PS ACC Season 5.2 - GT3 Series - Race Review

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Jan 12, 2022.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

This season I encourage each driver to post a summary of their races.

Congratulations to Podium finishes from both races. It's great to see a few different names on the podium. Well done to @Hsvv12 for winning split 1 and @Slambobagan winning Split 2. Also, well done to @Ford69xw, @MrNWilson and @Vik Chan for rounding out the other podium positions between both races. From the sounds of things there were great battles throughout both races.

My night.....one hell of a battle with slambo. He pipped me by 0.027 in quali. I just could not replicate the way I went through the chicane on my first flying lap. Kept losing a couple of tenths and couldn't finish a lap off. Was definitely over driving. Race started well, slambo got in front on entry to turn 1 lap 1 as he had the inside anyway. I was happy to settle in behind him but was surprised that I stayed with him. Our pace lap times were very close and I had a couple chances to get close enough for a pass. My attempted pass was not actually an attempt, I ran out of talent and out braked myself. Luckily slambo saw it, gave space and went by regardless. I made up tons of time on Slambo entering pitlane and the race was on after the pitstop. Tried as hard as I could to pressure slambo into a mistake but to no avail. Well done @Slambobagan you just had too much pace in the end and drove great.

I recorded my onboard for that race and the battle with slambo is worth a look....for 45 mins anyway.
    Riggsy1314, Hsvv12, stucar17 and 4 others like this.
  2. CRASHYMATE

CRASHYMATE New Recruit

This was my first league race. Was stoked with quali but it went a bit downhill after that. Someone missed the braking by a fraction t1 on lap 2 and whilst avoiding them I got hit up the arse. Not complaining :):):):) happens but I do want to apologise to those I affected on rejoin, I meant to coast on outside of track until the field passed but spun my wheels on the grass and hooked back onto the middle of t2. Inexperience with the game got me.
    Riggsy1314, andrelli and garyw61 like this.
  3. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Sorry Crashy i'm going to assume that was me on the slight braking error. I never assumed it would have caused you to have come off second best. Was never my intention. I thought i made a clean pass and pushed on. After looking at the replay it was damn close.Never want to or try too upset someones race. 100% sorry in any case regardless if no contact was made.
    garyw61 likes this.
  4. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Ok.
    P5 For Qual was a great effort for me as i'm not a great qualifier normally.
    2nd lap in Crashy made a slight error and i took the chance and dived in , made it through , crashy as noted tried to avoid me and unfortunately other hit crashy doing so. Pushed on and had bounty coming up behind me as im still in 3rd. Had a great duel with bounty as he run me down as my tyres wore off just before halfway (setup factor me thinks). Vik had an off (never happens) and we both cruised past , now 2nd. Bounty all over me like a rash just before pit window opens. Held him off with heaps of pressure. In the pits we go and bounty and vik following in , looking in my rearview i see vik run into bounty , bounty bouncing sround , vik sideways and pit Speed limit sign in the air. I left the pits and it was obvious they had damage which gave me a gap back to them (10sec). From here on by myself but with 7 min to go tyres again just went into space grip levels lost and braking points change had to re learn braking on the fly. gap of 10sec to vik (3rd) dimished to 3 by the finish line. Luck on my side gave me p2 What a race.
    Riggsy1314, JJ_Penguin and garyw61 like this.
  5. CRASHYMATE

CRASHYMATE New Recruit

It's all good mate
    garyw61 likes this.
  6. Riggsy1314

Riggsy1314 New Recruit Gold Member

What a race, Car was weapon right from first practice in the lead up, and Quali showed it.
    Qualified P4 on a PB and was pipped from 3rd by Jambon by a couple hundreths.. super close.

We knew the car was lit so i walked around it, kicked the tyres and the boys wheeled her out to the grid.
    Got a good start, side by side with jambon into 1, jambon drove around me to settle into 3rd then i made a half hearted attempt to get under him at T4 and we made contact '100% my fault' this dropped me back to 10th from memory so it was eyes forward and try recover.

This wasn't an easy task, had pye, bruise and tabasco i needed to pass so i could push on to the 4 car battle pack for 3rd, these guys deserve full credit, they didnt make it easy for me and defended their place hard, somehow over 6 or 7 laps i got through and put on the charge, caught the battle pack and it was on with Angryoldfella, never an easy guy to pass and will fight to the end... we touched i come off 2nd best and now carrying damage and dropped 2 spots again... this time bruise and tabasco put up and epic fight but once again somehow i pulled off the passes in time for my pit stop.

