[PROTOCOL] PLEASE READ for posting events

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by KoAStR, Mar 20, 2014.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi guys,

First off, it's great to see so many guys organising their own successful events and series at ROOZ. :D

As you know, the mod team try and keep all your current and upcoming events as sticky topics so they are easy to find. To help us maintain this protocol more reliably, we'd like to implement a thread prefix protocol. And who knows the event status better than you guys organising it?! :p

So, as you're moving through phases of posting, developing, and running your event/series, please edit your thread title with one of the prefixes in square brackets below, as applicable.
    APPLY A THREAD PREFIX FOR THE PLATFORM YOU ARE RUNNING ON WHEN POSTING YOUR EVENT OR ASSOCIATED POSTS (LEADERBOARDS, POLLS ETC)

Phase 1: pretty self explanatory, early days work in progress phase.
    [GAUGING INTEREST] or [EOI] or [WIP]
    - please remove prefix is event doesn't go to next phase, and we'll unsticky.
    - if there's alot of events on at the time, event may not be stickied until next phase, depending on how initial interest and how developed the format is.

Phase 2 - Sticky topic: one off event or series, once you've committed to hosting.

[EVENT - DD/MM]
    [SERIES - DD/MM]
    - If date still not locked down try and include the month, or TBA.

Phase 3 - Sticky topic: series in progress, enquire within to participate!

[CURRENT SERIES]
    - skip this phase for one off events

- phase 3 is optional for series as long as there is a start date in the prefix from phase 2, and phase 4 protocol is adhered to upon completion.

Phase 4 - completed event or series (topic will 'unstickied' at this phase).

[COMPLETED]
    - one off events will also be unstickied after the scheduled event date.

This way it's it's easier to keep track of what's upcoming, current, and completed, and help newbies see what they can join in on immediately at a glance, without having to troll through thread posts to work it out. o_O :cool:

If your event doesn't get stickied (or unstickied) when you think it should, just PM one of the moderators to sort it out for you.

Hall of Fame Eligibility Guidelines
    For race/series results to be eligible for HoF they need to (roughly) conform the ROOZ racing regulations and have a reasonable number of regular participants. Unconventional racing events (i.e. dirty tactics, slower car boost, relays etc) are not typically eligible and are really just for fun anyway.

We need to limit HOF entries to credible events or it gets out of hand and waters the whole thing down.

Thanks. :)
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I've done a few existing events. Please edit if I got any wrong. I'll leave the rest up to you blokes. Cheers. ;)
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Cheers mate, I think with the extra clarity, it will help generate more interest in events within the first 2 phases. Awesome.
    KoAStR likes this.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Bump.

Please also make sure you assign a prefix so people know at a glance what platform your event is for.
    If there isn't an applicable prefix available, please include the platform in the title of your thread.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Updated OP with some guidelines for Hall of Fame eligibility.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ok, will limit the entries and will clean up some of the existing ones. What about Stu's Nascar series where boost is allowed, does that qualify?
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I think some discretion can apply, and use the notes as guidelines to achieve the main goal - not to dilute the HoF!
    Case in point: For all of GT5 we have only 14 community event HOF entries. For GT6 there is about 34 already and it's growing rapidly.....

NASCAR is probably a bit different and low boost is there to even things up in the case of when a wreck....(not if!)

What do you think Emmo? Open to input here.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree. I think I am the only one adding GT6 HOF entries at the moment and it has been hectic with so many events being held ( a good thing). As I said, I will have a look at what I have added and see if I can cull a few.:)
    KoAStR likes this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi guys, there's waaay too many stickied threads at the moment. Kinda defeats the purpose
    If you have more than one thread relevant to your event e.g. votes, divisions, results tables etc, put links to these in the main thread OP and only this thread will be sticky..

Cheers.
    Ad2mny and Beau_Albert like this.
  10. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    FYI @Ryzza5 have made a prefix for Rocket League in community events and game discussion forums since there is a growing number of threads :thumbsup:

Tagged the threads I could see.
    Ryzza5 likes this.