ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 9 Sprint Zandvoort!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

What a race! Finally achieved my first win at RaceOn after nearly 2 complete seasons.

Qualied in P2 4 tenths behind @tezpez85 so I thought well, let's aim for P2 in the race as well as Terry is going to be gone lol.

Race started well as I hadn't lost any positions from the green flag like I usually do..... a few corners later that went out the window :rolleyes: I got caught up in the GT3 carnage at the rear and got put into the fence, fortunately I bounced off the right way and carried on but in 5th and with 13.5 seconds of damage to boot. Fortunately the damage didn't seem too bad so I wasn't going to repair it at the stop. Managed to make my way past them all with a bit of luck and pulled an 8 second gap by the time I pitted without even having a sight of Terry, which I was getting excited by haha. Had a pretty average stop, missed my marker so lost 5 seconds, and proceeded on my way out of pitlane. I then had the biggest shock when I saw Terry on the main straight just behind me :eek::eek: It was a struggle to keep him behind me while my tyres were cold and his were nice and toasty but fortunately Zandvoort is a good track to defend on. He ended up going slightly wide and onto the sand losing a second but it was just enough of a grace period to get my tyres up to temp and pull away. I think the only reason that happened was he had pitted way earlier than I had so his tyres would have been worn, plus he had damage as well from the lap 1 incident. So stoked to have come away with a win, far too late for the championship but a welcome win indeed.

Congrats to @tezpez85 for the GT4 championship and Lachlan Henderson @Chaos for the GT3 Championship, well done guys :thumbsup:

Ps. The GT3 drivers this round were bloody awesome! A lot of patience shown which, as a GT4 driver, was really well received, thanks guys
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  2. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Apolgies for the delay - work has been a bit intense the last few days, but highlights are below:

Usual caveats - at the time of posting still processing, may take an hour or two to be available etc etc :thumbsup:
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

removed by admin
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2020