Pulled off a near perfect stop and suprisingly only 1.7 secs damage.... took the 31 secs to fully mentally reset for a storm home and what a stint it was!!

After the order reset after stops i was 6th and 5secs behind the now 3 car battle for 3rd... i just pushed and pushed till i tagged onto the back, while i was pushing i had a front row seat to Andrelli going full attack on Jambon, looked epic from my seat and as they were in battle Wilson was ever so slowly pulling away in 3rd.

Now it was my turn to join the fun, 20mins of full on battle with Andrelli and Jambon.

Andrelli made that Ferrari the widest car on track and its also well matched in speed to the Lexus so double hard to pass, 1 small mistake from dre gave me the opportunity to pass him then another half a lap of defending his return attack.. soooo much fun.

With about 8mins to go i started to work on Jambon, by this stage my tyres were going off and the aero wash was starting feel average also, Jambon was eyes forward and holding his line and picked up the pace, over the last 3 laps we closed in on wilson but i couldn't get a run on jambon and he didn't make a mistake i could capitalise on, last lap was a nail biter.. 1 sec covered the 3 of us and Wilson now under 2 secs ahead.. i got a mad run outta the last chicane and crossed the line practically touching Jambons bumper.

Such an epic race!!
    BURRADOGG, tnqsco, andrelli and 2 others like this.
  7. andrelli

andrelli Rookie Gold Member

Adrenalin Still pumping, and currently doing highlights from my saved replays.

I qualified 5th behind riggsy and Jambon. Had a good start, but on the first 2 corners Angry and wilson got me. But got 1 spot back when Angry went wide on turn 6 up the hill. Jambon had a bit of a gap in 3rd and i was riding wilson like he was a pony for first 6 laps... Until Angry in the lexus on lap 7 had a better exit going into the straight, and overtook me just prior to the corner.. Now it was his turn to put the pressure on Wilson. But 2 laps later i had the run on Angry and resumed my position on Wilsons rear.

After 17 Laps of intense racing with wilson for 4th place where the gap was no more then a second, he finally went into the pits, where I could put my foot down and relax at the same time. I went into the pits and was watching wilsons time come down Hoping I had done enough. I left the pits to find wilson had taken Jambon for 3rd and Jambon was now riding Wilson.

So Come turn 1, I squeezed between them, only to brake to late on turn 5 where Jambon overtook me and it was a 3 horse race for 3rd. 20 minutes of intense racing and riggsy deciding not to miss the party, it became the best race i have ever been part of even though I came last in the battle of the 4 drivers.

In the whole hour of the race I was no more the 1 sec behind either Wilson, Jambon, Riggsy and Angry. And was mentally fatigue by the end.
  8. Hsvv12

Hsvv12 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Hsvv12
    Qualified P2 next to vik. We battled pretty hard for the first 15 minutes. He ended up passing however making a mistake through the chicane and it dropped him back a fair bit. From there, I was racing myself and just turned consistent laps. Pitstop was flawless, no damage and hit the markers.

Blue flagged cars were awesome, and it was overall a wonderful surprise to take home the victory.
  9. tnqsco

tnqsco New Recruit Gold Member

Race 1 - Barcelona
    Good qually, it was super close in the midfield and I thought my race pace would be right there. Unfortunately I was about 0.5 - 1 sec down on my practice pace for the first stint. Was trailing the midfield pack and catching them when they were battling. Had to dodge a spinning Riggsy at T1/2 then took some time to get my tyres back in the window. Pitted and took too much pressure out of my tyres, which left me in no-mans land for the remainder of the race. Expected a better result just couln't tie enough consistent laps together.

