Division 3 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Congrats Zampli, Nugget and Hosie. Some fast laps there guys.

Yeah, nice work there mate. You got me with the undercut, and I made too many mistakes trying to catch you up.
  2. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Thanks Gary. I thought I was making too many mistakes trying to get away. I did have it working for me, I was catching nugget then tyres decided to fade away the last 7 laps or so. Nugget started to pull away and you started catching. I was getting worried.
  3. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah guys another race with a massive hangover, I wouldn't have even considered driving a real car in the state I was in, did no practice through the week (way too busy) and was on for about 10 mins before qualifying, in hindsight sunday night is not ideal for me but that's life I suppose, or I could just get my :):):):) together but something always seems to pop up on the weekends involving vast amounts of grog.
    Congrats to the podium getters and I hope I didn't get in anyones way as I was largely on autopilot (just bombing around and not giving it the beans).

Cheers
  4. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Was a fun race with plenty of driving with others in the mid pack and had a great first stint with hosie and cob. Didnt have any practice and was also hungover while trying to have my dinner at the same time but well done to the guys up front and some great lap times. Saw people going for the 2 stoper and thought i would make the 1 stopper work. It would have worked with some better tire conservation (to be mid pack at least) but unfortuately lap 15 I went out too wide onto the grass coming onto the straight and slid sideways right into the pit. Yep, 2 stopper for me. Anyway, had some fun racing.
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I may not be able to make it on Sunday. I will be at the Clipsal 500 with a couple of mates, and it will depend on whether they want to hang around for the concert or not.
  6. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    hey fellas!!!
    the Gold 22 wont be on track this round. as crew chief im away all weekend with back to back nights of sprintcar racing.
    good luck guys and keep practicing so someone can stick it up Zamps hahhah this will be my drop round so just hope i dont have any connection problems for the rest of the season.

cyas
  7. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Nice. Who do you crew for? Also where abouts are you located? If you dont mind me asking haha.

Sorry to be off topic.
  8. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx

well im in perth and i crew for my old man. we run in the 320 sprintcar association which is pretty much a budget class with engine restrictions etc. we run a worked 308 and try to stick it up all the chevs hahaha it holds its own for sure!!
  9. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Nice nugget. I crew for my cousin in sprintcars We race at parramatta.
  10. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

It appears that there is alot of speedway oriented people on here wow never woulda picked this lol. I help out my mates that race amcas & V8 dirt mods
  11. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Sweet steeny. My cousin used to race v8 dirt mods till he got the sprintcar. What's your mates name
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well, I don't crew for speedway cars, but I do something similar.

I crew for the Monster Trucks! Nowadays there is 2 groups I work with whenever I get the chance, Extreme Monster Trucks Australia (EMT Events) and Monster Truck Promotions Australia (KC's Fireworks / Hellraisers of Insanity).

Been lucky enough to meet a couple of the USA's top drivers like Mr. Excitement Jim Koehler (Avenger), Kreg Christensen (Maximum Destruction) and Dan Patrick (Samson). Plus in a couple of weeks I'll be in Las Vegas for the Monster Jam World Finals!!!! YEEEEEIIWWWWWWWW!! Can't wait for that one.

Maybe one day Scott or Clive will give me a shot behind the wheel proper, just putting around in one ain't the same as jumping stuff!
  13. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

Nice Hosie, would that be Kevin Hopwood by any chance? lol. The Stephenson boys Brayd in the Amca & Jai in the Mod.
  14. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Yeah steeny. That's him. Should look him up on YouTube. We had a massive roll a few weeks ago. Apparently it's going on the new tv ad for parramatta.
  15. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

My sister was actually there for that meeting and told me about it haha.
  16. Hosie09

Hosie09 Stevie

Ha ha really. Cool. Yeah it was an awesome flip. We nearly got the car back to runnin again. We could of ha it ready fOr this week but thought it was gunna be rained out so. We should be there for the Scott darley memorial in 2 weeks time
  17. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I started a speedway thread in General Lounge. Should probably take this there haha.
  18. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Have to miss this one lads, wont be home till late tonight
  19. steeny17

steeny17 Jarod

looks like it's going to be a depleted field tonight without nugget & carn, possibly gary out aswell. With Nugget out I wonder who will take the fastest lap..
  20. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry guys had to bail out started getting wicked cramps in my feet on about lap 8. Worked myself to a standstill all day catching up on stuff I'd had to put off for while due to rain etc and was quite rooted by race start and then feet started to cramp up so I had to stop , sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.