[Replaced] GT7 Test Season Qualifying

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I believe a vote to
    (Don't Shoot Me Down)
    Consider another Season in Gt sport While we wait.
    I would HATE to see my mates not racing.
    Ian Cannan and Aiden_1120 like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    No rush. Last season finished earlier to squeeze in this test season. School holidays / Easter / ANZAC Day coming up. I'd say we have another 7 weeks until sorting the next season, so surely that is enough time to get GT7 up and working for that purpose. If sooner, some no practice Sunday races can be done. If it drags out, then may consider reinstalling GTS.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    correct.
    So we will wait for next term and hopefully it is ready by then, otherwise we will revisit other options.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    What is it with the tail end of your car just randomly kicking out throwing you into a spin.
    First corner trail mountain, everytime.
    Bathurst was a knives edge the entire time. Conrod straight kink just flicks the tail out unless you use almost no steering Input or acceleration. Very frustrating
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Which car?
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    BRZ sti sport 18.
    Or the GR Yaris RZ high performance 20

But it seems to happen to almost all cars over a certain PP. I'VE just firmware updated my wheel, let's see if that changes things
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Just lift off the accelerator slightly as you turn in
  8. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I'm keen to do some more fun races on Sunday night, it's a bit of hassle with the cars and setting rooms but it wasn't too bad and we all had a bit of fun last week.

Anyone who wants to join just let me know(like this post) and I'll add you to the party we set up for last week
    Dybo, Steve Neilson and Ian Cannan like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Why not open a thread for Sunday fun races?
  10. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I wasn't really intending for it to be a formal race event, just an lobby open to rooz members where we all jump in a party and decide on tracks and cars as we go through the night. Basically what we've spent many a night doing on GTS in the past. I figure more people will be reading this thread than the community events forum anyway.

p.s given the low standards across public lobbies atm it will be friends only so people will need to be friends with whoever is hosting
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This a quick snapshot of Bathurst today. I was FAR from pushing it at all, but still spin non the less
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    We're not alone in this. Tidgney or Super_GT in one of their reviews noted that many leagues have delayed or cancelled upcoming seasons, or reverted to GTS.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You've put RS tyres on it. BRZ and other street cars go better with SS tyres. If you put racing tyres on I think you need to stiffen the suspension (<3Hz I think, softer back than front)
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, the road car model is a bit broken. I was attempting the Ferrari race at Magiorre in the 308 GTB on RS tyres. With no throttle and gentle steering the rear still broke loose in the final turn into the home straight.
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    After watching your clip I did 4 laps of Bathurst in the BRZ first on SH and then on RS, my car is overpowered but with standard suspension. On SH I did 4 messy laps with no spins, on RS I did 4 messy laps and only 1 lap without a spin. The racing tyres just let go suddenly whereas the sport tyres have better feel and the slides happen more gradually

RS

You really shouldn't deny yourself the smiles of driving these cars on sports tyres, they really are a lot of fun :)

You'll have to excuse the messy driving, I'd just finished a menu in the GR3 car so the handling is just slightly different lol
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I truly didn't think it would matter, stickier tyres = more grip. Guess not.
    I'll amend my tyre choice and give it another shot.
  18. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I read a post on GT Planet from a vehicle dynamics engineer whose job is tuning chasses for car manufacturers and test driving various tyre brands. He can't believe how bad the grip model is but did say that GT6 & GTS were given physics updates after their release.
    I'm all for tightening the model so you have to be more precise but I'm finding I'm constantly on tenterhooks waiting for the break away and that's adversely affecting enjoyment.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Matthyus and Ian Cannan like this.
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    So having said that, after struggling with some of the missions last night I switched to the controller. It's way more tolerant than a wheel. Given that I played with the sensitivity settings, going from one extreme to the other to see what it is like. Found that the best result was to max the controller to 7 and lo, the golds were easier to achieve. With that in mind I applied a similar test to the wheel settings for torque and sensitivity. I've now found a new set of numbers for myself, YMMV.

I do wonder though that the numbers for torque and sensitivity are acting opposite to the given description in the game menu. Would anyone else care to test and agree or disagree? I tried both at 1, both at 10, 1 & 10, 10 & 1 and both at 5. Have stylish on 4 & 6 at the moment.
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I like the physics of GT7 road cars of sport tyres, if anything I hope they update the race cars and make them a little less stuck to the road and also less snappy when they do let go.

Can you really have a group 3 car on the edge horizonal grip at 100mph and just nail the throttle and not spin the tyres? Seems unrealistic to me, of course I've never driven one in real life haha