Race 2 - Monza
    Less than an hour practice in the lead up to this one. Took ages to find a setup that was stable enough and fast. Ended up higher in qualy than I thought I would with a last ditch lap that was half a second faster than I'd done previously.
    Race - first corner was just Monza things, FLYSKYDHK checked up on the car in front, light tap, then I gave him a light tap. A spinning Bentley at T2 left me nowhere to go. Black falcon caught my back end not realising we were all basically stopped then scotty pye finished off the turn around. From my perspective it was all just a mess and they had nowhere to go. Scotty was caught with a lambo being pushed straight in front of him so likely had no idea what happened, and Black falcon was very upset with himself and apologised by there was definitely nothing malicious there, just unlucky. I only ended up with 10 sec damage so better result than I expected there, but i ended up p15 or something on the road.
    Settled into a recovery drive, was putting in better times than my qualy and letting everyone have incidents in front of me, recovered well to 8th, then dropped my rear left at Lesmo 2 and took a minute of damage.
    After my pitstop I was just a bit off the pace, was catching a battling group then Gazz and Adman had a coming together and a spinning adman caught my rear. That was pretty much race done there and then as I dropped about 10 seconds to the guy in front. Tyres were cooked so had a lonely rest of the race.
    garyw61 and Hsvv12 like this.
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  11. BURRADOGG

BURRADOGG Rookie

Spa- split 1
    What a track - what a race (for some) haha.. what a group of legends!!
    Quali was a disaster for me- ran out of fuel when I finally got my tyres into range. Probably had a good 3/4 tenths still in me. But anyway started 12th and was 15th by the end of lap 1.. the cars were glitching around me something fierce. And it was my connection I could see playing up. I tried to give the cars around me as much space as possible to avoid any dramas…
    First stint was ok - just tried to settle into a rhythm as the cars were all around the same pace- until slambo showed up on my bumper… tried to hold him off as long as I could- but to no avail.. had the box seat watching brenticles work on scottpye- and when he finally made the move I wasn’t close enough to follow him through… So I decided it was time to make the stop.
    Pitted at around the 30 min mark and tagged the wall in pit lane ‍♂️ … decided not to fix the 8sec damage and soldier on. Came out just in front of Slambo again but not for long as he made quick work of me and I tried to stay within the 2.5 sec he put on me with his warmer tyres.
    Then I had the start looking behind me as Jono was absolutely flying reeling me in… drove my ass off trying to keep him at bay but the time just kept shrinking as he closed the gap.. he had me under pressure the whole run home… I tried to make the Lexus as wide as I could, and with 4mins to go made a big mistake running wide at T1 when Jono finally stuck it up the inside and was gooone. Finished 7th.. not too bad in such a red hot field of guns!!! Such an intense battle and great fun! Bring on Zandvoort!!
    Congratulations to River (you’ll always be river to me Jamie) another stellar drive!! Eagle back in the Bentley - cracking necks and banking cheques (or however the Fuk it goes ), and a special shout out to my spaghetti cowboy mrwilson… u are absolutely flying bro and I’m so stoked for u!!
    And thanks everyone for showing up and making it such an awesome night!! The debrief was classic axel Hammerfoot at his best!!
  12. andrelli

andrelli Rookie Gold Member

After not being able to get into the 2:20s Monday Practice, A Changed setup was what i needed to secure Pole in Split 2 with a 2:19.500. a better time was able but once you loose your flow...it then blows. After a excellent battle in Heat 1 with Jambon, we found ourself together at the front of the pack, I had decided on the out lap, if Jambon had a slight better start I would let him take the lead into Eau Rouge, so there would be no carnage, which I did and he took the lead.

29 Mins of racing Jambon had lead the whole way and myself no more the 1 sec behind him at any stage, going up Eau Rouge my real brake was applying a small amount of pressure (which had happen last Season) When Jambon had entered the pits Iw as now about 6 sec behind. When I pitted, I had to turn off my rig, jiggle the brake cable and turn it back on, with 3 sec to spare in the pits. Hopefing that fixed the issue, quickly started and left to pits... The problem was fixed but now was 8 sec behind Jambon. With consint 2:19.700 laps and Jambon was low 21s, I caught him with about 15 mins to spare. I would catch him on the corners, but would always be 0.600 behind going into kemmel.

2 Laps remaining I got a better exit out of Turn 1 La Source, going into Kemmel was 0.300, this was my best shot. Got up half way along his car just before Les Combes, but great defence angle gave him the corner.

In the end I came 2nd by 0.500 and it was another race where for the whole race there was no resting.

The End
    garyw61 and jamie_t like this.
  13. warrior_wasp_

warrior_wasp_ New Recruit

hi there guys not really sure where to post this but i'am keen to get involved in acc league i'am coming from racing for the last there years in f1 with FNL1 LEAGUE so wondering are there any seats available at the moment. i also understand i need to be a gold member i'am happy to do this as long as there is a spot available cheers hoping you can point me in the right direction