ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Mid Season SPECIAL EVENT Spa 2.4Hr - Info & Sign up

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Nov 2, 2020.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 4 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt, @Rolz

It's time to pay what you Eau Rouge for La Source of the finest caffeine because
    the RaceOnOZ Spa 2.4hour is here - and it will take you way past your bedtime!

Special Event - SUPER ENDURO
    >> 2.4Hours of SPA <<

(Non-Championship, GT3 only, sign-up required)
    [​IMG]
    9th November 2020 at 7:45pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

SEASON 4 DRIVERS NEED TO SIGN-UP FOR THIS RACE!
    If you signed up for Season 4 most of your details will be pre-filled in the sign-up form

TO TEAM UP WITH ANOTHER DRIVER PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD
    Each driver must sign up individually first, then one of those drivers can post in this thread noting the chosen car and the other driver's name

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

GENERAL INFO
    • GT3's only.
    • Vehicle entry limit: 60
    • Race Length: 144 mins (2.4hrs)
    • Pit fuel time: fixed at 25 seconds
    • Change of Tyres: optional - 30 seconds
    • Maximum stint time: 70mins
    • Mandatory Pitstops: 2 << this has changed to avoid some cars getting away with only 1 full pitstop
    • Start type: Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on
    • Time Multiplier: x10
    • Conditions: Temperature will be an average of 24 degrees. The weather forecast for this race has slightly higher than normal cloud cover which could mean a higher chance of rain or changeable conditions.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice: 7:45pm - 45 mins (in game Thursday 11:10am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying: 8:30pm - 20 mins (in game Friday 6:20pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race: 8:50pm - 144 mins (in game Saturday 3:30pm) - LOCKED no joining
    • Entries: A driver may race as a single driver or join a team of 2 (no more than 2)
    • Team signup: Each driver must sign up individually first, then one of those drivers can post in this thread noting the chosen car and the other driver's name.
    • Driver classes: Classes are assigned using a combination of the RaceOnOz driver pace calculations (more info), ACC ratings & qualifying server laps (for those new to the league) and discretion.
    • Single Driver classes:
      • Pro, Silver, AM
    • Team Driver classes:
      • Pro+Pro = Pro
      • Pro+Silver = Pro
      • Pro + Am = Silver
      • Silver+Silver = Silver
      • Silver+Am = Am
      • Am + Am = Am
    • Optional use of indicators: Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the Rooz Etiquette guide and Rules & Regs linked below before race night.
    • Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)
    RACE SERVER INFO
    Server Name: "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE S4 Special Event 2.4hrs of Spa [2 x pit stops]"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:15pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the event to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but the race sessions is locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • PASSWORD: season4

PRACTICE SERVER INFO
    Server Name: "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] PRACTICE S4 Special Event 2.4hrs of Spa [2 x pit stops]"
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season4

Spa 2.4hr SIGNUPS :sneaky::ninja::alien::cautious::cool::eek::poop::oops::roflmao::sleep::coffee::thumbsup:
    Just like Season 4, sign ups for this event will be partially automated and handled by our super whizbang results website. This requires a quick and simple registration to allow drivers to interact with the cool thingamabobs that Steve has cooked up for us :)
    • If you haven't already, please go to stevehasadomain.com and register for a user account
    • Once you have registered there, you will see a link to the Spa 2.4 Hour signup form under 'News' on the home page
    • Follow that link, fill in the form and you are signed up for the Spa 2.4 Hour!
    • You can now sign in to the site anytime to check race results, league tables, stats and so forth
    • Most of these race results, league tables, stats and so forth will also be visible here on our forum
    Back here at the forum you can check the Entry list below and see how it grows! Also if you are new to ROOZ ACC leagues please make sure you've done some laps on the qualifying server before the day of the race so that we can work out your driver class.

NOTE: Please check the Currently Reserved Race Numbers thread as well as the Entry List below before choosing a race number.

QUALIFYING SERVER
    If you are new to ROOZ ACC leagues please make sure you have done at least three (3) laps on the qualifying server before the day of the race. This will help us put you in the correct class for your pace level. To find the server just search for rooz in the ACC lobby and seek out the one with Qualifying Server in the name. Check out the link below for more info:

ENTRY LIST
    Note: Teams and teammate requests are listed below the entry list

Teams:

• Denis Strelnikov & Nikita Bogoroditskiy
    • Matt Frost & Peter Hatfield
    • Thomas Robertshaw & SteveDrivingSlowly
    Looking for a teammate:

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 4. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 4 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S4 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Egor Tsakhoev, nanlatt, fRZn and 2 others like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    nanlatt and krunch like this.
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Does someone have a sim rig I can borrow for this? :D

My wheelstand gave out its last this evening and will be given its last rites shortly
  4. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

This is gunna sound like a dumb question, but as I have not done one, are driver swaps hard in ACC?
  5. Owen Smith

Owen Smith New Recruit

I've only played around with it when figuring out how to configure a server for it, but it seemed fairly straight forward. In your pit strat you can select the driver who will be taking over. When you come into pit lane, the driver taking over just clicks drive, and once the pit is completed, the original driver will no longer have control and the new driver will. Didn't seem much more involved than that.

There is also an extra widget that shows the drivers in your team, what their status is, and confirms once you have a new driver selected for the pit strategy.

I am sure there are people who have done it more and can correct any points I have missed though.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  6. krunch

Just be aware that driver swaps only work if your team's details are in the server's entry list so make sure to let us know as soon as possible if you are teaming up so we have time to sort it out. Basically by Saturday at the latest. We may be able to test driver swaps on Wednesday evening if we get details early enough. Also we can add teams to the practice server entry list so peeps can practice swaps there.
  7. Owen Smith

Owen Smith New Recruit

Ah yeah, that is a fairly important detail I left out.
    krunch likes this.
  8. Denis Strelnikov

Denis Strelnikov New Recruit

Hey. How to team up with my friend?
    i want to race together with
    Nikita Bogoroditskiy AM GT3 BOG 117
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate - please ask Nikita so sign up normally and then have him/her confirm they will join you in a team either here or in PM to an admin. Then we can make the adjustment to the entry list.
  10. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Do we have to register even if we are part of the normal ACC series??
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate, yes please - just log in, click the link, most of your details will be pre-filled and click submit - this is to help us generate server entry lists automatically (it is a pain in the ass to do this manually).
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    no worries.
    problem is I had to reset my password and now my gmail won't open the password reset email haha.

Disregard - I guessed it!
  13. TorneoGame

TorneoGame New Recruit

Hello, I confirm my participation in the team
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  14. krunch

For the record @Cooper and I are teaming up in a Lexus :).
  15. krunch

TO TEAM UP WITH ANOTHER DRIVER PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD!!!
    Each driver must sign up individually first, then one of those drivers can post in this thread noting the chosen car and the other driver's name.

Requests for a teammate can also be made in this thread.

Teams and requests are now listed under the entry list in the OP.
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    If you're interested in a practice 2.4 hour race, there is a server up with 60 spots. Search "skote" and I'll see you on the track!
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thanks @Spidey_11 ! I have given skote the settings for our server now so it will be the same as race night, and also set up another server with the exact race night settings for practice. This also has the entry list linked from the signup which includes the two teams we are aware of at the moment (Faichney/Frost and Strelnikov/Bogoroditskiy)
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

CornfordCaster and krunch like this.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

Denis - we have set up the entry list for your team. Important thing to note is that you must join the server before Nikita in order for this to work, so please arrange this with your teammate.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

With team entries closed (I think Saturday was cut off??) What is the cut off for individual entry?? I won't find out till later tonight if I am available tomoz night.
    Cheers.