Division 3 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

Damn it!! Knew I was going to be pretty sketchy tonight when my PS3 kept on freezing up on the menu screen & wouldn't move. Then finally I thought that it was all good again but obviously it wasn't. Zampli I hope I didnt cause any problems with your race when I got disconnected cause I was right behind you when it went blastic...

Had a awesome start tonight, started 8th & by the end of the first lap was in 3rd place about 5 secs off zampli & hosie who had cleared away. This was short lived though after ploughing my angry beast into the sand then another slight off coming onto the uphill straight thought the track was clear so pulled back out only to see homebrew flying in my rearview mirror, sorry mate couldn't get out of the way quick enough. The next few laps we had a few little battles then my tyres were pretty buggered so decided to pit at the end of lap 7 i think it was. Then came out & tried to catch up abit.

Caught homebrew then Dutchy also had a moment off in the sand. A few laps later I find turbo also off the road in what is a very fast track so if you have a off you lose alot of time getting back on usually. Found myself up in 6th place. Then pitted at the end of lap 15 & put some fuel in. Came back out in 8th place right behind zampli who had just lapped me. Thought I could use him to help me catch back up to the others so I could get into my 7th place asusual but it wasnt to be with me getting disconnected!

Anyway hopefully the rest of the race was enjoyable. Hoping my ps3 will have sorted itself out for the season finale.
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    It was a good nice long race, though it got a bit boring after my first pit stop.

Code:
    01. hosie09     1:02:03.825  1:57.691 (fastest lap)
    02. Zampli          +45.102  1:58.338
    03. garyw61         +57.697  2:00.439
    04. X-3vi1m00n    +1:32.325  2:01.218
    05. GTP_Dutch        (-1)    1:58.849
    06. mmm_homebrew     (-1)    2:02.683
    07. disturboed       (-2)    2:00.217
    08. steeny17         (DNF)   2:02.570
    09. CobMcCool        (DNF)   2:01:012
    10. dimplz_05        (DNF)   2:24.246

3. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Not a great race for me last night but I've never been great at Suzuka. had some decent stints with Cob abnd Evil for a while bt unfortuately those small mistakes cost you. What ruined the race tho happened just after i'd passed turbo and was still looking at the back of evil, but my steering wheel just went dead as I headed toward spoon and i was left there trying to get it working for what seemed like ages. Thought about giving up but decided to drive on, was surprised and glad to see me catching on homebrew and turbo who must have been 1 stopping (?). Drove conservatively as evil was now soooo far ahead and let hosie past, then had a great stint just trying to stay in touch with hoise (but well behind). This provided some interest for a mid-later stages on the race. A 5th is too flattering so ill think of it as third last ;)

Sorry i couldnt stay with you evil, i thought we were on for a great long battle last night.
  4. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Yeah Dutch we had a gooD stint there for a fair few laps. It brought some excitement back into the race for me. Cheers. u stuck with me the whole time too. you had good consistent lap times.
  5. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    My pleasure Hosie. :) Always wary of interupting the leaders race but kept a good distance for a while and they were some of my fastest as I got into a good rhythm with no pressure on me. Glad to hear i wasnt an unwanted distraction.
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I wasn't real confident going in to this one after sitting in the sun knocking back tinnies of Coopers for 12 hours a day for the previous 3 days at the Clipsal 500. My concerns were founded when I got a bit trigger happy on the first lap and put it in to a wall (with damage) putting me last by a fair margin. Not sure how I got back up to 3rd, but I suspect it was because the rest of the race was pretty much incident free fo me, but not for most others in front of me.

I don't think I saw another car after about 6 or 7 laps and the headache started kicking in at about lap 20 lol.

Congrats to Hosie, they were quick consistent laps you were putting in there mate, well done.

