ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Full Info & Sign Up!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Sep 26, 2020.

1. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Stupid question, is the qually server only open sometimes or can you get on any time?? Can't seem to find it in multiplayer.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey mate, it should always be up, but you usually have to search 'raceonoz' or similar for it in the server browser, as it oftentimes doesn't appear because Kunos can't code a server browser to save their lives :)

I did just quickly check the server on our end and it does seem to be running. Let me know if you still cant find it and I'll give it a reboot if necessary.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  3. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Got it now, thanks mate. I was searching for it all wrong. Cheers.
  4. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

5. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Just signed up, should be a fun season with multiclass :)
    Flamebadger likes this.
  6. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Just joined. Looks like I am one of many.
    Flamebadger likes this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

There will be a closed practice server up tonight from 8:00PM with the same track conditions as round 1 - password is ‘season4’
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  8. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

For those who picked surprise me when will we know which class we are in
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Was just mentioned in the discord a few moment ago, should be coming soon!
    Flamebadger likes this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Practice was fun tonight all! For any interested, here are the results:

krunch likes this.
  11. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Was good clean racing. Was way down the back, but still had a ball.
  12. Flamebadger

Yep as @CornfordCaster mentioned we should be letting people know soon - likely tomorrow. :thumbsup:
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  13. Hinssy

Hinssy New Recruit

So stupid question probably but will my class on the sign up site be updated to PRO or do I have to re-earn that so to speak? Not bothered either way tbh, just curious :laugh:
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate - Initial driver classes will be finalised at the weekend, based on the driver pace calc (see Driver Class Assignment thread), qualifying lap times, in game SA and our knowledge of drivers anecdotally. After round 4 of the league, the pace calc will hopefully have enough data for all drivers and we will then perform the one and only class review of the season.

During this review, drivers that are clearly in the wrong class will be reassigned, but and drivers that are right on the borderline between two classes will be asked which class they would like to compete in.

We developed this to prevent people sandbagging their qualy lap and completely dominating SILVER or AM, and to try and encourage good competition between drivers of similar skill level.
    Spidey_11, Hinssy and THE_UNDER_STUDY like this.
  15. Hinssy

Hinssy New Recruit

Sweet sounds good, cheers on that :) Can only make some of the rounds for this series as I work nights and that tends to clash with the longer races so just wanted to check
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

awesome mate, will be great to see you back on track!
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi all! The entry list in the OP (and at the results site) has been updated with your assigned car classes (GT3 or GT4)!!!!

Basically everyone that signed up as GT3 gets to drive a GT3.

The drivers that signed up as GT4 get to drive a GT4.

All of the drivers that signed up with 'Surprise me!' as their car choice have been assigned to GT4 to balance the car classes.

This gives us 30 GT3s with a good mix of drivers in PRO, SILVER and AM.

We will also have 20 GT4 entries, again with a good mix of all driver classes.

edit: I have messaged everyone who indicated 'Surprise me!' as their car choice to let you know, but I could not find Alex Chamberlain/boomting among the rooz members - please get in touch mate if you see this so we can correct your forum name.

Also, the math genius types among you will have calculated that this means we have 50 sign-ups - wow! Amazing response to this season so far - thank you all for signing up.

Current thinking is that we will cap the entries at 55, as this will already give us very full grids even if not everyone turns up to each race (very much the normal way things go!).
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  18. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I think ACC limits certain tracks to 50 entries anyway... I may be mis-remembering though. I believe it's in the server admin manual.
  19. kuda

kuda Rookie

Late to the party, missed out on sign up for season 4. Is there's a reserve list that I can go on? :)
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  20. Flamebadger

We had a stronger response than we could have hoped in terms of sign ups, but it is likely some spaces will become available during the season; we will post on the forums if we are able to open sign ups again! If we get to that point we'll do our best to remember to tag you in the post or send you a DM :thumbsup:
    kuda likes this.