I bought on sale for just over $100 down from $169.
  16. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    I still use my Turtle beach, single earhole, has mute and volume control, had since ps4 and first got on GT Sport.
    Cheap as, plug in to controller so never have power issues ,never missed a beat.
    Leaves me free to waste my money on the p310 and comfy chair :)
  17. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Thanks all for the suggestions. Everyone running something different which is always interesting.

Used to have Xbox A50s going back quite a few years now, they were comfortable and had good sound however I had so much issues with the mic on xbox (the platform it was designed for) but worked well for PC, support was an utter :):):):)show too. After many years of use on the PC the battery life went to :):):):) too and the screeching/piercing battery low beeps really did my head in as it would scare the crap out of me out of nowhere. I kind of swore off Astro after that experience. It's a LOT of money and whilst they worked great on PC minus the issues I had toward the end, I just wasn't sure I could trust them (even more so after the crap support). I have considered possibly trying again a number of times, but yeah... just a lot of cost to take the jump. Are you running on the PS5 with the A40s ? Does the amp work well with this?

LOL I used to have some sort of earbud, might've given it to the missus or something at some point though, but not quite what I'm looking for :p

Haven't heard of these before but Sennheiser are generally known to be a solid audio brand.

Interesting way to do it!

Have had the open back style before probably 10 years back with some old Audio Technica ATH AD700x. They were crazy light on the head, but required a clipon mic. Great sound, but wouldn't be great for me as sometimes the missus will head to bed (room next to current setup) whilst I'm mid race.

Have heard mixed reviews with the pulse. Some saying that it causes some pain to the ears after a while ?
    Love the idea of onscreen notifications though. Unfortunately I'm using my old PS4 Pro for the racing as I don't want to be moving the PS5 around from the good/main TV to my little gaming dungeon when I race:p

LOL P310 looks nice so I guess that works.

I think overall looking for an over ear headset that I can listen to game audio & chat with, that has clear and good range (I like a bit of bass and weight to my sound so something that is all treble isn't great). So many different opinions and ideas.
    Have thought of doing the whole 'audiophile' type headphone with a clip on mic years ago but I don't think I wan the cable dramas.
    Cable wise, at worst I want enough length to comfortably plug into the controller and piggy back from that. Wireless would be great if it performs well too.
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'm running RIG 800 Pro HS', been using RIG's since PS4 (RIG 800's, there's a PS4 specific version if you need it for PS4, will be cheaper) and i absolutely love them. Floating headband so they're comfy for long sessions, very high sound quality for the price, music sounds as good as game audio. Would highly recommend
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Yep, works a treat. I considered the A50s, but went with the A40s purely because they are wired.
    Strange I know, but for gaming, there is nothing worse than running out of juice mid-session.
  20. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Hmmm interesting. Wonder if Astro is reworth a visit then.

So far thinking maybe checking out Steelseries maybe the Pro w/ GameDAC but more likely a 7P+.7P+ in particular seems to show up on a few 'best of' lists. (Most expensive so far).
    Or HyperX Cloud Alpha wireless, shows up a several 'best of' lists also & supposedly has ridiculous battery life. (only a little more expensive than the Astro currently).
    Perhaps the Astros as I do remember the 50's having a great sound and comfort level, just concerned with 'squeakyness' from the plastic and after sale support if there's an issue. Due to the previous issues I had I'm generally swaying more away from these though as I don't want to be burned again, especially considering Astros are just not a cheap headset at all, but in saying that if I went to one of the other 2 mentioned, I've not had either brand before so who knows how they go.

Wonder if somewhere like JB Hifi would have these on display to try before you buy.