Season 12: Luv U Loong Time!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jul 16, 2017.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

So does that mean only top 4 score points? I think sum ting wong with the calculations here.

TGM 1st, 4th, 6th & 7th (40, 28, 25,24) 117 +25 for demolishing post race cake.
    THO 2nd, 3rd, 11th & 12th (35, 31, 20, 19) 105 +85 bonus points for only getting 2 in the top 10.

Was some fun racing, with the 50kg it made it a bit tough for ultimate pace and I put in about as good a lap as I could in qualy, Got the 2nd row which was better then expected. I lost a spot to Koaster lap 1 which was never part of the plan and I also expected Terry to be running full fuel and no tyres on his stop, I didnt want to be behind him for too long. 12 laps later I was still there so that was again not part of the plan. Here is the first 12 laps following his wide arse, every time I got side by side in a straight those extra cakes started to drag me back ( I tried to use v-sync on capture this time and caused a few more stutters)

My calculations where clean track, tyres and fuel was very close just a bit quicker then min fuel and no tyres. With my ballast I would have had 0 pace had I gone full fuel and so likely would have been a few tenths per lap down on Terry and likely been passed by quite a few cars behind me. I hoped lower fuel would let me get past a full fuel car in the early laps if needed, then fresh tyres last 10 laps would help make passes if needed on those that didn't change theirs.

Luckily for me Koaster and Shaun got together on the last lap allowing me to get back to 4th which is where I qualified and never really looked like finishing until I saw them trade paint the last couple of laps. On pace 4th was as good as I could have expected unless some guys ahead in qualy ran into issues with Anon flying the team flag well.

Congrats to Anon on the win and nice to see all the guys eating post race cake this week, I stuffed a couple less in this week and started my slow and steady plan, to shed some weight to look my best at Bathurst and Nords. I don't think I will be as skinny as the Pagnian boys but they haven't even had a sniff of victory cake yet and are wasting away this season. Maybe we could donate some kg to them through some sort of world vision campaign.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Rigged!!! lol :)
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea sneaky swapped an 8 for a 0 to get 185 and the 142 for TGM was for top 5 instead of top 4 :rolleyes:
    Gotta keep you guys on your toes to make sure someone is paying attention! :cautious:
    Should be good now...
    [​IMG]
    Anon666 and marty like this.
  4. spita84

spita84 Rookie

PSN ID
    buggie_brain
    A short clip from my view on Monday night. After a hectic start I made 6 positions on lap 1 and then spent most of the race behind @bbhrt until he made a slight error and I snuck through. God (@Godzilla ) was getting awfully close to me too at stages which would make anybody nervous. :laugh:

5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@KoAStR: Cheers man, great pass on that outside of turn 1!
    @marty: We had some great side by side racing about 3 or 4 times throughout those 12 laps with no contact - full respect. I know you had pace, but my focus was just on trying to run as cleanly as possible which was probably holding you up, especially when I got into the defensive lines.
    KoAStR likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You still gave room when needed and it wasn't in your best interest to let me past easily I think, maybe running defensive in sections cost you some time, but it also wasn't in my best interest to just let you lap at your own pace in peace as I wanted you in my mirrors. :D Had you not defended as much and I got past then those behind me would have attacked you next so likely would have not made any impact on your end result.

For me it cost time but that's racing, every lap I stayed behind running at your heavier pace just meant the advantage of running less fuel early was wasted. I would have preferred the battle later had I been able to get clear and run a bit longer with fresher tyres in the last 10 laps. This would likely have made passing those on old tyres easier but track position in these cars seems to be hard to beat even with a second or so per lap in pace advantage unless the guy ahead makes a reasonable error or you stick it in with a great move and make it stick.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  7. bencrow-

bencrow- Rookie

PSN ID
    bencrow-
    I may not be able to make the race this week, just depends whether I get my new pedals on Monday or not.
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. bbhrt

