G'day from Perth - Don

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Don.6155, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Don.6155

Don.6155 New Recruit

G'day everyone :) My name is Don and I'm from Perth WA (SOR).

I just recently bought a PS5 with GT7, WRC and F1 23. I have gotten through to Menu 20 on GT7 so far, just using the Hand Controller, though I'd like to get a full Sim setup. But don't know how far I can test my wife's patience, as I just bought the PS5 and games, headphones, extra controller, charging pod etc, so I better not ask for a $3000 Sim setup just yet!!! LOL

I have been in love with cars since I was a kid, but been officially in the Car Scene since 2003. I currently have a 2020 BMW M340i xDrive with MHD Stage 2, xHP Stage 3, AA Catted Downpipe, MST Intake, H&R Lowering Springs/Spacers etc. Pic of my car below (as it's no point posting a pic of my PS5 LOL)

Anyway, hope to see you guys around soon :) Cheers, Don

[​IMG]
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Welcome!, @Viperzed is the man running the GT7 league at the moment, but we unfortunately just finished our final season for the year.

Next season will probably start around Feb next year, but there may be some community events running in the holiday period
    Don.6155 likes this.
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Welcome mate. Just be warned that getting into sim racing hardware is a very slippery slope, and approval from the spouse is always paramount lol.
    stucar17 and Don.6155 like this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Welcome Don good to see a fellow Perth member.
    Cheers, Dave.
    Don.6155 likes this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hiya Don! Welcome to Rooz mate.

Plenty of boys up and down the field using a hand controller in our Sunday night league racing series, no shame in it! On the other end, plenty of cool sim setups too, so either way is fine.

If you're interested, we currently run a format with 8pm AEDT races on Sunday nights, normally ~45 minutes each with a short 10 min quali beforehand. Everyone uses the same car so excuses go out the window! Just good ol' fashioned door to door racing.

We did just finish up our latest season but should get things going again in February when the kids are back to school. Keep an eye out for our signup thread coming very soon if you're interested!
    KoAStR and Don.6155 like this.
  6. Don.6155

Don.6155 New Recruit

Thanks for the welcome guys :) Yes, I will definitely get involved in the online racing :) Cheers :)
    Anthonyb, Viperzed and Easyprey007 like this.