Lastly, on not such a pleasant note. Dimplez, I am not sure if you are just there to distract as many people as possible, or whether you are just some kid having fun, but please read the rules and regulations before the next race, especially the bit about quitting.
  7. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I was wondering what happened to you, one minute you get past me as I went wide into the hairpin, and the next your off in the middle of the Sahara desert somewhere... I was thinking how the hell did you get that far in? Sympathies with the wheel, it happened to me once before too, season 4 I think, fuji sprint round. heading for front of pack and BANG, wheel goes dead, no clue.

Hahahahah, no bloody way. I 3 stopped the race, which probably would have been a decent strategy had I stayed on track. On each set of new tyres I could close in a couple of seconds a lap for 5 laps or so before they started going off again. Of those 30 hellacious laps, maybe 5 or 6 of them were clean for me. It was either a small off, or a big lose every other lap, and ending up 2 laps down, well that's just plain embarrassing.

Some great lap times there, but you had to be lucky enough to pick up a draft on the 2 long straights.

TBH can't wait for this season to end, and mabye get off the slicks. I've never really done well in racing cars for some reason. Bring back the Tamora!!!!!!
  8. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    good job Hosie!!

i was looking at the results and points. and it looks like Zamps has to get worse then 4th for me to win the series. either way its going to be a good race. i love that track and im definitely going to be putting in alot of laps this week.

seeing as i need Zamps to get 5th or worse i should do some training sessions with Hosie, Gaz, Dutchy and Turbo hahaha share lines and info hahaha
  9. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Thanks nugget. Yeah I'm gunna try get on tonight for a few laps. Need some practice at this track. It's not working for me yet
  10. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Sorry to burst your bubble nugget, but Zampli has it in the bag. He has a minimum of 126 points, even if he doesn't turn up, and you are 27 pts down. He still has more 1st places if you win (+25), have fastest lap (+2), and Zampli finishes below 3rd (dropped).

Only 3rd is being contested for the podium this season. Think only a win can topple gary.
  11. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yes, I was waiting for you to be near me after my stop, but I couldn't find you! :)
  12. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

I think only Dutch has a shot at podium for championship
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Moon, can you check my points tally? Should be 42 points by my calculations or am I missing something?
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry Disturboed, looks like I missed adding the points from your last round. Thanks for picking that up; corrected now.

Been having problems with the circuit breakers tripping out at home. If they trip while I'm editing the ladder edits get lost and I sometimes forget where I'm up too.. :mad:
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Not sure how I managed a win from that, but I'll take it! It looked like just about everybody had one big 'off' at some stage, and I came off best from mine. Bad luck to Zampli, who was leading me by about 19 seconds with 2-3 laps to go, only to have a bad one at the chicane, sustaining engine damage, which really penalises you.

Congrats to Zampli for the championship, and good luck to you and Nugget in div 2 next season. Thanks for hosting this season moon, nice work.

Also good to see Disturboed and Dutchy overcome their connection problems this season.

Once again, I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to a full season with this car, but ended up falling in love with it.

Bring on season 7!
  16. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Yeah, absolutely. After having terrible terrible seasons with the Tamora and the macca and some connections issues with Div 2 last time round, was great to have a consistent season this yeah. Firmly in the mid field unfortuately but i will have to work on that, but overall some great racing which is the main thing.

Congrats Gary on the brilliant win, I know i was trying to stay with you for a while but was never close after the pit stop and you were clearly just too good. Also congrats to Zamps who was just clearly too good all season.
  17. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Sorry for my hit on you at the chicane gaz, looks like you had a brilliant run to get to first from that

Thanks to all for the season and congrats zamps on a dominant season..
    2 seasons ago you couldnt even get in the top half of the field..
  18. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    No worries Carn, it really wasn't much of a hit though, anywhere else on the track would've been fine, was just unlucky I was putting the power down at the time lol. Thanks for waiting too mate, a true gentleman!
  19. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Div 3 results:

1 garyw61 1:58.268
    2 Zampli 1:57.774
    3 NUGGET-22 1:57.525 fastest lap
    4 GTP_Dutch 1:58.223
    5 disturboed 1:58.902
    6 steeny17 1:59.325
    7 mmm-homebrew 1:59.948