bbhrt New Recruit

great close racing spita, that was an intense race
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hey guys. There's a major internet outage for TPG this evening so not sure I'll have net by the time the race starts tonight. If it comes back on in time I'll jump in, otherwise hope you all have a good race.
  10. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Tense racing again good fun. TTB and PAG suffering in the teams champ mustering only 3 scoring drivers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    krunch and jlynn777 like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys for the races, sorry to the few I made contact with it was a terrible night all round for me. I had no pace for some odd reason and was overdriving a bit too much. Got a couple wheels in the dirt and ran into a couple cars ahead of me, I redressed the hit with stiggy which was my biggest brain fart in the dirt early and was a passenger. I didnt redress with Spita as that one I didnt think I did much wrong. He got into the dirt ahead of me exiting the corkscrew with cars up my butt nothing I could do and ended up giving him a whack. So many cars around I had no idea where he ended up and could do much in that big mess.

I like the layout but was not a big fan of this version so hope Kunos finally gets a scanned version out so we can race on it next time. The ballast really sucks going up hills too so shedding some kg for Bathurst isn't a bad thing either so I shouldn't be the fattest on the grid next round. ;)
    krunch likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Knew this race was going to be a hard but was even worse then I thought. Yesterday gave me a bit of
    hope after doing low 27's and running prety well but just couldn't settle in to it today. Think I got a bit of a tap at the start of the first race which didn't help and ran very wide trying not to make contact with someone flying through on the inside and ended up in the quick sand... very happy to leave that shake fest of a track behind
    krunch likes this.
  14. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Good race guys. The sprint round provided the goods once again. Sorry to C4rlo5, I took you out in the dreaded corkscrew in the first sprint but I gave you the place so I hope that's all good. I put together a crappy highlights vid from my on-board footage if anyone is interested. Bathurst is going to be a killer.

15. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

All good @jlynn777. Never got comfortable with this track/car combo and was always cautious at the corkscrew. Hopefully Bathurst will be a lot better. Nice vid btw, how'd you get the name tags for the driver's in a different font? Looks a lot easier to read.
    krunch and jlynn777 like this.
  16. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

Congrats to Koastr flawless drive and Stiggy was on fire aswell nice one mate.

Same as Marty and Godzilla I also struggled, couldn;t get near my times the day before for some reason. I'm not sure if I can finish the season in this car, paddleshift cars don't work well with my g29 especially on bumpy tracks, as randomly it will decide to change gears on me. Sorry to Spita again and anyone else I rubbed paint with last night!
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great vid. Love the badge of approval!:roflmao: Some awesome racing and nice passes there. Pity about your solo pirouette over the corkscrew but well recovered :thumbsup:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think track wise the remaining tracks shouldnt be as bad bumps wise, laguna is an amazing track this conversion just not as great. Had some odd low poly track bumps more like some sort of sharp ramp at the top of the corkscrew and some more weird bumps in most spots. Ive seen much worse mod tracks though and in the end we all had the same conditions with some guys clearly doing better then others.

The weirdest was that dirt and its kind of how I had a pretty epic snowboard crash earlier this year. Going from a fast icey section in flat light to a deep stash of powder at about 80kmh. The very quick unexpected slowdown worked better on the lower section causing a nice tommahawk rag doll from me back into the next icey section for a few full solid tumbles. The drag in that powder was amazing and felt just like everytime you got a wheel in the dirt you not only slowed but lost all control. The bumps on track helped make it easier to find the dirt so it was a vicious cycle. :oops:

On a track having gravel traps that do this is fine but Im sure laguna doesnt have deep gravel everywhere off the hard surfaces. Remaining tracks shouldnt be too bad bumps wise bathurst may be the biggest challenge. Maybe smashing curbs at nords isnt great but they should be mostly avoided anyway. Hopefully you can make some more rounds as its very competitive at the front of this field and numbers seem to be dwindling as the season goes on.

Probably less starters this round then people that voted for this car. ;)
  19. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I was the same too, Vallelunga has been the only track I've felt comfortable at so far haha. I don't think I was even trying to make a move then and still cleaned you up. I think you press Alt + L or something to get the drivers labels.
  20. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Haha yeah I swore pretty loud then, think I braked too late. Awesome race mate, your second sprint would be the highlights vid to watch!