ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 League Table, Results and Race Highlights

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Oct 5, 2020.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

2. SteveDrivingSlowly

Race Highlights:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Rolz, c4rLo5 and Flamebadger like this.
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Happy to freeze the results and end the season as it stands. P2 with 0 points, I'm happy to take that! Haha
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Hey, just wondering if the league table is correct??
    Some finishing places seem out of whack, but it could just be me.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thought I had it but nope, getting close though! Be fixed soon mate.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  7. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

There was apparently an about 17-way dead heat for 18th position :D
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Ok finally fixed it - sorry for the delay all!

But also my certainty about anything being real or not real, about any calculation or analysis of fact has been destroyed - therefore please let me know if you find any more bugs!

What was the bug?
    I literally spent 5 hours reading the season update script over and over again before I recognised there were two bugs:
    • I hadn't imagined a circumstance where a driver would miss race 1 and join for race 2, which happened last night. This meant that for race 1, the driver was assigned a finishing position of 0 - umm what? This threw an error in the points calculations and blew up the machine, giving every 0 points. I added a line of code to exclude any drivers with position = 0 from the calculations and boom - she's working again. One line of code that took 4 hours to write
    • We have so many different ways a driver can earn points and so many different breakdowns of the league tables (all of the different car classes GT3, GT4, CUP, ST, driver classes PRO, SILVER, AM, cup types Sprint, Enduro and ICGT and all possible permutations and combinations). The final thing that was making all of the calculations break was a points and position counter reset for the different car classes. I just needed to add one clause to make sure it was resetting appropriately for each driver and it fixed everything. 1 further hour for half a line of code.
    • #joyofcoding.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    krunch, Rolz, Shawn Jacobs and 4 others like this.
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Leave the bugs in!
    I can feel good about the results that way :cry:
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Don't be sorry for the delay man, there is alot of work behind the scenes that go into running a series like this, and I think I can safely say it is greatly appreciated by the guys and girls that race here.
    Last night was my first race on this side of ROOZ and I had an absolute blast. I'm telling anyone who will listen.
    Great work.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Appreciate the kind words mate. I am tempted to go into the database and give you an extra 5 points...but I don't want it to break again so sorry, not this time!
  12. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Haha, bugger. If I tell you how handsome you are will that help??
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Haha!
  14. Alex Chamberlain

Alex Chamberlain New Recruit

Hi Guys, firstly my apologies i have been a no show to the first races of the season, this is my first season and not sure how these things work and where to get information from as i kept checking "stevehasadomain" site for updates. so i apologise i missed the first race. is there a discord for racers in the league that i need to add for communication purposes? where do i find out next race times and event timing so i don't miss anything?.

thanks in advance.
  15. Flamebadger

All the info you need is in the season sign up thread mate - have a read of that; then if you have any other questions post in that thread and we'll be more than happy to answer additional queries :thumbsup:
    Alex Chamberlain likes this.
  16. tezpez85

Is it just me or are the replays a little fast forwarded? Makes it look like Micro Machines
  17. Flamebadger

Don't seem fastforwarded on my end, but if anyone else has had an issue let me know and I can look into if Youtube is doing A Stupid Thing, which would hardly be unsurprising!
  18. tezpez85

Hrmm, works just fine on another computer... odd

Great package btw!
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  19. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Anyone else having issues with the results page? It takes ages for it to load and I'm only getting fp1 and no q or race results
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes mate, I think everyone will be - I need to do some serious optimisation of that page to get it work properly. I think the slow load is caused by two things in conjunction - the big grid/longer race and the feature that scans the laps table in the database for the track lap record, the individual drivers fastest lap and the session fastest lap. This is used to apply the coloured cells that denote each of those things. I never really thought about a 120,000 lap database table and processing big grids when I first made it (well actually, I never really thought about any of this until I was half way through making it) - I will take a look at this and perhaps just disable some features for the moment to improve the loading.

EDIT: Have done that and for me it has improved loading speed A LOT. Please let me know if still not loading quickly for any of you!
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    krunch, Flamebadger and Jeremy Talbot like this.