Gran Turismo 7 Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    All good mate it happens. Thank you for the redress.

I am just disappointed at myself. I should've put in some practice so I wasn't 3secs off the pole time.
    After our early bungle, I made some more errors and decided to park up as this type of technical track was already starting to hurt the hands.

I've raced here before in slower cars and it was fun, but it feels like a mini version of the old Grand Valley and so doesn't have enough space. However others obviously practiced and found the combo worked well for them, so congratulations to them.
    Kieran_B33 and tolley__ like this.
  2. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    it was me
  3. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I'll have to watch the replay, 'cause I've never seen anything like that. I have no idea how I didn't hit you.
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Great recovery drive @emmo46, goes to prove it ain't over til it's over. I was happy with my pass on you at lap 4-ish but I fluffed turn 2 twice and that put paid to my night up the front. It was amazing how slippery it was off the racing line going into that corner. Though with one of the offs there, I didn't account for the extra speed from the tow and that was that.

Sorry folks for spreading the big white bollards onto the track. I did clear them off the next time round :p!
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    tolley__ likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Actually the recovery was due to everybody else having misadventures.
    Bluemoon and tolley__ like this.
  6. Humblebeegee

Humblebeegee Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    Cheers guys, feels good to be coming to terms with the car finally and thankfully i do enjoy GVH. Had a few mistakes but kept decent pace throughout to hold the lead. Highlight of my race was trying for fastest lap, i had it early on, i think whizz took it midway through, i took it back then i think S.Mcdonald ended up with it in the end, props to him.
  7. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I havent raced Grand Valley since it was the Speedway in GT6, i put a fair amount of practice in and had some ok pace but not consistent enough here.

I will be missing this weekend again but will be available for the rest of the season.
  8. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    I don't practice, I know shock horror, in this car it shows.
    Congrats to podium, the only way I got to see the pointy end was by pitting super late.
    See you all next week,for more Emmo podium action :thumbsup:
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I did about 4 race distances for GVH but still drove like a hairy goat for the first 4 or 5 laps with it felt like everyone passing me and me being a mobile chicane. It wasn't until I had my first off and was back in eighth that I got my :):):):) together lapping on my own and chasing.
    I have run through the replay twice now and what a race it was, anyone of about 6 people deserved the podium but the track is so cruel to any minor misjudgement. The numbers speak, I had two crashes and was only the 6th fastest on PB but got 3rd so it shows it was a very random race.
    If you think that was bad wait until next week. I was just in Bobs room with five other div 2 and div 3 guys. It is almost impossible to pass and so easy to overdrive the track. Bob is looking really sharp and has about a second on me atm, so I will be searching around the track to see if I can see where that second is. Endurance certainly applies to next weeks round.
  10. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I won’t be there tonight. Away from home.. good luck all
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4 03/03: Autopolis International Racing Course - 46 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning 3x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 8 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 7:30pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 7:45pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the red and white kerb, or white line, whichever is further out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to commit to coming in not long after the final corner. You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers left if there are any cars approaching, you will have to give them space.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Autopolis
    A circuit that is rarely used on any calendar, Autopolis is a technical circuit in Japan which boasts a full rain cycle, meaning we again run an enduro which could be weather affected! Being an enduro, drivers should ensure they empty their bladders prior to race start, and have a drink nearby to stay hydrated.
    Bluemoon, T F Eccles and emmo46 like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Too warm for me to do the enduro tonight sorry.

good luck all!
  13. tolley__

tolley__ New Recruit

PSN ID
    tolley__
    I’m not going to be able to make the race tonight, apologies for short notice.
  14. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 4 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Matthyus and Steve Neilson like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Wheew, thank god that is over, 46 laps is a long way around Autopolis. I had a good race, best thing was doing 46 laps without an error. :).
    Qually didn't go to plan, I followed another car trying to get a tow but kept getting caught up behind them and losing time so had to drop back a bit and get a clean lap to move forward up to 4th with a lap that I should have done better. Never mind, made a place off the line, @Bluemoon passed inside me at turn one but I was able to cut back accross his tail and move ahead of him and another car to be second running down to turn 2. From there on it was just keeping it safe, watching @RPeeM808 slowly ease away from me and the gap widening slowly behind. Most of the race was just clockwork until @Ian Cannan got up to third with about 8 laps to go. He started setting FL after FL and was closing on me but it made me concentrate and there was a big enough gap that he was never going to catch me. Well done to @RPeeM808, you were splendid tonight.
  16. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I came into this race thinking a one stop or two stop would work. Maybe the one stop would be harder, but still doable. I thought I'd wait until after quali to make that decision. Qualified in 6th and thought "a one stop it is then". All was going to plan until lap 3 where I had brain fade and decided making sandcastles at T1 was going to be more interesting. And then did it again around lap 9. So, a one stop was well out the window by this stage. From there it was a long slog. After the second pit stop it looked like a podium was on the cards, so treated the last 11 laps like a qualifing session. I eventually got to third, 11ish seconds behind Emmo. Try as I might, I was never going to catch Emmo in the remaining laps. Fun trying though.
    emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I spent a lot of the race wondering where you were. Third place seemed hotly contested. I could see there was a tight string of cars lined up in the first stint.
    Matthyus and Ian Cannan like this.
  18. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    I wasn’t really my best before the race and because I didn’t practice I put myself at a disadvantage and wasn’t prepared for the race as well as I should’ve been. I still tried anyway.
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    It was hotly contested over the first handful of laps. In fact, the frantic tussling was a bit off putting to the point where I backed out of the the contest rather than get invloved in some scrap that sent someone off in the opening laps. in hindsight I should have stuck in there. While my pace was consistent, It wasn'r nealry as quick as my practice sessions, even when circulating by myself. I was kind of hoping for some rain because I had practiced in the wet.

Also, it appears I owe you some of you an apology for letting @Ian Cannan by and onto the podium. :whistling:
    Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.
  20. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    Also, it appears I owe you some of you an apology for letting @Ian Cannan by and onto the podium. :whistling:[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about the "let" part. from memory it took quite a bit of work :mad: